Ignition On/Off for CalAmp

Тема: Ignition On/Off for CalAmp

Hi,

We are new to Wialon Hosting and still working our way through learning how to get the best out of the platform.

I am having difficulty with selecting the correct setup in order to monitor when the Vehicle Ignition is On or Off.

Tried to set this up under unit properties and tried multiple "Parameter" options

- Selected Sensors "New Sensor "
- Selected "Engine Ignition Sensor"
- Selected Metrics  "On/Off"
- Selected Parameter - tried a lot but not sure which is correct one....

Unfortunately we cannot work out the correct "Parameter" option for it to work as it should, we have tried our best with understanding the docs available but no success.

We are using a CalAmp LMU-720 with Ignition sensor enabled.

Is anyone able to assist me with my problem please? Many thanks in advance.

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

Re: Ignition On/Off for CalAmp

Hello FleetPursuit

most calamp devices maps  it's Ignition line to input 0, in fact my calamp devices are  configured like this, please try it !

cheers !

--
Spread the AVL- World

Thanks but I cannot see that parameter listed - closest is "in" as per the attached picture.

• Ignition On/Off for CalAmp
Onwards and Upwards!!

FleetPursuit 

Good day!

in Wialon digital parameters begin with in1, so normally in0 corresponds to in1 in parameters. Just turn on and turn off the ignition and see which parameters changes in I/O section in Messages (hex values must be converted into binary). Yes, for Calamp by default it must be in1.

In the mentioned on the screenshot list parameters from the last message only are listed, sometimes you have to look through Messages and enter those parameters manually.

Business Development Manager
Gurtam

Thanks Poal, I will work my way through each over the coming weeks and try and find the correct one.
Cheers, Alan.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Hi poal, That might be the one, I tried in1 on one of our moving vehicles and it showed on then when they stopped here at the office with ignition off that's what it showed with the icon.

I will try with the other vehicles and monitor all tomorrow to confirm, fingers crossed. Will this also allow for the engine hours to work in the general tab settings now also?

Many thanks, lets hope this is the resolve.

Onwards and Upwards!!

FleetPursuit пишет:

Will this also allow for the engine hours to work in the general tab settings now also?

Many thanks, lets hope this is the resolve.

yes, engine hours may be counted with the engine ignition sensor

Gurtam

Hi poal,

It appears that we may have the resolve we needed. All looks like it is indicating correctly - will monitor the engine hours counter to ensure this works also.

Another question that I noted is that with some of the vehicles the Motion status shows incorrectly. It shows it as "moving" while it has actually been parked, in this case 30 minutes, although the Ignition Status shows as off which is correct. Attached shows what I mean.

Is this a device issue or a setting we need to adjust within the Wialon Hosting platform?

We have the Trip Detection set as GPS Speed and minimum speed at 5km.

Many thanks!

Onwards and Upwards!!

Trip detector is just used to separate fake trips from real ones in reports, in the tooltip of the Monitoring tab only the speed in the last message is taken into account. Well in your case this is 1km/h and it comes out within the device, sometimes they send wrong speed like 1-3km/h when stationary as well as some fake coordinates around the real place. The only way reliable to solve this is to contact the manufacturer and ask how to solve it - probably they will give you a new firmware or some hints on how to install gps-antenna properly.

Gurtam

Thanks poal,

How does something like this affect the "engine hours" when client is using to report on usage or Idle times?

I will also contact our CalAmp suppliers and see what they have to say. :-)

cheers,
Alan.

Onwards and Upwards!!

FleetPursuit

well speed value doesn't affect engine hours in reports at all, however  to make the report more reliable i'd recommend you to combine engine ignition and RPM parameters into one sensor to get the real engine hours, but even engine ignition only would be enough in most cases i think.

Gurtam

Many thanks for the advice poal. have a good week and I have appreciated all your assistance. cheers Alan.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Hello,
I am new to wialon platform and we are using Castel MPIP 618, I am facing this problem of setting ignition sensor,
Has anybody here configured it before, if so please share the right parameter to pick for that
Best regards,

moussa.koumni пишет:

Hello,
I am new to wialon platform and we are using Castel MPIP 618, I am facing this problem of setting ignition sensor,
Has anybody here configured it before, if so please share the right parameter to pick for that
Best regards,

We don't use their devices but this might assist you.

When you create the sensor, you will see a dropdown box with a list of parameters (image is of a different device), you may be able to marry this up with what is shown by manufacturer under "Parameters" information listed with the device listing in Gurtam - https://gurtam.com/en/gps-hardware/auto … parameters

In some case it will depend on installation also but ignition sense should be the same always if correctly installed.

Alternatively you can trial and error some or ask the manufacturer as they should know.

Hope this helps!

Onwards and Upwards!!

FleetPursuit пишет:
moussa.koumni пишет:

Hello,
Best regards,

When you create the sensor, you will see a dropdown box with a list of parameters (image is of a different device), you may be able to marry this up with what is shown by manufacturer under "Parameters" information listed with the device listing in Gurtam - https://gurtam.com/en/gps-hardware/auto … parameters

In some case it will depend on installation also but ignition sense should be the same always if correctly installed.

Alternatively you can trial and error some or ask the manufacturer as they should know.

Hope this helps!

After checking some parameters, I noticed that vst1 comes with value 8 when the ignition is ON and varies above that value when it's OFF, so I created this calculation table,it's working now, thanks anyway

moussa.koumni пишет:
FleetPursuit пишет:
moussa.koumni пишет:

Hello,
Best regards,

Hope this helps!

After checking some parameters, I noticed that vst1 comes with value 8 when the ignition is ON and varies above that value when it's OFF, so I created this calculation table,it's working now, thanks anyway

Glad to hear, it can be tricky sometimes.

Onwards and Upwards!!

You can use ignition sensor without connecting ignition input.
You can use voltage parameter and then calculation table.
Because when a car engine get to work voltage get higher, for example if a car  is "off" voltage is ~ 12.5V, when you start the car Voltage value is ~14.2V.

So if you want to calculate the correct engine hours, you have to create e sensor that calculate the car voltage.
Here are the steps

1 Unit properties
2 Add new sensor
3 Sensor type engine ignition sensor
4 metric on /off
5 parameter pwr_ext for Teltonika Devices. I think its the same for other devices. Otherwise search for parameter that provide you values ~12573 (12.57V)
6 Calculation table:
  a ADD and type
X 0 a 0 Y 0
  ADD again
X 13.5   a 0     Y 1

that mean if voltage get  >13.5 then we get value 1, that mean ON

in that way you have the correct engine hours. Because some times some vehicles might have the ignition on but engine off, because drives need to listen to radio or for plenty other reasons.

Hi,

I had the same problem but with other devices. What I realize is that sometimes the needed parameter doesn’t appear as you would think. Try this, in the parameters you can watch on real time. Try turning on and off the vehicle, if you have the ignition parameter config you would have to see a change in a parameter that is display.

Hope to be helpfull.

Please map it to input 1 for example and it will work