Logistics: some comments

Тема: Logistics: some comments

Hi guys,

i played yesterday with a customer a few hours with the logistic app (615 Jobs, 33 vehicles) and i must say: better than i thought!
But we found following questions which could be maybe because of my non- understanding of the documentation, wrong reading or whatever.

1.) It seems that there is nothing like an Adress-Book for customers. It seems that you need to use "repeating Jobs" as "adressbook".

2.) The "dont drive longer than XXX Minutes" seems not to be used by the system. If we set it to a maximum time of 540 minutes (9 hours) it still creates sometimes routers longer than 540 minutes.

3.) a huge problem in my eyes is the following: if we set it to "not create 2nd route" in the routing, sometimes there are "lost" jobs (or are not included into the routes. But we cant see, which jobs are not included.  So i am missing some kind of better status informations in the big Job list (like the unit name to which the Job is connected or so...)

4.) If we delete ALL routes in the System, it shows us still Jobs connected to some vehicles when we create new routes. Seems to be a little Bug.

5.) System does not like a lot of Jobs... We tested with above 600 Tasks and something goes wrong then (already wrote to Support).

To summerize it: customer is waiting that we fix that points and than he will parallel use his old method and new method and check which is better :-)))

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

(10/03/2018 11:18:46 отредактировано zaid)

Re: Logistics: some comments

Hi Wolf,

1.) It seems that there is nothing like an Adress-Book for customers. It seems that you need to use "repeating Jobs" as "adressbook".

Can you please specify or provide an example what exactly did you mean as 'Adress-Book'? Is it a name of the customer company or that smthing like the orders that are expected to be used several times? I want to point your attention, that you can save new created or imported orders with type 'Permanent', so they can be used many times.

+ открыть спойлер

2.) The "dont drive longer than XXX Minutes" seems not to be used by the system. If we set it to a maximum time of 540 minutes (9 hours) it still creates sometimes routers longer than 540 minutes.

It is actually should work if you set that value for as 'Duration' in the route validity filtration. The route could be either cut in case of 'Use valid route' action, or split into several routes in case of 'Create separate routes'. You can find estimated route duration if click on the planned route in the routes tab or check a delivery interval on the planning stage. Anyway you can provide us an example of the issue on our e-mail <support@gurtam.com>.

+ открыть спойлер

3.) a huge problem in my eyes is the following: if we set it to "not create 2nd route" in the routing, sometimes there are "lost" jobs (or are not included into the routes. But we cant see, which jobs are not included.  So i am missing some kind of better status informations in the big Job list (like the unit name to which the Job is connected or so...)

I suppose your are talking about 'Use valid route' option, it currently work like you've described - it just cut the route according to one of the validity filtration parameters, since we have such an idea in backlog to show reasons of the route cut in more details. If you meant something else please let us know.

4.) If we delete ALL routes in the System, it shows us still Jobs connected to some vehicles when we create new routes. Seems to be a little Bug.

Routes might be "lost" in the Active or Planing section. Please also specify what instance do you mean as 'Job'  - it's not clear for me in Wialon Logistics context, I suppose you mean Orders...

+ открыть спойлер

5.) System does not like a lot of Jobs... We tested with above 600 Tasks and something goes wrong then (already wrote to Support).
To summerize it: customer is waiting that we fix that points and than he will parallel use his old method and new method and check which is better :-)))

Yeah, we've got your e-mail and it's already taken into workflow, we'll keep you updated on it via e-mail. What about big number of Orders, it's surely would take less time to distribute about 100 orders, it been showing the most convenient usage. In case of 100+ orders distributed it takes more time for the system to plan all the routes.

Technical Support Department

Re: Logistics: some comments

I can find the shortest path between two points through a map in the WIALON platform