digital sensor in reports

Тема: digital sensor in reports

Hello everybody,
At the moment in reports for digital sensor we have just the following options:
-time of activation on sensor
-time of deactivation on sensor
-durations for activation
-total time
We do not have durations of deactivations on the sensor.
Also the time for durations for activations and total time are always the same. That no  sens.

What is your opinion, should Gustam add this option for duratentions of activatitations.

Re: digital sensor in reports

Hello, geri

I attached an example of "digital sensors" report with activated grouping by sensor.
Every single activation period duration is calculated and we got grouping by sensor duration. And then we sum all durations of all sensors and got Total duration. And nowhere total duration is not the same...

• digital sensor in reports
Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hello,tata
On picture that you post. I can see total time from duration when digital sensor is active.But don't have duration time for deactivate the sensor.(how long digital sensor is deactivated).
Probably you misunderstood me. On picture that I post can see total time that have no sense.
Of this column total time doesn't make sense, because this column has nothing to calculate.But if we have duration of activation and duration of deactivation time. Then total time can sum that time. Then the total time will be needed.

Total time is also actual for grouping mode. It shows time from the beginning of the first activation to the end of last one.
And deactivation time is rather easy to calculate. Just period minus activation time.

What business issue do you want to solve with deactivation column?

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hello tata,
You are absolutely right, we have time calculated from the activation to the end of first one. Also you are right is easy to calculate by hand the time of deactivation.
My idea is just that, not to be calculated by hand. Even then, the total time will also make sense.Because now is no sense.
I am using digital sensor for many things. The last time we connected air conditioner of truck. The customer ask me for what is this total time and I have no answer.That was the reason of my question here.

Best regards
Geri