Blocking Units by Days/Balance

(03/12/2016 14:44:43 отредактировано hhamedk)

Тема: Blocking Units by Days/Balance

Hi Gurtam Team
Do you have any plan to add an option in CMS to block Units by Days/Balance instead of account? We disscussed about this case in Gurtam conference and GITEX and it seems interesting function as this way we can set different expiration date for units under an account.
Partners, please indicate if such an option is interesting for you or not?

PS:
please review below topic:
https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=9856

Re: Blocking Units by Days/Balance

Like all issues with the billing system, this one is pretty tricky...
First, let's see if this is really necessary.

Votes? Opinions?

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Up....

Hi everyone

Is there anyone who like to have this function or any idea to solve the problem in another way?

UP..
We have customers who use units for trial as well as units for rent.
When combined with billing we can select which units we should add additional day-credit.

UP........desperately needed feature, I have seeing it  in other platforms, a simple activate check mark suspends the unit from the client and stops the charge to us dealers.

inteltrack

Hi everyone

does any other partner need this function?

We do need this function. Thank hhamedk

We need this function

I need it but Alek ignores us smile
Long time we request for this..
thanks

Locating things

Hi

Any response from Gurtam team?

First of all this feature causes rewriting the whole billing system. We should be sure that it worth to be in the system.

It's not clear what does "blocked unit" mean.  Should their old messages be saved in the database and new messages parsed? Should they be used in monitoring and how? Or what can be done with this blocked unit?

If the element exists, it keeps some space on servers, it's information is available for analyzing and someone should pay for it anyway.
As I see, dealer pay for a unit to Gurtam, then the customer pays for a unit to a dealer. The unit gets blocked, customer stops paying, but dealer continues paying for it. Is it?
So what enhancement is expected for customers and for dealers with this feature? What is the expected final billing scheme?

I'd like to hear from you some examples of problematic situations. Maybe we can come up together with some better decision. E.g. an instrument to archive units and to restore them...

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata, I try to explain:

You wrote:

It's not clear what does "blocked unit" mean.  Should their old messages be saved in the database and new messages parsed? Should they be used in monitoring and how? Or what can be done with this blocked unit?

Just think about it like blocking an account, do you remove anything from an account content when you block it?
All old messages should remain and all new messages should store in database, you just should deny all users except top account access to blocked units. What I'm not sure about is that how it should be set, because units numbers are more than accounts generally and we have to do it not one-by-one.

You wrote:

If the element exists, it keeps some space on servers, it's information is available for analyzing and someone should pay for it anyway.
As I see, dealer pay for a unit to Gurtam, then the customer pays for a unit to a dealer. The unit gets blocked, customer stops paying, but dealer continues paying for it. Is it?
So what enhancement is expected for customers and for dealers with this feature? What is the expected final billing scheme?

Customers and dealers should pay based on all units on their account including blocked and active ones. The idea behind this is to notify customer/dealer that they have some unpaid units and make them pay for those when you issue yearly invoices. if some customer or dealer don't want to pay, OK, then top account will send them a notice and then remove blocked units.
I think we have to show blocked units of each account (based on unit's creator) somewhere, maybe in account properties or in new menu in CMS.

You wrote:

I'd like to hear from you some examples of problematic situations. Maybe we can come up together with some better decision. E.g. an instrument to archive units and to restore them...

I 100% agree with you that we need more think about and need other partners opinions as this is a change in a system macro object and we should be completely aware about what we want to do

Other valuable partners please share your ideas...

hhamedk, it is easy to block account/user access to the unit by simply removing rights for this unit. When you need to unblock access to the unit just grant ACL.

At the dark side of telematics...

shal, are you kidding us?
We know this but we request an automatic way for doing this from CMS and change in major Wialon objects.
Don't you want to say "Do it with Jobs"? If you do, let me ask some questions:

You have to put such job in top account as it should have access to all units and users. In such case what should do the system administrator make mistake and remove this job? Where unit's remained days will store? How many Jobs system administrator should create only for this matter? Imagine one Job for each group of units with same expiration date. If you have any solution please check if it work on both Wh and WL based on their different features like Restore function.

Dear shal, all partners who asked this function have been engaged with many struggles and most of them (like me) tried many tricks. We need a real working and reliable function.

Up, We extremely need it in our country

Taking into consideration the one more theme on the forum I'll try to gether proposals:
- to set block date for units; when this day comes, just disable it in the interface
- to set an amount to  be taken out of balance periodically

Is this all that you need for your work?

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata, for me Yes. But please consider a handy way to block units not to do it one by one. One possible way is showing all units under an account in account properties window and check them and set a blocking date for them. If other partner or Gurtam team have better way please share.

(16/10/2017 06:59:58 отредактировано paulv36)

paulv36 пишет:

UP........desperately needed feature, I have seeing it  in other platforms, a simple activate check mark suspends the unit from the client and stops the charge to us dealers.

Frequently a client pauses the service for different reasons, only to activate again later, so if we don't want to be charged by Wialon, we must delete this device, when the client calls and request we resume service, now we have to enter the information of the device again. a total waste of time, it would be so much simple to have a status check mark where you can choose enabled/disable as the picture below. When enabled we get charged and disable we don't, in the disable mode of course the device dos not store any new data.

• Blocking Units by Days/Balance
inteltrack

paulv36 пишет:

Frequently a client pauses the service for different reasons, only to activate again later, so if we don't want to be charged by Wialon, we must delete this device, when the client calls and request we resume service, now we have to enter the information of the device again. a total waste of time, it would be so much simple to have a status check mark where you can choose enabled/disable as the picture below. When enabled we get charged and disable we don't, in the disable mode of course the device dos not store any new data.

This theme is different than the first topic, I think.
Blocked units are in the system, so they should be charged.
As Hamed wrote, "Customers and dealers should pay based on all units on their account including blocked and active ones."

But we have another topic to discuss, that we examine closely now: units archive. It's a new module, where you will be able to delete and then restore some units or unit groups. Sure, removed units won't be charged.What do you think of it? Can it solve your problem?

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

(16/10/2017 18:54:43 отредактировано hhamedk)

tata wrote:
But we have another topic to discuss, that we examine closely now: units archive. It's a new module, where you will be able to delete and then restore some units or unit groups. Sure, removed units won't be charged.What do you think of it? Can it solve your problem?

I think we have this already, you can delete any unit and then restore it whenever you want. paulv36, you may just need extended period of Trash history.

What we are talking about here is same as tata mentioned it in right way.
BTW, if other partners can help to make the idea better, I invite them to participate.

hhamedk пишет:

I think we have this already, you can delete any unit and then restore it whenever you want.

Those units are restoring under Top aсcount and without messages. And in the case with Wialon Hosting, not Local, only support team can do it.
We plan to make it easier and more useful for all: it will consider accounts and units messages.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

(27/10/2017 19:35:09 отредактировано myogyee)

We are looking for the this kind of automated billing and notification system by blocking unit. Is there anyone who can developed this kind of system? Please contact to myogyee@gmail.com

(28/12/2017 15:10:56 отредактировано hhamedk)

Hi Gt

As you can see this issue is interesting for partners, do you have any plan for?

We are working on the function of deactivation units. It might differ from the original topic, but we tried to gather the most common issues and offer the way to solve them.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam