CANbus connection on Mercedes Actros MP2/3

Тема: CANbus connection on Mercedes Actros MP2/3

Greetings people! smile

I hope this topic is in the right sub-forum.

Does anyone here have experience with CANbus/FMS/OBD connection on trucks?
Specifically, I am having difficulty getting data fom Mercedes Actros MP3 and MP2, with Ruptela FM-Pro4.

When connecting the device to CAN wires (tried on Z3 connector and X5), no data gets through. In raw messages you can see parameters with zero values. Tried multiple configurations and using CAN adapters. Nothing helps. Seems to me additional knowledge is required regarding this technology, but a lot of people in the GPS tracking business don't really know much, I guess because CANbus is not always reliable in terms of accuracy of data, kind of a gray area.

I would love to hear your opinions on this.

Thanks in advance! Cheers

(30/03/2016 15:45:03 отредактировано mojtabajml)

Re: CANbus connection on Mercedes Actros MP2/3

In configuration software set can-bus as an active mode, In Actros you can not get more than 3 or 4 data value just RPM and temperature and maybe Fuel level because fm-tco4 just support FMS protocol, it's better to use Fm-tco4 for Mercedes Benz because this device support lots of protocols specially Mercedes Benz protocols.

all gps tracking devices can read valuable parameters in actros ONLY if FMS was activated from mercedes service point!

(and we tested it with ALL european HW manufactors)

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Always check the program’s user manual, online help, or support section of the vendor’s Web site for specific information on interfacing with a GPS receiver.

GPS tracker manufacturer, Smart Car Device. http://www.jimilab.com/

Hello Friends,

I am trying to install Ruptela Pro4 in Mercedes Actros 2014 model with CANBus connection of the vehicle, but I am getting multiple K-line points from the truck Canbus, please any one guide me which K-Line should be connected for getting the Fuel readings from the vehicle.
Thanks...

Mercedes Benz has special protocol and does not support FMS!
FM-pro4 can't read CAN-BUS data from Mercedes trucks and you have to use FM-tco4.

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

all gps tracking devices can read valuable parameters in actros ONLY if FMS was activated from mercedes service point!

(and we tested it with ALL european HW manufactors)

Wolf.

Not really. Some external can readers can read data without FMS gate activating. Ussual  we use can-log for that. I think it's poland manufacturer, but  don't know them web site.

Хайруллин Шамиль
ООО "Смарт-сервис"
Самарская область
smrservice.ru

But the easyest way - it's FMS gate activaton from dealer, and you can use any tracker, that support FMS.

Хайруллин Шамиль
ООО "Смарт-сервис"
Самарская область
smrservice.ru

(03/04/2016 08:41:09 отредактировано arman92)

Hello, We discussed enabling FMS protocol to the dealer, and they said they can do it for us.

But we were wondering what would be the baudrate of the CAN? I think it should remain as 500kbs, right?
And does the previous proprietary protocol of Mercedes remain in the same CAN? (Since I believe that Mercedes Axors have only one CAN bus)

Poddias,

of cause we tested can-log... sometimes it works, sometimes not. totaly dependend of configuration of truck.

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

(04/04/2016 09:48:31 отредактировано arman92)

Does anyone know how we can enable FMS with a diagnosis device "Actia SDConnect", because we didn't see any option for enabling FMS for "Mercedes Axor"

Should we use another diagnosis device?