Volvo FM-400 2016 TRUCK CAN BUS

Тема: Volvo FM-400 2016 TRUCK CAN BUS

Hello !

I have tried to install CAN Enabled GPS Tracker on Volvo FM-400 2016 model truck, we connected to CANH (yellow) and CANL (Green) wires and set the GPS to read FMS protocol. I am able to retrieve some information like engine speed, temperature via CAN.

My primary interest is to get Fuel Level , Fuel Consumption rate and axle weight information, but cant fetch any of these details from the CAN BUS. can you please share your experience or advise on what I should do to get the required details via CAN BUS from the specified vehicle.

Attached are the photos of the dash and the CAN wires for your reference.

Thanks !!

• Volvo FM-400 2016 TRUCK CAN BUS

(20/06/2016 16:09:45 отредактировано yavi)

Re: Volvo FM-400 2016 TRUCK CAN BUS

nasnew If you get any of parameter from  CAN bus, it means that connection is correct.
But Volvo usually encrypt the data (intresting parameters) on CAN bus. That's why you don't see it.
You should find the manufacturer of tracker (or CAN reading device) who can recognize exactly your model of vehicle.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

I am using Galileosky Tracker. I read, there can be multiple CAN Bus on a single vehicle, and there are instances I may need to connect to more than one CAN BUS to get full details.

I also read connection should be made to the FMS gateway of the vehicle rather than the CAN BUS. can this possibly be the cause.

(21/06/2016 15:25:50 отредактировано yavi)

nasnew I suggest to ask Galileo support about reading the CAN parameters exactly on your vehicle.
Also I asked Galileo represntative on our forum to look at this topic.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

Thank you yavi .

nasnew Unfortunately the vehicle producers might not include the info on Fuel Level, Fuel Consumption, axle weight into the CAN Bus of the truck or encrypt it somehow.

Moreover there might be 2 CAN Buses on a single vehicle. For the older Volvos there usually are both J1939 and J1708. For 2016 Volvo it might be 2xJ1939.
For instance GALILEOSKY trackers are able to retrieve the CAN data in J1939 or J1979 protocols. J1708 is the older protocol and it is not supported. Still we may recommend you the solution with peripheral equipment.

Please write our support. We will try to find the solution together. But still we cannot be 100% sure that we will extract Fuel level from the CAN Bus because there simply might not be that data.

Максим Ревякин,
8-800-234-51-50
http://7gis.ru/

The best solution is Mastercan Volvo Gate (V-Gate) + Galileo 2.4 Lite.

http://www.mastercan.com/en/vehicle_dat … can_v-gate

Спрашивайте про контроль топлива и CAN

Estas mal conectado, si es 2016 tiene un conector fms Cuadrado que tiene todo lo necesario para conectar el gps. normalmente esta detras del pedal del acelerador, si no lo encuentras, te puedes conectar detras del tacografo, si aun asi no encuentras nada, revisa la configuracion del gps.
tengo mas de 50 volvos conectados, y dan muy buena informacion.
estoy a tus ordenes
sds

(02/07/2016 10:50:29 отредактировано nasnew)

Thanks for your kind reply, We hesitated the poor connection and tried to find the FMS Gateway on the vehicle, and found it behind the dash of the passenger side.  we used the green and yellow wires for CAN L and CAN H respectively and the result is all the same, no fuel and axle weight related details but only wheel speed, engine hour, odometer.  you can see the FMS gateway we used attached.

But as you can see in the picture in addition to the Green and Yellow, there is Green and Orange twisted wires, which I hesitate is the J1708 line, and the fuel data may be found on it.

I appreciate if you can share with me the photo or diagram  of your wiring so that we can test it accordingly.

Looking forward !!

• Volvo FM-400 2016 TRUCK CAN BUS

Perfecto, ese es el conector FMS, normalmente tiene 5 cablesl, +, -, ignicion, y 2 de canbus
ahi tendras todo, sino obtienes datos debe estar mal configurado el dispositivo
sds

Usa el J1939 amarillo verde que ahi tenes todos los datos
sds