Google Maps Access Control

Тема: Google Maps Access Control

I have enabled Google Maps on my DNS and all users have access to it. The only reason I did this was to have the option for some accounts and some users to use Google Maps for a fee. But, it seems that there no good method of activating/deactivating access to individual users.

I know that I may uncheck Google Maps check box for a user's setting and then disable their setting screen so they can not change anything. But, this is not a proper solution as the user is unable to change any of their settings.

I also do not want to create a new domain/site for certain users with or without Google Maps access.

Therefore, I like to request an enhancement to make the MAPS tab in the user Settings screen controllable by access rights. this way I may uncheck Google maps for a user and disable their access to the Maps tab only and still allow the user to change other Settings.

Re: Google Maps Access Control

Hello vatche,
Such enhancement is not possible right at the moment.
The only thing we can suggest now is to use different DNS's or different extra sites (or disable user properties as you mentioned).
However, we will take your proposal into consideration and maybe it will be implemented in some future releases.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

also we dont use Google Maps (too expensive and nobody of our customers willing to pay extra), i think enabling special maps on an account basis would be nice :-)

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

vatchewwbusch aka Buwo you can find new service in the latest Wialon version: Google service. It can be turn off for some accounts if you need.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Thanks tata. I saw it and it is great. I appreciate it.