Creating routes according to the height of the bridges

Тема: Creating routes according to the height of the bridges

Hello all,

I've asked Gurtam Support, if they are intend to develop new functionality as calculating routes according to the height of bridges, because they are competitive companies in our country, which are giving this opportunity to their clients. Similar functionality for example is provided by Garmin navigations for trucks by the special garmin map they have. There, you can set the exact dimensions of your truck and the route will be calculating by itself knowing the height of the "incoming" bridges on the route. Just imagine how many time you can save, knowing this information at the first time, before you send a route to your driver with 4.5 meters tall truck at 3.5 meters tall bridge.
Such functionality can be added in Logistics application, Routes module or Gurtam maps.

Any thoughts or deals with such problem from anybody?

Kind Regards,

Ogi

Re: Creating routes according to the height of the bridges

First of all, we need to add this information to our maps.
The point is: where can we get such information?

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Hello,

Garmin's state is that they are not selling or revealing any kind of information about that function in their software.

Take a look at OpenRouteService.org. This OSM-based routing engine has a heavy vehicle profile, where you can specify dimension limitations (e.g., length, width, height, weight) or load characteristics (e.g., hazardous materials) of a heavy vehicle. The API is described on the wiki.

Also:
The route planner has been developed by PIE Mapping, providers of freight mapping data
http://truckanddriver.co.uk/free-truck-route-planner/

Regards,

Ogi

Thank you, ognyan.mitrinski. We'll check these sources and come back to you later.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Hello,

Is there any progress?

The truck owners in Bulgaria also use https://www.viamichelin.com/ for calculating the route. It would be very useful if Wialon have also algorithm which can calculate the total amount for the routes according to the taxes on the route, like vignettes and all other taxes.

BR, Ogi

Hello!
Calculation routing according to the height of bridges is rather difficult to implement and support. We need time to solve what can we do with it.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hello,

I am at the same positions. A lots of customer ask me for that maps options.

geri, thanks for your activity, but unfortunately I don't have good news. We hoped that Google would help us to solve this issue, but they also don't have info about bridges in their maps.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hello tata,
The idea is not only about bridges. Each navigation software (Sygic,I GO,Tom Tom,Garmin..) has a truck option. I do not know what card they use and where they get the information.But our competitors already offer this option.

Hi geri,

We are constantly monitoring the topic and solutions on the market. The best functionality at the moment is provided by Sygic, however, the map coverage that they have (at the moment) does not satisfy our needs. Sygic is aware of the problem and expects to solve it this year.

Thank you for the interest in the feature and sharing your thoughts.

Best regards,

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam