26

Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

(edited by kvdm 23/01/2015 21:42:31)

Re: Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

wwbusch aka Buwo wrote:

Hi Shal,

here is a case for your debug guys :-)
Device "GORDON" = VT310, it tells for MCC=106 but that is hexadecimal.
(rest of data is also hex as i remember), so that does not work with LBS lookup...
I know that some HW sends data as HEX and some as decimal, so how Wialon handle that?

Wolf.

Hello Wolf.

LBS detector considers mcc to be a decimal value. We verified in the protocol. You are correct: VT310 sends mcc in a hexadecimal format. We will make necessary changes in the beginning of the next week. Mcc=106 will be registered as mcc=262. LBS Detector must work then.

27

Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

(edited by kvdm 23/01/2015 21:42:50)

Re: Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

vestigodata wrote:

Hello Gurtam Forum,

this is our first post :]

We are using Teltonika FM1100 with enabled parameters:
21 GSM Level
205 Cell ID
206 Area Code
241 GSM Operator code

LBS Detector says "Your working list is empty or there are no units with appropriate parameters."

Pleas explain what to do, to not have empty working list.

There are 2 issues here:

1) There is no mcc parameter which is also necessary for LBS detector. There is also no mentioning of this parameter in Teltonika manuals that we have.
2) Some of the parameters for teltonika devices are registered as paramN (param70, param71, etc.). N is the parameter ID.
LBS detector searches for parameters mnc, mcc, lac and cell_id.
That is why it is not possible to use LBS detector for Teltonika devices yet.
We will discuss this issue and think over possible variants to make LBS detector available for Teltonika devices.
We will make posts when there are any news concerning this issue.

28

Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

Re: Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

kvdm wrote:

There are 2 issues here:

1) There is no mcc parameter which is also necessary for LBS detector. There is also no mentioning of this parameter in Teltonika manuals that we have.
2) Some of the parameters for teltonika devices are registered as paramN (param70, param71, etc.). N is the parameter ID.
LBS detector searches for parameters mnc, mcc, lac and cell_id.
That is why it is not possible to use LBS detector for Teltonika devices yet.
We will discuss this issue and think over possible variants to make LBS detector available for Teltonika devices.
We will make posts when there are any news concerning this issue.

1. MCC is in GSM Operator code. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_country_code
2. As I wrote before all data for LBS are in param205, param206, param241 of Teltonika devices.

I understand that it is not easy to made LBS data detection for many AVL. Maybe You should use sensor data. Every user will be customize it for own device.
Now We detect UE roaming from GSM operator code to control roaming costs.

29

Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

Re: Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

vestigodata, as kvdm wrote we will explain the possibility to update protocol implementation and convert paramX names for associated LBS param names for LBS detection. Anyway LBS detection will work for Teltonika devices next week.

At the dark side of telematics...
30

Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

Re: Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

kvdm wrote:
wwbusch aka Buwo wrote:

Hi Shal,

here is a case for your debug guys :-)
Device "GORDON" = VT310, it tells for MCC=106 but that is hexadecimal.
(rest of data is also hex as i remember), so that does not work with LBS lookup...
I know that some HW sends data as HEX and some as decimal, so how Wialon handle that?

Wolf.

Hello Wolf.

LBS detector considers mcc to be a decimal value. We verified in the protocol. You are correct: VT310 sends mcc in a hexadecimal format. We will make necessary changes in the beginning of the next week. Mcc=106 will be registered as mcc=262. LBS Detector must work then.

Wolf.

The aforementioned changes have been done.

31

Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

(edited by wwbusch aka Buwo 26/01/2015 13:17:04)

Re: Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

Hi kvdm,

seems to be still a bit buggy ;-)

please have look, one unit is working fine, the other does not doing lookup, but in opencellid the cell is there...

Wolf.
(sorry, can not upload more than one screenshot)

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post
32

Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

Re: Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

and the cell_id from opencellid.org

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post
33

Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

Re: Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

Hello Wolf.

Wrote to you in PM.

wwbusch aka Buwo wrote:

Hi kvdm,

seems to be still a bit buggy ;-)

please have look, one unit is working fine, the other does not doing lookup, but in opencellid the cell is there...

Wolf.
(sorry, can not upload more than one screenshot)

34

Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

Re: Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

LBS parameters have been added and LBS detection have been tested successfully for Teltonika FM1200 and FM1100.
FM4100 does not send LBS parameters.
We will try to test other models in the nearest time.

shal wrote:

vestigodata, as kvdm wrote we will explain the possibility to update protocol implementation and convert paramX names for associated LBS param names for LBS detection. Anyway LBS detection will work for Teltonika devices next week.

35

Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

Re: Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

LBS parameters have been added for FM5300

kvdm wrote:

LBS parameters have been added and LBS detection have been tested successfully for Teltonika FM1200 and FM1100.
FM4100 does not send LBS parameters.
We will try to test other models in the nearest time.

shal wrote:

vestigodata, as kvdm wrote we will explain the possibility to update protocol implementation and convert paramX names for associated LBS param names for LBS detection. Anyway LBS detection will work for Teltonika devices next week.

36

Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

Re: Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

Hi guys one of our client is looking for a tracking solution where there is no gsm & internet . He is looking forward to track 80 vehicles with a kind of RFID or any other solution , any suggestions please advise. The tracking area is around 10 km.

Thx
srini

37

Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

Re: Using OpenCellID Database for Position Lookup if no GPS Avaiable

Srini, depends a bit, if you have somehow internet in that region to send collected data to Wialon.
Ask Eduard Vald from gogps about his VHF GPS Tracker solution. Its a VHF Radio with GPS and a Receiver which is connected to a internet-connected pc which sends data to Wialon.
I would set the Basestation in the middle of the 10km region and connect it via a Satellite connection to Wialon. That works worldwide and the data traffic is not too much.

Alternative you can use of cause satelite based gps trackers (but you will have costs of 40-50 usd per month per unit)

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post