CAN BUS data based fuel monitory

(14/02/2017 15:57:38 отредактировано nasnew)

Тема: CAN BUS data based fuel monitory

Hello,

I am trying to monitor fuel using data from vehicle CAN BUS.

I am receiving CAN  fuel level information 0 when vehicle is empty and 255 when full. but the accuracy of fuel monitoring mainly filling and theft control is not good.  considering this, do you think performing calibration in steps of lets say 20 liters and getting the CAN fuel level reading and adding the calibration table in Wialon, will better the fuel measurement accuracy.

what other advises do you have for me for the betterment of fuel monitory based on data from CAN fuel level information?

Thanks in advance !!

Re: CAN BUS data based fuel monitory

nasnew Make calibration is very good idea. Without this step it will be very difficult to receive good result.
Usually the accuracy of embedded fuel level sensor isn't very good. That's why many partners install additional capacitive fuel level sensor (for example, technoton, omnicomm, RCS or analogs)

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

yavi пишет:

nasnew Make calibration is very good idea. Without this step it will be very difficult to receive good result.
Usually the accuracy of embedded fuel level sensor isn't very good. That's why many partners install additional capacitive fuel level sensor (for example, technoton, omnicomm, RCS or analogs)

I Agree, tank calibration is the only way to achieve good results, here is a comparative between different techniques 4 fuel monitoring

+ открыть спойлер

--
Spread the AVL- World

nasnew пишет:

Hello,

I am trying to monitor fuel using data from vehicle CAN BUS.

I am receiving CAN  fuel level information 0 when vehicle is empty and 255 when full. but the accuracy of fuel monitoring mainly filling and theft control is not good.  considering this, do you think performing calibration in steps of lets say 20 liters and getting the CAN fuel level reading and adding the calibration table in Wialon, will better the fuel measurement accuracy.

what other advises do you have for me for the betterment of fuel monitory based on data from CAN fuel level information?

Thanks in advance !!

Hi Bro,

Just wondering what brand/model of CAN Bus you're using?

Thanks

kabskawt What do you mean?

Cun Bus -- it's interface in the vehicle.
There are many ways to read information from CanBus.
1) Contactless readers 2) Direct connection to tracker by wires 3) OBD port reading 4) Using special CAN bus readers (like CanLog or LVcan) which is connected to can bus by wires, and transmit data to tracker.
All variants have it's advantages and disadvantages.
1) Contactless. There is no possibility to send request to CAN Bus (some parameters should be requested only).

2) Direct connection. Can be problems with warranty of vehicle. Can be problems with decoding the information

3) OBD. Not all information can be read from OBD.

4) Specisl readers. Can be problems with warranty of vehicle. Price.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

SABO ELECTRONIC TECHNOLOGY LTD
the Chinese manufacturer, focus on Speed Limiter / governor Device in China for over 10

years, for all vehicles, cars, trucks, school bus,commercial bus, taxi.etc.

our products list:
-- speed limiter / governor
-- speed limiter / governor with fleet management function
-- speed limiter / governor with print funcion

which can save fuel cost and better monitoring the fuel consumption.

if any need, please contact me

Lydia Ao
manufacturer for Speed Limiter / governor Device in China
Mobile/Whatsapp: +86 13380019419 l Skype/email: lydia@sabo-speed.com

please correct me if am wrong,I see that even for CANBus we are being advised to do tank calibration as well for better accuracy.
am i correct or wrong?

it is correct, tank calibration is good for any kind of sensor type

--
Spread the AVL- World

nasnew Hello

Please Help I have CANiQ device and how can i upload XML file to wialon unit,The same file that is uploaded in the can editor?

yavi Hello

Can You please tell me how can i upload  the same xml file in wialon cms unit that is uploaded in the can editor while configuration?.