Animal tracker with satellite communication module

(15/12/2016 15:50:26 отредактировано hhamedk)

Тема: Animal tracker with satellite communication module

Dear partners

A customer asked us a device for wild animals tracking with IP67 standard (at least). as most wild environments are not under coverage of GSM network they need satellite module (Iridium). device should send location 2-4 times a day and battery should work for 2 years or more. device may equipped with internal temperature and humidity sensors (optional) as well.
Anyone knows such a device? It doesn't matter that the device is integrated with Wialon or not as we can ask Gurtam team for integration and have time for that, but in this step we should offer a device to customer asap.
I hear that an American company has a special collar for wild animals but couldn't find anything.

Re: Animal tracker with satellite communication module

Hi there

Any update?

i would start with what kind of animals you want to track.
the systems i have seen in some tv shows where super heavy big devices for lions.
i think they dont care if they have a 2KG battery pack.

i like the SPOT TRACE globalstar tracker, but if i checked their website maximum tracking time is every 60 minutes...
If its possible to change this interval to 240 minutes and you build an extra batterypack it would be the easiest solution

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

I checked in the internet and found many solutions, not huge devices, even under 300g. I'll inform you after i reach to exact decision and will share what we found in this study.

i hardly believe to a device which weights 300gramms, uses a sattellite modem, sends every few hours a message and has a standby time of 2 years.

But lets do some calculations: 2years*365days*4messagesperday= 2920 messages.
Skywave Iridium Modem consums round about 10mA/cycle at 3,6V. So for 2920 messages you need ca. 30AH battery at 3,6 Volts.
(i dont calculate the standby energy of 10uA/h for a good sleepmode)

Wolf.

(25/01/2017 11:03:06 отредактировано hhamedk)

Wolfgang, Thanks for your explanation first. I think you should check below links. problem is integration with Wialon. It's very interesting...

http://www.lotek.com/gps.htm
http://www.lotek.com/satellite.htm

Nice link and cool hardware for Lions and Giraffes ;-) i am sure they dont care the 800 gramms of weight (which is much more realistic than 300 gramms (IridiumTrackM 2D, 785 gramms)... The 500 Gramms device has a "please call us and we explain you how realistic is our standby time" marker :-))
(the 300 gramm model sends only once per day and than 6 stored messages)

But still cool hardware!

Wolf.

Wolfgang, Please check PDF flyers, there is some devices long lasting for about 700 days with 2-3 times data sending and under 300 grams. Check them in deep, they are so interesting...