Mini-maps in new browser page

Тема: Mini-maps in new browser page

Hi

Some customers uses Wialon in their monitoring centers. In such cases they have more than one display. Now it's impossible to view main Wialon page in one display and mini-maps in other displays. If user can open mini-maps in new browser pages then can sort mini-maps in other displays, first display for main Wialon page and other displays for mini-maps. You may add an option in user setting to choose between mini-maps inside main page or new browser pages.
Other partners please share your ideas and vote...

(20/06/2017 07:40:29 отредактировано hhamedk)

Re: Mini-maps in new browser page

Opening many browser pages is not good, i think and reach to an idea, you may open mini-maps in new browser page and put all mini maps together in it. this way we have 2 pages, 1st for main wialon page and 2nd for all mini-maps and user can open any numbers of mini-maps want in 2nd display based on size of display. But, i still insist on give this possibility as an option to user in user setting menu.
This idea can be done even by a new application (like Dashboard, Sensolator or...), Let's call it Mini-Map Manager that would contain only mini-maps for a sort of units beside wialon main page.

Anyone from Gurtam want to say "we read your post..."  at least?

(11/09/2017 20:01:53 отредактировано jhdeguate)

Jajaja.... hhamek I am not from Gurtam Staff, I am a Distributor like you, BUT "I just read your post" and I am 100% agree with your request...  My customers using several monitors/screens will love to move amy minimap to any monitor/screen they wish (and now minimaps are "locked" in the window we open them)...

G-Team, we are waiting for you help on this request...
Best regards!

Dear Hamed, we read your topic but seems that we cannot move minimap to separate window. Mini maps don't have an authorization and cannot work without Wialon, all the data they display they take from Wialon. For the purpose of separate use we have Locator.

The exact purpose of separate usage of minimap is not so clear, but I suppose, that many issues can be solved by existed functions, such as Locator, Sensolator, Track player may be.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Dear tata, thanks for your prompt response ;-)
please check:

This idea can be done even by a new application (like Dashboard, Sensolator or...), Let's call it Mini-Map Manager that would contain only mini-maps for a sort of units beside wialon main page.

(12/09/2017 23:42:24 отредактировано rual)

What are essential requirements for such minimap-viewer-app?

• Mini-maps in new browser page

rual, The idea in my mind is very close to what you sent in screenshot. Very simple app just to show a sort of mini maps and a simple setting to define how many rows and columns it should shows. Like most of your application and Wialon itself a sidebar to list all available units and add them to mini maps area (better to be hide-able). each mini map excepted to have same functionalities as mini maps in Wialon itself (i.e last feature of video playback in mini maps). Size and position of mini maps is better to adjust automatically based on what user choose as number of rows and columns. In case of adding more units than app can displays in one page there may be 2 different option that you can implement, to add a scroll bar or create pages and display number of pages that user can click on page number and switch to desired page of X numbers of mini maps.

OK, the idea of the new app is recorded.
But if you really need just a grid with units positions, it will be easier and faster to create it by SDK by yourself.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hello hhamedk

Found old russian topic https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?pid=87197#p87197

Here's updated app
Demo http://jsbin.com/coqapo/1
Source http://jsbin.com/coqapo/1/edit?html,js,output

Hi shmi,

Thank you very much for an example. It looks very good.

Mr.Teera Koedchan.
Developer, Mobile Innovation (Thailand) Company Limited
“We contribute to society by delivering SECURITY and SAFETY to customers”

shmi wrote:

Unfortunately I couldn't use that, I have created a user but can't login with that in the application you mentioned and receive Access Denied in console section of JSBin.

shmi, may you please help me on this case?

hhamedk пишет:

shmi, may you please help me on this case?

Probably you use Wialon Local? This demo is for Hosting.

Or send me PM with your token and Wialon site info