Editing in Driving Logbook

Тема: Editing in Driving Logbook

Hi everybody.

We are a bit troubled about the fact that we can't find a way to edit distances in the driving logbook ("APP").

The other day one of our (usually reliable) tracking devices had a minor fall out in 5 minuts.
This meant that the driving logbook is now missing 3,0 km. worth of data and documentations.

3,0 km is not a problem, but let's say that we need to adjust a driving logbook for +100 km. this would challenge us much more.

Does any one in here dealt with a similar case? -and how did you handle it?

Thank you

Best regards

Martin

Re: Editing in Driving Logbook

Hi Martin,

the problem with legal driving logbooks is, that you are NOT allowed to be able to manipulate the data.
So if device did not send data = you have a problem.

I also do not see a solution for this general problem (we have the same problems)

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Hi Wolf.

I agree with you that a driving logbook should only contain automatically generated data.
On the other hand we'll have to take in consideration that electronic devices can fail.
So to help all customers (yours and mine) it would be a more powerfull solution if the distance field in the report was editable.
On the same time it should leave a mark if the distance is edited.
This way the comment field could be used to write documentation for the edited distance...

What do you think of this solution?

I aggree