Radio Communication Based Tracking

Тема: Radio Communication Based Tracking

Hello,

I want to get an advise if there is any reliable long range tracking solution which can communicate tracking data over radio communication infrastructure rather than cellular network. I found this very important mainly for mission critical tracking operations and in areas with no cellular network coverage.

Looking forward !

Re: Radio Communication Based Tracking

nasnew

We received a couple of requests from Motorola and Hytera dealers.
Some radiostations have GPS sensors inside. Also it can transmit the messages via TCP protocols.
We asked them to research the possibility to transmit data from their radio base station to the internet (Wialon) but unfortunately we haven't received any functional sollution.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

We have such solution

Eduard Vald / GoGPS Service
www.gogps.eu

(11/03/2016 11:38:19 отредактировано yavi)

GoGPS  let's also discuss it in the other topic
http://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=8061&p=3

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

By the way,

there is (exept the already tested and working solution from GoGPS) also the following solution:
Hytera DMR Base-Station (costs 1600 Euro).
Hytera DMR Walkie Talkie (PD685G) with GPS as handheld or MD785G as mobile radio (both round about 600 Euro).
Than you use "Brandmeister" (russian System Software) and just build a little add on which converts data to Wialon IPS Protocol.
Voila you have your own radio based solution which easy has a radius of 50km (if you out base station on a high tower)

Wolf.
P.S. i would choose Skywave Satelite based gps tracker. It works out of the box and is used worldwide...

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

(06/05/2016 02:36:44 отредактировано GuardMagic)

nasnew пишет:

I want to get an advise if there is any reliable long range tracking solution which can communicate tracking data over radio communication infrastructure rather than cellular network. I found this very important mainly for mission critical tracking operations and in areas with no cellular network coverage.

Main problems:
- you have to "buy frequency" ;
- you have to build your infrastructure: main center + repeaters.

Very long time ago we produced such equipments (for146- 174 MHz and 403-470 MHz).

If you are interesting - write PM and I will give to you company that can help you (they produce guard and special equipments)

I think that vehicle radio GPS module will be about up to 150,-EUR

www.guardmagic.com ;
www.tankercontrol.com;

Products for vehicle and fuel monitoring

GuardMagic пишет:

I think that vehicle radio GPS module will be about up to 150,-EUR

50 eur...

Eduard Vald / GoGPS Service
www.gogps.eu

Some one did use APRS 2m band?

--
Spread the AVL- World

We manufacture a line of radio based GPS transponders that are compatible with the Gurtam Wialon platform.  Each device includes a GPS receiver and radio transceiver to transmit GPS positions to other similar transponders within radio range.  As the transmissions are direct radio-to-radio messages a cellular based network is not required, and the devices will work in any remote area where Navstar GPS signals can be received.

Any of the devices can receive messages for output to the tracking software.  Radio range varies greatly by terrain and locations of the transmitters an receivers, but is commonly about 20KM although distances of 200KM have been obtained in some special circumstances.  Any receiving device can be readily interfaced to the Internet or other IP backbone, to relay received GPS reports around the world.

Radio frequency issues can often be resolved and the transponders are available in a wide variety of frequency bands including 150MHz and 450MHz bands

For more information please contact me.

Any queclink devices are good