Restriction Improvements Reports

Тема: Restriction Improvements Reports

Dear,
Some of you have problems generating monthly reports above 20 units?
Our users are currently trying to generate reports for example 23 units, 1 Table "Parking", for the period of 1 month, and it is not possible.
Check with support and tell me what it is because they exceed the limits described in the following link:
https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/req/req#limitations
I believe that as a habitual user a "VERY IMPORTANT" improvement is that it is possible to generate at least monthly reports without problems of more than 20 units, it is absurd to expose a Client that must decrease the units or reduce the period of analysis in order to generate a monthly report . Do not forget that the objective of this is to make the user easier, not to give more work imagine your client calculating the correct number of units to generate the monthly report or gradually generating and joining all the generated parts to obtain only a monthly report.
I hope it is a necessity for everyone.
Best regards,
Antonio Ayala

Re: Restriction Improvements Reports

sometime i executed report for a group of unit consist of 60 units for one month . it gives me results .

Re: Restriction Improvements Reports

Dear Antonio,

Your mail was about web report. As you saw in the documentation limitation is 2 minutes. It is not our desire. When you execute a report, Wialon sends the request to the server. Then the reports are calculated and give back. The time of calculation shouldn't take more than 2 minutes, as a browser doesn't wait for it more than 2 minutes.
The time of calculation always depends on many factors: number of messages for all elements, number of tables and content of the tables. In different cases, you can get a report for 100 units in the simplest table and do not get for one unit if it sends messages twice per second and execute the table "Visited roads". So all depends ...

The common solution for big reports is to create a job "Send report by email". Then you will not be limited by a browser and can get much bigger results.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam