Safe immobilization of electric cars

Тема: Safe immobilization of electric cars

Do you know of any device that can safely do immobilization of electric cars? On a gas powered car we connect an immobilizer relay on the electric starter, but I don't know if an electric car has such a starter, and installing the relay on other parts of the car might be dangerous. Anyone tried installing immobilizers on electric cars?

Re: Safe immobilization of electric cars

Hi Friends,

We used to install relay on fuel pump electric circuit for immobilizing vehicle / restart engine. Once the command is given the relay triggers and cut off fuel supply to engine and this happens within a few seconds.

My question is in busy streets and highways its quite dangerous to stop a car thief as it poses threat not only to the thief but also to other innocent road users.

How can I do setting to stop vehicle when the vehicle speed come to zero(a stop in fuel station or roadside cafe etc.) after giving the immobilize command through wialon software. The vehicle in motion should not stop when the command is given but cannot restarted when parked or engine switched off.

Regards,
Abraham

orosgroup For example, Atrack manufacturer suggests to use relay in the starter chain.

"For safety reasons it is recommended to connect the Wireless Relay to control the starter of a vehicle. Do NOT use a Wireless Relay to control fuel pump or power train of a vehicle."

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

also: another point: if you want to send commands via Wialon you need to be sure that your hardware is ALWAYS connected to the Wialon server (so you need to send regular messages and let the hardware NOT disconnect the gprs connection. Wialon does NOT store commands and sends them via gprs if device comes back online (exept some special hardware).

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Hi Abraham.

You may implement safe vehicle immobilization with GALILEOSKY devices. You may set the trigger (for example to cut fuel supply) in certain conditions (for example parking or zero speed). Ask us how on sales@7gis.ru

Максим Ревякин,
8-800-234-51-50
http://7gis.ru/

Hi,

I have once unit GALILEO V 1.8.5 available with me. Can I configure this unit and test the immobilization function.

Abraham

We should check the possibility. Could you please write us the IMEI of the device?

Максим Ревякин,
8-800-234-51-50

IMEI 8682 0400 7544 561

Thank you Abraham.

The brand new feature of the unassisted functionality programming is available on GALILEOSKY devices produced later than May 2015. You may set the reaction of the devices on any external event in the "Programming tab" in the Configuration tool with this feature. The device that you obtain was made earlier. We would be glad to send you the new device for testing and provide you with more details. Kindly asking you to write us on sales@7gis.ru.

Максим Ревякин,
8-800-234-51-50

Most of tracker must include "Safe Inmobilization" , wich is easy to implement with devices script-ables ,

1.- set flag to '1' when command arrive
2,. speed below treshold?  (example 10km/h) AND flag = 1
3.- yes, kill oil
4.- no, go to 2

just a generic sample

--
Spread the AVL- World