App for driver to log business/private trips

(16/02/2017 12:57:36 отредактировано FleetPursuit)

Тема: App for driver to log business/private trips

Hi,

We know that the Driver Logbook PC app is available via Wialon hosting. Not seen a mobile based app for this, is there one associated to this and maybe we haven't found it....?

Have a client that primarily needs to be able to have their drivers quickly select either Business or Travel trip mode from their mobile phones. Tracking, reports etc are highly important but this requirement is a must.

The way I understand it it that for drivers to achieve this via Gurtam Driver Logbook, they (drivers) would need to log in via a PC and open this PC app etc and make the appropriate changes to the logs..... Very impractical plus this would mean that business owners would need to set them up as a user also, all be it restricted....not an option.

Is anyone using a phone based app solution that connects with Wialon? Or maybe have suggestions?

This capability is mandatory for us to win this over our competitors who are able to provide this - we are the choice with the platform functionality but need this if we are to stand a chance of winning this business.

I had thought as an option (on the fly) that as the drivers work defined hours Mon-Fri to simply filter by using reports - 1 report for during these hours would be Business trip and, 2 all outside would be Private. Not very efficient as it assumes that this is correct and doesn't allow for alterations ongoing day-to-day.

Thanks.

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

Re: App for driver to log business/private trips

Hello!

You can try use GPS Tag which can send custom statuses to Wialon: driver will select Business or Personal
More information we've provided at e-mail, if you have any questions please write in e-mail

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam

chdi пишет:

Hello!

You can try use GPS Tag which can send custom statuses to Wialon: driver will select Business or Personal
More information we've provided at e-mail, if you have any questions please write in e-mail

Many thanks chdi

One of the other great support team guys suggested this also.
It was something we overlooked although we have a number of clients using GPS Tag to date, we have not utilised custom status so didn't think of this.

We will float this option with the client, however they ideally wish to use hardware to monitor and manage the vehicle, i.e. OBD is their desire.

Cheers.

Onwards and Upwards!!

The most popular driving logbook app here in germany shows all the trips and you just select a trip and check if its business, private or home to office...

very simple and easy...

Should be really implemented in Wialon Mobile App!!!!

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

The most popular driving logbook app here in germany shows all the trips and you just select a trip and check if its business, private or home to office...

very simple and easy...

Should be really implemented in Wialon Mobile App!!!!

Wolf.

I was so surprised to find that Wialon didn’t have such a common function used by our competitors! Totally agree Wialon needs to develop this.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Hi,

i'm interested at this subject. Can you please explain why do you need to track business/personal trips via Mobile/PC application instead of the gps device itself? Maybe i missed something.

BR,

Ognyan

ogich пишет:

Hi,

i'm interested at this subject. Can you please explain why do you need to track business/personal trips via Mobile/PC application instead of the gps device itself? Maybe i missed something.

BR,

Ognyan

Short of additional hardware in vehicle that can connect to the GPS device, such as ibutton for example. Drivers have no access or ability to log/register the trip as Business or Personal purpose of trip.

In Australia we have what is called Fridge Benefits Tax (FBT). Businesses can claim the business portion.

Competitors here achieve this logging of mode via an app based solution that drivers can use. Very simple and very efficient, company can easily generate the reports as needed.

Unless you have a suggestion of how to achieve the same result without need for additional hardware I see no other way other than a connected mobile app. GPS Tag and WiaTag have this ability by using Custom Statuses, but not suited for clients requiring a GPS hardware device solution that can be wired into vehicles.

Onwards and Upwards!!

FleetPursuit пишет:
ogich пишет:

Hi,

BR,

Ognyan

Short of additional hardware in vehicle that can connect to the GPS device, such as ibutton for example. Drivers have no access or ability to log/register the trip as Business or Personal purpose of trip.

In Australia we have what is called Fridge Benefits Tax (FBT). Businesses can claim the business portion.

Competitors here achieve this logging of mode via an app based solution that drivers can use. Very simple and very efficient, company can easily generate the reports as needed.

Unless you have a suggestion of how to achieve the same result without need for additional hardware I see no other way other than a connected mobile app. GPS Tag and WiaTag have this ability by using Custom Statuses, but not suited for clients requiring a GPS hardware device solution that can be wired into vehicles.

Yes, with an i-Button they cannot, except if there are 2 buttons, 1 for personal and 1 for business...

No, our solution was with additional hardware which represents a small device (~key holder size) with 2 buttons for personal and business trips and control of ignition sensor. We call this GPS Module for Trips. When the driver sits behind the steering wheel, he cannot start the engine without pressing any of the buttons. When he press for example the business trip button, he can simply start the engine. We also have report in Wialon for this, because this additional hardware is connected to one of the i/o elements of the GPS device and the status of the trip is changing every time when the driver presses one of the two buttons.

I found your subject interesting, because as you said, it saves from additional hardware.

BR,
Ognyan

App is quite common place here, easy and less complicated.

Onwards and Upwards!!

We also think this would be a great function.
Ability to change status business/Private or add command to a trip with an APP on clients smartphone. So client can change or add note while he still is in the car, and can do this directly is a great selling point!

Dennis пишет:

We also think this would be a great function.
Ability to change status business/Private or add command to a trip with an APP on clients smartphone. So client can change or add note while he still is in the car, and can do this directly is a great selling point!

Hi Dennis,

Could you also please add your comment and support to the link I added in Features Requests & Enhancements section of forum. :-)
https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=11213

thanks.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Offcourse!!

Please see this discussion.

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile