Notification for time exceeding a threshold inside a geofence

Тема: Notification for time exceeding a threshold inside a geofence

Hello Dear all

I'm new to working with Wialon, been using it for a week now. Therefore, some of the things which might be obvious can escape me for the moment. Please bear with me.

I looked through the documentation and played around on the platform to see if I could find the answer to my question but didn't find what I needed.

I have created some geofences for our fleet of trucks (garage, fuel depot, customs...). What I would like to do is create a notification alerting us if a truck has spent more than a set amount of time inside a geofence. For example, trucks shouldn't stay more than 24hrs in one of the garages. If the truck stays longer than that time in a geofence, we would like to receive a notification, ideally a repeating one (every 6 hours for example). I haven't found such a notification in the New Notification configurator. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert

Notification for time exceeding a threshold inside a geofence

Re: Notification for time exceeding a threshold inside a geofence

Hello,

What I would like to do is create a notification alerting us if a truck has spent more than a set amount of time inside a geofence. For example, trucks shouldn't stay more than 24hrs in one of the garages.

You can use standard notification with geofence control. It should be generated when the state changes and parameter "Min duration of alarm state" should be equal to 24 hours. You can use any notification action you want in this case.

ideally a repeating one (every 6 hours for example)

It can be also done, but it will be a little bit harder to setup:
* First notification (described above) should have action "Modify unit groups" activated. It should add truck to pre-created group "24 hours inside geofence".
* You should create second notification for group "24 hours inside geofence" controlling some state, that is standard for every message, e.g. it will control some parameter coming in every message. Let's say it is parameter "hdop", that usually has value in range 0-5.  Notification should be generated for every message and parameter "Min duration of alarm state" should be equal to 6 hours.
* Don't forget to create third notification for group "24 hours inside geofence", that will remove unit from the group, when truck leaves the geofence.

For more details, please, contact support@gurtam.com

@ Oleg Zharkovsky
Customer Service / Quality Control and Training
"Timely is the best. But still better late than never."