Reporting Multiple Custom Events

Тема: Reporting Multiple Custom Events

We are using the events register to carry out a truck inspection process to verify road worthiness of a vehicle before each trip. We have made a checklist of things to check (see screenshot). We open the events register of the unit, open the custom events, and use the check list to mark violations which then appear in a violations report. If we select multiple custom events however, the report brings only one or two of the events. Support team told us to select one custom event at a time. This is a slow method and it is creating truck queues at my client's gate. So many trucks waiting for inspection, so many items to be checked per truck. I request for a system enhancement such that multiple custom events can be selected at once, before clicking violation and OK.

• Reporting Multiple Custom Events
Tim Mwandha
Kampala, Uganda
Whatsapp: +25677398888
email: timothy@3dservices.co.ug

Re: Reporting Multiple Custom Events

Tim.Mwandha, thank you for the idea! It's clear and we'll try to find some solution. I'll back if I have any questions or news.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hi, Tim.Mwandha!
I want to suggest you a variant of multiple selections. See on the screenshot.

And some explanations: you can select multiple variants with "Shift" or "Ctrl" buttons, they all divided by comma will get to "Description field" and will be displayed in a report as one event.
Will it save time for your customer?

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Dear Tata,
Thanks for suggestion, however there are two issues with this approach.
1. Each event is a violation of truck road worthiness e.g. No side mirrors//No brake lights//Cracked windscreen. The client runs a report monthly to summarize all trucks with each violation. They analyze the kinds of violations against transport company/driver/vehicle make etc. This analysis would be difficult, if not impossible, if multiple violations were in the same line of the report.
2. The guys who inspect the trucks for road worthiness use tablets, and not PCs, as they are standing outside in the parking yard all day. When they 'touch' the stored descriptions, the violation list pops up as a check list which fills the whole window. It is not possible to select violation(s) while holding down the "Shift" or "Ctrl" buttons.

Regards

Tim Mwandha
Kampala, Uganda

Ok. Then I have plan B: to add button "Save and continue". They could add the events one by one, but the dialog will be opened all the time they need.
What do you think?

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

okay.

Tim Mwandha
Kampala, Uganda

New interface of "Register Event" dialog is ready in Beta.
We got rid of one step in the dialog. Users are able to register several events from different categories without closing dialog.
In the case of Tim.Mwandha, inspector need to open once dialog and one by one choose worries and register them in units' history.
Try it and leave your feedback.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

(27/02/2018 13:36:11 отредактировано Roadmaster Telematics)

Hello,

Is there any option in the Maintenance event to add a Fixed costing rather than to add a cost manually for any maintenance work.

Roadmaster Telematics
IT & Technical Support

Roadmaster Telematics, unfortunately, Wialon does not have such function now.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam