Temperature in Reports

(18/08/2016 11:25:46 отредактировано hhamedk)

Тема: Temperature in Reports

Hi Gurtam Development team

There is specific items In each Report table. Most of times customers need to track sensors values in reports beside other events. It would be good if you can add Custom Sensor column in most Report Tables. In this case we can add any sensor and put it in table. For example in Rides table there is Cargo Weight but it doesn't contain Temperature Sensor, even if you add Temperature Sensor to ridesother customer may need other sensor and they should add more and more columns. But if you can only Custom Sensor we can create what the customer need and put in in reports.
Another way is to add all types of sensors column in each table!
What you think?

Temperature in Reports

Re: Temperature in Reports

hhamedk, it doesn't work like this. The important thing is that each type of sensor has its unique calculation mechanism implemented in Wialon for this particular type of sensor. That's why we cannot add a column with just any sensor of your choice. Please, clarify your request and tell us what particular sensor you'd like to have in which particular report.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Temperature in Reports

Alek, I didn't ask you to add sensors of any kind, I asked Custom Sensor. It would be good idea to give users ability to add any custom sensor in each report. As an example it's possible to crate Temperature, Weight, Fuel Level and... sensors in as a Custom Sensor and if you put Custom Sensors in each table you will cover most sensors.
You know, you have Temperature sensor type but it's possible to create this sensor with Custom sensor type as well.
Is it clear now or need more explanation?

Temperature in Reports

hhamedk, I still don't get your idea. Temperature, fuel level, etc. are very different sensors and one column just can't calculate it all.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Temperature in Reports

(24/08/2016 09:46:21 отредактировано hhamedk)

Alek, Lets check the case with an example.

You Wrote:
Temperature, fuel level, etc. are very different sensors and one column just can't calculate it all.

There is 2 way i know to create a Temperature sensor:
1. Common way: To choose Sensor Type as Temperature  Sensor and select right Parameter (Image 01)
2. Another way: The way i explained to you, to choose Sensor Type as Custom Sensor and select right Parameter, enter Metrics as °C (Image 02)

The same way you can create most Sensors (Not all, Counter Sensors seems impossible for example)
Is it clear now?

• Temperature in Reports
  • Temperature in Reports

Temperature in Reports

hhamedk, please describe your practical need in more detail.
We can only add certain ssensors to certain reports.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Temperature in Reports

(29/08/2016 20:23:59 отредактировано hhamedk)

Alek, it doesn't seem hard work to do what i explained. But, if you insist to know what we need in a special project i will share here.
We need Temperature sensor column in Rides Table.
Again, i believe if you do what i explained in my previous posts it would be more convenient and you will cover many other partners/customers requirements that will happen in future as you will give them an ability to decide what they want to add in tables as a sensor. please read this topic from beginning again and i can explain more if you want.
The main idea is that:

There is 2 way i know to create a Temperature sensor:
1. Common way: To choose Sensor Type as Temperature  Sensor and select right Parameter (Image 01)
2. Another way: The way i explained to you, to choose Sensor Type as Custom Sensor and select right Parameter, enter Metrics as °C (Image 02)

The same way you can create most Sensors (Not all, Counter Sensors seems impossible for example)

and you can use this to provide more flexible report tables.

Temperature in Reports

Hi everyone

Is there any idea about the case i shared? Positive on Negative opinion, Feasibility points and...

Temperature in Reports

hhamedk, as I tried to tell you before, it's not possible without knowing real sensor type.
If your need is to see temperature information in reports, then create sensor of Temperature type and use it.
Don't use sensor of Custom type for this. Custom sensors are for online data only (tooltips, unit color, etc.).

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Temperature in Reports

Alek, Please read my posts carefully:

...But, if you insist to know what we need in a special project i will share here.
We need Temperature sensor column in Rides Table...

)

Temperature in Reports

hhamedk пишет:

Alek, Please read my posts carefully:

...But, if you insist to know what we need in a special project i will share here.
We need Temperature sensor column in Rides Table...

)

OK, this we can do.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Temperature in Reports

Hello,
How was this done?

Regards
Glenn

Temperature in Reports

glenn.pearson, sorry, we don't understand your question.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Temperature in Reports

Hello,
The last comment was " OK , this we can do" - I am assuming it can be done?

I need a similar report on the temperature during a trip- with a average temp- max temp and lowest temp.
I also need a chart showing the temperature, during a trip.

Regards
Glenn

Temperature in Reports

I meant that we can add Temperature columns to the table of Rides.
The feature is not yet released.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Temperature in Reports

Ok Thank you.

Temperature in Reports

Implemented.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Temperature in Reports

Hello Alek,
Thank you. Brilliant.
Just a quick queswtion.
When I add Rides Report, I get and error " Wrong data in in Table Parameters" It does it no matter what I check and uncheck.
Please can you advise.

Many thanks
Glenn

Temperature in Reports

glenn.pearson ,  you should mark begin and end geofences in the right block in Rides Report settings. It's necessary information for report construction. Please, check it. If the problem stays actual, write to support@gurtam.com

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam