Topic: Testing: Browser Notifications in Wialon
We’d like to introduce a new enhancement in Wialon, which is already available for testing in beta-thread (dev.hosting.wialon.com). Dip into the future and try a new function before the main release.
For your prompt response to changes in the GPS tracking system we integrated browser notifications in Wialon.
When you get an online system notification your browser will offer you to allow browser notifications.
In case you block such type of notifications and later change your mind, you can allow the notifications in the browser settings. For example, in Google Chrome it can be done in the following way:
1. Click Settings > Show advanced settings.
2. In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings.
3. In the box that appears, scroll down to "Notifications" and choose one of the following:
- Allow all sites to show notifications: You'll automatically see notifications from all websites.
- Ask when a site wants to show notifications: You'll get an alert from Chrome whenever a site wants to show you notifications. This is the default setting.
- Do not allow any site to show notifications: You won't see any notifications from websites.
You can also block any sites that already have permission to send you notifications or add your site as an exception. Just click Manage exceptions.
Test and leave your feedback!