*NEW*: App for Public Transport

Re: *NEW*: App for Public Transport

I do not have access,
How can I get it?

Hello omendez,

Nimbus is available to you from Apps. You may add Nimbus App through "Apps Configurator" and enable or disable access to your customer accounts through: "CMS > Accounts > Services tab"

Best regards,

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

Thank you, I will request the permits.

Hello Alec,
Please count me in. I have a bus company as a customer and is looking for something like this.

Is there something for the passenger to see where the bus is and how long it will be at their bus stop?

I can beta test as the customer is already live and has several buses on specific routes.

Kind Regards
Glenn

(16/09/2017 18:50:52 отредактировано glenn.pearson)

Hello Alek,

I have two big rail companies who would love this for their rail network.

I can see a number of uses for it, not only buses.

I can beta test as well for trains as we have the customer already.

We should give it a nice generic name.

Regards Glenn

glenn.pearson, the app has been released, so you can use it freely now!

You can find more information in our blog https://weblog.gurtam.com/2017/09/nimbus/ and in the documentation https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/nimbus/nimbus

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

alek, Please add Persian calendar to it ASAP.
And may you tell us which parameters we should pass to nimbus (from CMS) to open the application without authorization from Wialon itself.

Thank you Alek,
Maybe I am being overworked, I cannot find where to activate it for one on my dealer activated accounts.?

Please can someone point me in the right direction.

Many thanks
Glenn

hhamedk, opening NimBus from Wialon Hosting without additional authorization is not possible, because the app uses different technologies. However, if you type your login and password on nimbus.wialon.com once and let your browser remember them, then next time you will be forwarded to NimBus without any delay.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

glenn.pearson, just go to nimbus.wialon.com using your top user credentials and activate a "depot" for a particular account which needs NimBus service (presumably, one of your client's accounts). Then click on the activated depot to go to its administration settings and give access to users who are supposed to use this depot. Then any of those users can go to nimbus.wialon.com using their logins and passwords and create content there (stops, routes, etc.).

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Hello

Nice option. Can bus company add the nimbus buses timeline on theyr website like Locator so theyr clients can see real time busses on theyr smartphones and computers if they visit bus company website.

CarCops Autovalve, not yet, but we consider such things for future releases.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

alek, when new languages will be ready for NimBus in translation system? When you will release new languages for?

Hello hhamedk,

You need to write to our support (support@gurtam.com). They will give you the right to "translation tool".
When you have access to "translation tool", you can add a new language yourself.

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

Hello.  I noticed the Nimbus app is geared towards owners, managers and dispatchers primarily.  In other words it's more of an operation tool really.  Any thoughts given to making it useful for the passengers as well?  What  I mean by this is that it would be great to put up an LED display at different stops or terminals for the passengers so they can see where the buses are in relation to the stop or terminal where the passengers currently are.  This would help inform the passenger how close or far the next bus is for them.

Showing the currently online route that covers their stop isn't too helpful also because there are no labels for each stop, just stop numbers so the passenger isn't too sure which stop the bus is close to.  Perhaps a stop name besides just the stop number would be helpful?  Also, perhaps the current address or location of the bus/es on the screen would help inform the passenger further.

Even more helpful would be perhaps ETA info for each bus for the next stop, taking into consideration the current traffic conditions.

What do you think?

(03/10/2017 11:30:51 отредактировано shve)

Hello jonasf_ph ,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

it would be great to put up an LED display at different stops or terminals for the passengers

We are working on API that will be released in the upcoming days. We hope that using API you will be able to create that you need.

Showing the currently online route that covers their stop isn't too helpful also because there are no labels for each stop, just stop numbers

Оnline route has a tooltip with the name stop and description.

Even more helpful would be perhaps ETA info for each bus for the next stop

We are considering this option now and gathering ideas from our partners, but not yet working on it.

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam