Mobile client

Тема: Mobile client

Is it possible to add Google Street view in mobile client as hosting have in mini maps. Many competitors take advantage by showing this and we also need to implement this as customers are excited to see the place where their vehicles are.

Regards,

Babu Abraham

Mobile client

Re: Mobile client

Hi orosgroup

Thank you for your proposition and feedback. We will take into account in the future Wialon Mobile Client updates. Please, be informed that with the number of partners voting for the same request the priority of the feature increases.

I would appreciate examples of situations where your clients express the need of the Google Street View.
Thank you for being a Wialon Mobile Client user!

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam

Mobile client

Hello Pavel... we are 100% agree with this request... Most of our clients are "in the field/streets" and they are using Wialon Mobile most of the time and this will help them A LOT to see "what is around" using Google Street View on their phones.

We vote for YES...

Mobile client

Hi

I also vote.

Mobile client

Count our vote.

Sint

Mobile client

Hi ysv, hhamedk, jhdeguate, orosgroup

Let me dive deeper into the problem of this feature.

Google provides API for the Street View, and Gurtam has an option to turn on the service for the partners. However, here is the problem: in case we turn it on for the whole Wialon Hosting (as Google counts on the unit basis, hence there is no difference the API is used on the web or also on mobile) — that would be an enormous amount that would result in a substantial increase in the unit price.

On the other hand, if you activate it for your service only, that would mean that it will be activated for all users, all units.

I will also read Google Street View documentation to check if that's possible to pass a pointer to the app to open it in a separate app, in essence, Google Street View.

Please allow me some more time to check for the avaliable options.

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam

Mobile client

i also vote

Mobile client

+1 for this request. Please help with the timeline.