A solution for special installation of WL

Тема: A solution for special installation of WL

Hi GT

We have a customer who want to use WL and install it on their DC. The server will have access to mandatory ports of WL on the internet. But the problem is that clients (user's computers) want to use WL don't have access to internet and send all requests to WL internally and not over internet. I want to know can clients use Wialon in this case? I guess that clients will have problem at least with Maps, Am I right?
Anyone can help me in this case to provide a solution for this customer?
The most important limitation is that clients (users) don't have access to internet at all.

Re: A solution for special installation of WL

hhamedk, Wialon Local can serve own maps, in avd format.

At the dark side of telematics...

shal, thanks for the solution. But, what i mean is to use online maps. May be we can use iptables to route these requests from client side to map provider (Gooogle, OSM...) through WL.

hhamedk, you can hack absolutelly everything. But then it is you resposibility to Support any kind of own infrastructure.
If you need online services the simplest way is to use it as is because R&D and further Support costs can be significant.

At the dark side of telematics...

And Hamed,

i would be also carefully to provide VPN services in your country!

Another way is (if that maps is good enough for you in your country) to install OpenStreetmaps server localy. But still you need external Reverse Geocoding services from Gurtam! (Shal, are they installed localy if you use WL?)

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

"i would be also carefully to provide VPN services in your country!" - true story. Especially in commercial purposes.

As for Wialon - the trouble is - all external URLs (like for the maps) are implemented within it's libraries. So you cannot change addresses yourself (except for the maps like ArcGis or similar), where it is assumed, that the server runs elsewhere - look through the list in the admin website of your server to have more info on what you can and what you cannot do with the maps..

In case of the situation with WL (as shal said above) - you can use AVD and disallow other maps for the user. Other solutions (hacking of the infrastructure, replacing addresses with a nameserver in your DC and so on) are harder to support. Use them only as a last chance solution. As for Gurtam Maps - yes, they are proxied through your WL, if you connect them - users will have online maps but got from within the infrastructure.

serd, Thanks for detailed explanation. As I understand:

1. Safe and reliable ways: AVD and Gurtam Map will work in the situation without any need to change infrastructures.

2. In case customer insist on specific map (like Google) we have to made some changes in infrastructures which you are not agree with.

1 - yes, as long as WL server has external access, you will have Gurtam Maps
2 - we do not say "agree or not'. We only advice you to use such solutions only if it is really a crucial part. Sometimes such hard decisions are needed, just pick them only when it really matters.

(30/07/2018 15:07:34 отредактировано Groove)

Hey, as far as you doing fine with it, you should go with VPN like Best vpn rating. Getting a VPN today is a must have thing as there are tons of geoblocks and tracking services that will get any of your data you works with on your device. And get on your smartphone as well.