Notification for Time-in and Time-out of a Geofence

(13/03/2018 19:06:55 отредактировано RobertoS)

Тема: Notification for Time-in and Time-out of a Geofence

Dear All

I have been through the forum and haven't found such a proposal so here it goes.

Please comment if you agree, would like to see this implemented!

For one of my clients who has around 150 trucks, we need to put in place a system that alerts us if a vehicle spends too long in a certain geozone, and they have quite a number of Geofences too, all with different time limitations.

Now, I know that you can setup such an alert using the Geofence notification and then setting the minimum duration of alarm state. And if it's more than 24hours, then you need to create two notification with vehicle groups and have the vehicles transferrred to the group using the notifcations, etc.

Now, can you imagine the face of clients if you were to explain that to them when they want to create Time-in (or out) Geofence alerts?

Therefore, want to propose:

• A dedicated, and simple to setup, notification for Time-in and Time-out of a Geofence
  • That of course can check durations longer than 24h
  • Can also have the time limitation option like at the end of Geofence setting up window. A vehicle arriving at midnight at the border will of course take longer to pass the border than one that arrives at 14h when the customs are working.

So that's my proposition. I think it could be of interest to a lot of other people but let's see.

Please comment if you agree, would like to see this implemented!

Roberto

Re: Notification for Time-in and Time-out of a Geofence

RobertoS, I'd recommend you to try notification type "Idling". Recently we've added a geofence filtration for this type to Wialon Beta.
Suppose, it should cover some issues you've described.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Re: Notification for Time-in and Time-out of a Geofence

tata пишет:

RobertoS, I'd recommend you to try notification type "Idling". Recently we've added a geofence filtration for this type to Wialon Beta.
Suppose, it should cover some issues you've described.

Hello Tata

Thank you for your suggestion. When I read about the new notification option I thought about it too. We'll try this out in the meanwhile as it seems our suggestion is not interesting to others sad

Roberto