Power Generator Monitoring + Fuel Sensor

Тема: Power Generator Monitoring + Fuel Sensor

Dear All

I would like to know if any of you have experience implementing a solution for the monitoring of remote power generators and fuel level in the tanks of these generators?

The application in mind is for monitoring power generators used at remote cellular towers in case of power cuts from the grid.

The fuel sensing part doesn't seem too complicated to me (provided tanks can be easily accessed and so on). However, the part where I have no clue about it is the equipment that could be used for sending the information about the generator; ON or OFF, fuel level, battery voltage. Also, another question I'm having trouble with is: how to ensure that this equipment is always powered. Would a switch that switches power between grid and generator exist? It would take power from the grid when there is power on the grid and from the generator when this one is switched ON.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best

Re: Power Generator Monitoring + Fuel Sensor

RobertoS  It's impossible to help you without detailed information about your equipment (generators).
Basic idea:
LLS (or flowmeter) is used for  fuel monitoring.
To send this data to Wailon you should use some tracker:
https://gurtam.com/en/gps-hardware
Also you can add some external sensors from the generator (for example, sensor of output voltage or any other sensor). As I wrote earlier it is important to know which exactly generator do you use. May be some of our clients has experience with such equipment.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

Hello Yavi

Thank you for your response. I currently do not have a specific example/equipment. It was more of a discussion in general terms. But I do understand that it might be complicated to cover all the different options available without having specifics.

Hello Robert,
We have level sensors which measure the fuel level in the deposit http://www.jv-technoton.com/fuel_level_sensor
The sensor is connected to a gps tracker and then the information is send to a platform. Also we programmed the gps tracker to send a message to the rele to switch on or off the pump when there is 90% or 10% of fuel in the deposit. The whole system can be monitored remotely from the platform. Everything is automatic. Our clients in Chile are using this system.
Best,

Thanks Alex

Well received your email. Answered.

If anybody else has something to input to the discussion, you are more than welcome.

Best