Add the report "countries, crossing borders"

Тема: Add the report "countries, crossing borders"

Accordingly, the law minimum wage in Germany and France (http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-16-2101_en.htm ) we need to generate reports with information how long driver/truck was in each country.
For that, we created many geofences containing very detailed country borders, for each EU country. But it is hard to share it with clients because, it overload Wialon map. Also it is hard to create this kind of geofence for each country.

So we are asking for add the report "countries, crossing borders" as service with auto autodetection zone without creating a geofence.

Re: Add the report "countries, crossing borders"

vestigodata , we've noticed your idea and will try to find some solutions for it, but it looks not easy.
We'll inform you if we have any news.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata - thank You for information

I have tried with reports "Messages tracing" and "Visited streets"
First contain "Location" field, second have "Visited streets" field.
Both fields contain Country information.

If You will add to this reports grouping by date and time, and by country, than calculate time between grouping, it will be enought.

Also it will by nice to detect first and last position in each grouping to detect entrance, end exit of country.

In attachment example of report based on Geofences.

vestigodata , using "Visited streets" to detect the country would be bad decision. It's like using a sledge-hammer to crack a nut. It should be probably a separate report.

About grouping by date and time. There is already this option.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata пишет:

vestigodata , using "Visited streets" to detect the country would be bad decision. It's like using a sledge-hammer to crack a nut. It should be probably a separate report.

About grouping by date and time. There is already this option.

Its true. It should be separated report.

tata  Is something new in that subject? Is it possible to generate report how long object was on any country, any city, any street without very detailed and complicated geofences?

The idea to create a new table type "Visited counties" was suspended for technical reasons. The load can be compared with the existed report "Visited streets", but the new one would be even more loaded.

But I'll suggest the alternative solution. Recently we added a new function: you can use geofences from any resource in reports.  So you can create in one resource countries as geofences and share it to all your clients.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Something is unclear hear. I do not want to overload user account with access to very big, very detailed geofences. I do not want to explain users that if they do not disable visibility of this big geofences, interface will be slow.

As You said if I want to use

tata пишет:

use geofences from any resource in reports.

we need to give the acces to this resource, what generate problems described abowe. It will generate big geofence mess on map and overload account.

If I'm wrong, please explain how to do not give access to geofence, and at the same time, generate report with this geofence?

vestigodata пишет:

I do not want to explain users that if they do not disable visibility of this big geofences, interface will be slow.

This won't be a problem if client uses "Render geofences on server" option.
I understand, that this solution is not so good, but we don't have better now.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

OK, so there is no good solution for that hmm

Maybe the solution is to grant access to geofence only for reports, or to make it invisible on account.