Units Sub-Groups

Тема: Units Sub-Groups

Hi there

It's so interested if you add a functions to create groups of units in different levels. I mean at least 2 sub levels. Most customers ask us this function to group units in to sub groups.
What you think?

Units Sub-Groups

Re: Units Sub-Groups

Hello,
I agree with you, also we need the geofences groups to be in sub groups too.

smile

Murtadha Fadhil
Integrated Solutions
Iraq
www.is.iq

Units Sub-Groups

Murtadha, Yes, we need Geofences sub-grouping  and i read your post regarding this issue.

Units Sub-Groups

I agree with both functions.

Units Sub-Groups

Other partners please vote if find such function useful

Units Sub-Groups

Im Agree with both functions also...

Units Sub-Groups

I agree with this function .
Add grouping function to units , geofence, notification ....
Will make monitoring easer .

Units Sub-Groups

I agree with this function. Good idea.

Units Sub-Groups

Any response from Gurtam Team?

Units Sub-Groups

It's still rather tricky issue.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Units Sub-Groups

Just posting to say I'd also like to see this implemented

Units Sub-Groups

(07/07/2017 14:17:47 отредактировано hhamedk)

Hi there

I think this idea has got enough positive feedback to be a part of Wialon future features.
tata, I understand you when you use the word "tricky" and appreciate all Gurtam team for what Wialon is. Please do your best like everyday and add this feature if it's possible. We, all your partners believe on Gurtam team skills...

Units Sub-Groups

Dear Gurtam,

Related to this topic of Sub-Groups;

We are planning to roll out mass usage of Jointech's JT701 E-Seals in to the market after successful tests. However, the only challenge which might delay us in this is the issue of lack of Group-Based Reports generation on Wialon Platform (Or maybe it's already possible and maybe I am not aware).

Secondly, Electronic Cargo Tracking (ECTs) business for which we would like to use the E-Seals mainly entails of tagging a Consignment (Container) at Origin and untagging of the Seal at Destination. This means a Seal can be used in different Trips for more that even 2 Times in a Day - each Trip with different Consignment details. For Billing of the same,either at the end of the Month/Week/or Trip, we have to generate a Trip Report which mainly has below details captured;

Container and Or Truck Reg. No.s
Origin
Destination
Tagging Time
Untagging Time
Client Entry No.
Transporter
Arrival at Destination
Trip Duration.

How can I come up with such a Report?.

Kind regards,

Gregory.

Units Sub-Groups

I need groups + subgroups + subsubgroups for units also.

any improve? I see this post from 13/07!

thanks

Locating things

Units Sub-Groups

(08/11/2017 10:39:37 отредактировано shve)

locationGPS,

We haven't got a decision on this issue yet. I will notify you if we find a solution this proposal.

Best regards,

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

Units Sub-Groups

ok thanks

Locating things

Units Sub-Groups

Nothing... correct?

Locating things

Units Sub-Groups

Seems nothing yet...

Units Sub-Groups

Correct.
We analyzed some competitor systems and our system and found that subgroups and including units in multiple groups cannot be combined. We chose the second way from the beginning and cannot start new subgroups system now as that means that we should remove all groups for all users.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Units Sub-Groups

Remove all, it can be very funny.

Locating things

Units Sub-Groups

Dear Gurtam,

Related to this topic of Sub-Groups;

we are also interested if we can create subgroups in units groups, Reports, and geofence groups

Thank you

Units Sub-Groups

GT, Pleaaase! It seems that this idea has enough interest among partners.

Units Sub-Groups

Dear Hamed, sourjah and other partners,
We see the interest and agree that subgroups could help to structure services, but unfortunately, we cannot implement it into the current product. From the system side, there is a choice: to have a groups tree or to add elements in different groups. We are already going by the second way and cannot change it on the go.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Units Sub-Groups

(27/11/2019 06:34:14 отредактировано nasnew)

Is there any progress on this topic, as I believe this is a basic feature for a system well structured and advanced as Wialon,

If creating sub-grouping function comes challenging and time taking,Is it not possible to think of using the already existing Hierarchy in the system; Accounts > Resources > Groups > Units (or any) to manage such situation at-least for units multi-layer grouping; to start with ?

for example having a 3 layer tree view; Resource name > Unit group > Unit display under monitoring work panel, as it will at-least help us meet our current demand, until a full-fledged sub-grouping function is implemented.

Hoping the topic is not closed !

Units Sub-Groups

nasnew, this feature is requested many times from community members and I believe GT will take it into account. Am I right tata ?