Maritime features in Wialon

Тема: Maritime features in Wialon

Dear partners

We was asked to provide a VMS (Vessels Monitoring System) for some customer. We searched and found some software solution for this case. We did test them and found Wialon more advanced than them. As an example Polestar is most famous VMS & LRIT platform but in comparison with Wialon it's functions/features are very basic. It has only 2 functions specially for maritime we have not in Wialon. First one is Weather Forecast graphical layers on maps (Using famous weather forecast organizations API including) that is useful for all types of vessels in seas and oceans. Second interesting function is that Polestar has a special API form somewhere (i think from IMO) that can alarm/notify Pirates danger all over the world!
I strongly believe that Wialon can use as a VMS software platform so i we ask Gurtam to add these 2 function to Wialon.
Please share your great ideas regarding this issue.

Re: Maritime features in Wialon

nice enhancements... but how do you get the data offshore into Wialon? by Satelite gps trackers?

And as i remember the vessels already have mostly something already implemented to send AIS data...

Wolf.

P.S. if i would be you, i would collect more data about which are popular weather forecast providers for international marine including documentation of implementation of the API etc.
same for the "pirate" allerts.
When you collected all this data create something like a technical task and send all to your Gurtam Sales Manager... As more informations you collect, as easier it is for the technical team to calculate the time they would need to implement such functions.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

(17/07/2016 00:32:39 отредактировано hhamedk)

Thanks dear Wolf
As i know there is some equipment with similar functions but different technology or similar technology but different usages in vessels, Like AIS, LRIT, SSAS and...
What i wrote about is a VMS system that it's very similar to what we do with Vehicles (functionally & beneficially). So, There is no conflict between mandatory AIS & LRIT systems and VMS.
I will do as you offered and will share results here as well.

hhamedk, can you give some examples or links to the systems which have good weather forecast and these pirate maps (free and with API)?

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

alek, I couldn't find free ones yet. I try to provide you a trial access to a well known VMS system.
I think there is many users that will pay for such services and what you need is only providing them the possibility of using such services (just like what you do in Maps). Please check below links. I'm still looking for free ones...

http://developer.worldweatheronline.com/
http://www.buoyweather.com/

hhamedk, unfortunately, these maps are not tile maps. That's why we cannot support them in Wialon.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Hi
Would you please check below maritime tracking platform? I believe if you add some functions like this we can use Wialon as a maritime tracking platform. It can be add as a module.

http://www.vesseltracker.com

(I can provide you access to their platform or you can create your trial one)

Thank you, Hamed. We need some time to get familiar with this service. And then we'll come back to you.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

hhamedk ,  we have explored this platform and found, that we can add some map layers with their API (waves, pirates, route density). At the moment we're trying to contact with Vesseltracker to know possibility of implementation their map layers in our platform.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

(03/12/2016 14:42:46 отредактировано hhamedk)

tata, Thank you first, I'm not sure that they are the best in Vessel Tracking or not and as i believe that you are the best so find the best one for  cooperation, please. The only thing i wanted to share with you was functionalities most Vessel Tracking platforms have, you can find mentioned map layers in most of them. Another mandatory function for such systems are AIS API that you can find it easily (in some cases free API). I believe that if you add map layers plus a module for AIS and call it for example Vessels module, you will go through a new market and we all your partners will introduce Wialon as a Vessel Tracking system as well. Just take a look at most Vessel Tracking platforms you will find out there is some special feature but not hard to do ones.  Based on software technology at back-end, most of them are initial in comparison with Wialon.
If we want to talk about marketing opportunities of vessel tracking system, i should say based on my studies (in Iran, at least) there is considerable difference between service cost for vessels and FMS and it seems it can bring great revenue for all partners.
Again, I strongly believe that using map layers + AIS API Wialon would be a serious competitor in Vessel Tracking field.
Please share your great ideas...

Hi everyone

There is some layers in Open Sea Maps (like Marine Traffic, Weather, Harbours etc.) that we can't add them in Wialon. These layers are so important for maritime and if we have them in Wialon we can say that it's very close to a maritime and vessel monitoring solution. Would you please check if it's possible to integrate them?
Please check screenshot.

• Maritime features in Wialon

Hello, hhamedk, Open Sea Maps uses markers from http://www.marinetraffic.com/, not thier own data. Did you see this resource before?

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

(06/03/2017 15:33:29 отредактировано hhamedk)

tata, I didn't see that. But as i check it now the service has both free and paid license. I think for other layers like Weather there is such sources. If we are talking about Wialon maritime functions improvement, i think we can add these important layers for maritime.
Again and again, Wialon has more function than most vessel monitoring systems i check (Other partners please check all vessel monitoring that they know and share here). I believe adding some layers and minor functions we can go trough this business strongly. Please check such systems pricing and compare with Wialon to found out how much revenue will come to partners.

hhamedk , you can see in the source, that markers (that mean Marine Traffic) on map are not tiles (we can support only tiles as map layer), but a specific element you can get more information or build track there.
If we implemented this,  we should think about new element of system (like geofences), that would display vessels, ports and so on...

And I remind you, that we support some OpenSeaMap layers like Sea Marks and Marine Profile

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata, You're right, Marine traffic are not tile but what we see in http://map.openseamap.org/weather.php is tile. So it seems that you can weather and find a way for traffic. If we have these 2 only we will reach to most requirement we are talking about in this topic.
Would you please share with me Gurtam opinion regarding this case? I'm not talking about technical issues, i want to know is some mind blinking on maritime features in Gurtam?

tata, as the least feature you can add to Wialon to make it more useful in maritime field may you add maritime measurement system to Wialon?

Do you speak about knots and nautical miles? You know, that measurement system can be set separately in a unit, in a report, user and route. So it's a far cry from a simple feature. We should be sure that it is the desirable feature by more than one client. But now it's doubtful.
We will back if some more clients will be interested in feature and share it with us.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

This is a great idea!

(30/07/2020 17:04:18 отредактировано Mosiout1936)

hhamedk пишет:

Hi
Would you please check below maritime tracking platform? I believe if you add some functions like this we can use Wialon as a maritime tracking platform. It can be add as a module.

http://www.vesseltracker.com

(I can provide you access to their platform or you can create your trial one)

Awesome I also use AIS but different provider it's free available for Android and IOS.  Check it out marine traffic