Use a mobile phone (with GPS) as tracker

Тема: Use a mobile phone (with GPS) as tracker

I was trying to track a mobile phone (with built-in GPS receiver) through Wialon.

I’ve downloaded ‘Mobile GPS’ J2ME Phone version from Gurtam’s site (http://gurtam.com/hw/cfg/mobile_gps_1_0_0005.jar). I’ve installed it fine; but when clicking “Connect to GPS Device”, it start searching for Bluetooth GPS devices & prompt to turn ON Bluetooth. But the phone has its own GPS module inside which is working fine with other applications.

Why it failed to find the internal GPS?

I tried also with ‘MGPS Tracer’ from Gurtam; but situation is same.

Any suggestion?

Re: Use a mobile phone (with GPS) as tracker

Maruf, do you know any application for mobile devices that can be used for such purposes and allow user to specify address of server to send data to?

At the dark side of telematics...

shal пишет:

Maruf, do you know any application for mobile devices that can be used for such purposes and allow user to specify address of server to send data to?

Then what is the purpose of all apps listed in Software GPS page?

Maruf пишет:

Then what is the purpose of all apps listed in Software GPS page?

Mobile platforms are very different comparing to PC platform. They are rapidly developed and ecnhcncent with new features. We do not create software for mobile platforms, only for server platform.
That's why we constantly searching for a good applications for various platforms.
Older apps work with older mobiles, for example 'Mobile GPS' works only with Bluetooth GPS receivers.

it is possible mobile phone (with GPS) as tracker ?

charlene пишет:

it is possible mobile phone (with GPS) as tracker ?

Yes, please select software here: http://gurtam.com/en/gps_tracking/gps_h … /soft.html