Text Parameters in Sensor Table in Reports

Тема: Text Parameters in Sensor Table in Reports

I ran into an issue with the sensor tracing table in reports.  We have a custom sensor which sends text values (as opposed to numeric) and the values are not showing up in the report table.  I was told the following response from your support team:

The Sensor Tracing report has some limitations.
The cases when a sensor sends text values (as opposed to numeric) or no values at all are also considered 'invalid' - https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/user … lid_values
You can setup alert for DTC and VIN parameters control, register the alert text (parameter value) for the unit history as an event and display the VIN and DTC values in Events table if needed - https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/user … les/events

Is there any way to get the text value from a sensor in a report, other than the suggestion of setting up a notification and using events table in the report?

Re: Text Parameters in Sensor Table in Reports

Hello.
There is one more way to get values, but if they are consist of numbers. You can convert them to a decimal value in the parameter field.
Ex.: param:10 - convert text value to numeric. There is better explanation in documentation.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

I discussed this with our team and we're not sure if that will work.  Let me give you an example.  We have a sensor for DTC codes which comes as a text parameter which is alpha-numeric.  It might send value P0402 for instance, which indicates some issue with power train.  Other code might be C0090 which indicates some problem with the Chassis.  We need that full value to be displayed in the report.  If we use the conversion as suggested it would only display the numeric portion. The alphabet portion is very important as well.

Text sensor formatted values are available in Sensor tracing table since the latest update.
Try this new function for solving your task, please.Text sensor formatted values are available in Sensor tracing table from the latest update.
Try it for solving your task, please.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam