UTM coordinates system in Wialon

Тема: UTM coordinates system in Wialon

Dear Gurtam developers

Some customers (mines, customers work in forests and deserts, customers work in non-urban environments) asked us UTM coordinate in Wialon. They need it but as they do mapping in UTM system and all their references are in this system. Would you please add this coordinates system in Wialon (Monitoring, Reports and another parts of system)?

Re: UTM coordinates system in Wialon

It's rather uncommon and specialized system. Seems, it doesn't worth efforts that are needed to implement this.

But we will back to this theme if UTM coordinates system becomes more popular and common

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata, we are receiving time to time UTM coordinate system implementation request as they are in non-urban environments. Please consider that one of popular solutions which is provided by partners is Mining Machines management and do something for that.

Hi Hamed, hhamedk
I understand the importance of this request for you and some of your end-users. But the thing is that we have not received any other requests like this one from other partners in almost four years and I just checked that we have at least 75 end-user companies that work in the mining sphere. Thus, implementation of UTM coordinates seems to be quite doubtful.

As you know, two or three years ago we have implemented MGRS coordinates, but it is not full converting of longitude/latitude coordinates to MGRS one, but rather ability to view which longitude/latitude coordinates correspond to which MGRS coordinates and that's it.

As far as I understand, you want to have the coordinates actually converted all over the platform and that's huge. That's why I think that at this moment we are not ready to start this implementation.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam