How to show only several vehicles on map

Тема: How to show only several vehicles on map

Hello, I have been checking the tracking application of wialon. Really userful ! the issue is, in case you have multiple vehicles displayed under monitoring on map the map will get congested and it comes a bit difficult to trace the track history. so I recommend or would like to know if it is possible to only show the vehicle which the track history is displayed on the map and hide other vehicles.

I tried to make the monitoring layer inactive but doing this  will also make the vehicle under track concern hidden from the map. I appreciate your kind consideration for a little bit tweaking.

Thanks !

(01/12/2015 12:01:01 отредактировано smal)

Re: How to show only several vehicles on map

Hi nasnew!

I assume, you are talking about Wialon Mobile app. If that is so, you can select the units which you want to see on the map in the app.

1. Go to "Units" section, click on the "Eye" button (Image 1).
2. In the "Choose units" section, leave the boxes checked only for the required units, click on the "Map" button (Image 2).
3. On the map, you will only see the selected units (Image 3).

If you want to see the required units in Wialon Hosting in browser, simply leave the necessary boxes checked in the first column of the Monitoring panel (Image 4).

In case you need further clarifications, please send an email to training@gurtam.com.

• How to show only several vehicles on map
Alexander Smirnov
Business Development
a.smirnov@gurtam.com
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

Hello, thanks for your reply. I am actually observing the case both on mobile and Computer. So to confirm if I understand well, the solution is to uncheck the check box in front of the vehicle list, and check the one in concern only ?If so  Is there no way we can do this automatically with out doing this manually, it would be very convenient to our users.

Thanks !

(01/12/2015 13:32:58 отредактировано smal)

nasnew,

Well, it depends on what you actually want for your users.

1. In Wialon Hosting (browser), Monitoring panel shows the units that you want to see and add.

For automatic work list update, you can set "Data accuracy" period (e.g. last half an hour) in the Monitoring panel (see image).
You can do it only for the work list or for work list + map.
And in this case the Monitoring work list + map (as well as some other services, such as Notifications) will only show the units that were sending data in the last half an hour.
But the map will still show the unit(s) with the checked boxes, as explained above.

2. In the mobile app, the list contains all the units available to the user, not the units from the monitoring panel of the browser interface. So, the user is free to choose which unit(s) to observe by checking the box(es).

Hope this will help.

Alexander Smirnov
Business Development
a.smirnov@gurtam.com
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."