Help with Nimbus API Development

Тема: Help with Nimbus API Development

Hello all,

I am trying to develop a way on how to create a custom web-application that derives the Nimbus tools and data, and have it show up on a map, live-tracking the units and estimating thier time of arrival to the next stop. At the same time, have all this be public and available to anyone for viewing purposes only.

In other words, I need NimBus to generate ETAs to their next stop. Have it visible on a map and not expire/not let the user log out. Be an open/public url.

Which APIs do I need? How do I get them? Ive read the wialon.docs for Nimbus APIs and creating tokens, but im not sure what to do with them after verifying them. Also, the ETAs are very important to the project.

Making this public is essential. If there was a way for a Wialon account to stay logged in indefinitely and just continuously show the monitoring tab or stay logged in indefinitely in the NimBus app, then this would be a lot easier. Simply share the url and done.

Any help is appreciated. Thank You

Re: Help with Nimbus API Development

Hello adrian

We have a plan to add public locator functionality to NimBus. It will be almost what you want - shareable link to public page.

If you want to develop your own app you should keep in mind some points
- we use token for authorization, for public apps it must be "view only"
- token will expire if there'll be no activity for 10 days (e.g make any request using token every 5 days - and it will work almost forever)
- for your app you need information from 2 sources: Wialon and Nimbus. Wialon provide information about units movement while Nimbus can help with routes, stops etc. Technically you need separate tokens for each source
- for now NimBus API provide raw data, so be ready to write some code for calculations smile

Here's simple implementation variant - 2 php pages
1 index.php - init data, loads when user open link in browser
2 events.php - API page that provide updates info, index.php can do request to it time-to-time or on 'refresh' btn

Hope this helps

Hello Shmi,

Thank you for your response. I think it will be a lot easier if we use the link to a public page by NimBus. How can I set that up? Obtain locator functionality to NimBus?

Thank You!

For now it's not available, we're going to launch this feature in early 2018

Nimbus Locator v1 is now available
More info https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=12848