Logistics

(15/03/2016 14:13:19 отредактировано shmi)

Тема: Logistics

Try our new app — Logistics!

This is a simple logistic solution, which allows you to create or import orders, then distribute them among vehicles in the most rational way and, finally, track routes online as well as generate reports upon their fulfillment.

Logistics consists of two applications — web and mobile.

The web application is for operators (dispatchers). It's available on apps.wialon.com and can be added to your service in the usual manner. Besides, there's a separate point of entry on logistics.wialon.com

Mobile application is an addition to the web application. It's aimed to drivers and couriers. Android (released) and iOS (coming soon) platforms are supported. 

Google Play
Documentation
Blog

Logistics

Re: Logistics

Is there a full user manual available?

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

Logistics

Found it, your docs link is incorrect. :-)

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

FleetPursuit пишет:

Found it, your docs link is incorrect. :-)

Updated, thanks)

Logistics

(16/03/2016 02:25:35 отредактировано FleetPursuit)

No worries shmi, will be having a good look at this over the coming weeks particularly the mobile/tablet app as I have a great client this may be ideal for. Currently are using GPS Tag for all their subcontractors so as to track their deliveries.

Does this App, or can this App be used to maybe replace the GPS Tag?

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

NO, Wialon Logistic IS NOT a gps tracker.

If you not want to sell real HW for each vehicle, you need to install / use both gpstag and wialon logistics on one device.

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Logistics

Don't be so brutal, Wolf

We're planning to add tracker functionality to logistics app in future

Logistics

You are right shmi, i am sometimes to direct ;-)

I thought long about this and why there is no tracker inside and why i need to connect a driver to an vehicle etc.

But i think the way it is organised now by Wialon is perfect:

1.) Its a logistic application for logistic operations --> use it for transport vehicle and or cars.
2.) gps tracking on simple smartphone uses a lot of energy if you want to have exact tracking. Wialon logistics app does not use huge amount of power and can be used just as a nornal app
3.) our experience with "give employe a smartphone to track him" resulted in "ohh we can block gpstag from receiving location data just by a click" and "ohh sorry i deleted the app" and installation of task managers etc. Thats why all of our customers do use HW in the car which can not be easy interupted in working ;-)
4.) from sales point of view i still believe that its easier to sell additional hardware if no gps tracking in app.

Wolf.
p.s. missing you at the cebit!

Logistics

Hi Wolf,

Thanks for the confirmation re GPS Tag & Logistics Apps. My reason for asking this is that the Wialon hosting will not allow us to use the same mobile phone number:

"Error: 'Item with such unique property (phone number, name or UID) already exists.'."

So based on this fact, using the practicality of the same mobile for both GPS Tag and complimented with the added benefit of Logistics is not possible - or are we doing something incorrect?

Ideally we would prefer to sell the client hardware given the obvious benefits and extra profit for us :-) it is not practical for our client as the vehicles are not theirs and do not wish to force their subcontractors to purchase additional hardware. Some of them have though as they are looking at all their fleet not just the 1 truck used for the client contract.

These subcontractors will be delivering goods using their trucks not the client's - client needs to track/report on late & on time deliveries. Vested interest for subcontractors to ensure App is on, it will be password protected and set to come on/off at specified times so driver does not need to touch. Additionally our client has mandated this App use throughout the country - subcontractor fails then they lose the contract, simple. Subcontractors have choice of either using App or purchasing hardware.

We won this contract only because we could provide a flexible and cost effective solution while other companies could not.

Regarding the Logistics App we have not yet mentioned to them but see the additional benefit and potential to use both and further cement our contract.

Alan.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

Hi Alan,

i think you do something wrong...

For Wialon Logistics you need to create a DRIVER with phonenumber and key=the password you later enter in the Wialon Logistics.
So having the Phonenumber as phonenumber of a UNIT and of a DRIVER should be possible!

And dont forgett to BIND the Driver to a UNIT, otherwise you will get (now) a error message!

Wolf.

Logistics

Hi Wolf,

Yes we created the driver with the phone number and key and bound to GPS Tag unit.

When we first did this we already had a GPS Tag set up in the system for the same mobile phone number. It wouldn't allow: "Error: 'Item with such unique property (phone number, name or UID) already exists.'."

We went in and changed the GPS Tag mobile number just so that we could use the Driver one in order to review Logistics App.

Later we thought we'd correct the mobile number GPS Tag is associated with so as to review as a whole solution as it should be, however - "Error: 'Item with such unique property (phone number, name or UID) already exists.'."

I have attached a couple of screenshots.

• Logistics
  • Logistics
  • Logistics
Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

FleetPursuit
Phone is unique parameter for all Wialon items
Try to leave phone in unit setting empty and set it only for driver

Logistics

Yes I have done this as a temp work around, but how will this ultimately effect GPS Tag?

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

good to know that!

Logistics

When will this great app be available for iOS?

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

FleetPursuit пишет:

Now the application to review. Next week should appear in App Store.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

What address data is used when app generates Route (or tries to generate)?
My routes are mainly straight lines. I can generate the same route normally on Tools->Routing.
What could I be missing...

Logistics

That will be great, looking to trial with a couple of clients! Feedback from a couple of our clients was good, only thing they suggested as a need was more than just "today & tomorrow" - needs a minimum of a week for ideal planning. Potentially puts too much restrictions on staff by constantly having to do daily when they know deliveries a week ahead.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

n.sehictz,

We look at this as a day to day ever changing delivery function, normally we see Routes  as a standard daily or regular run that may occasionally change. Routes function is great for this but Logistics is great for the changing delivery required and allows for driver to provide direct interaction and instant status updates via the driver phone app.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

FleetPursuit пишет:

Now app available for iOS users https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wialon- … 1&mt=8

Mobile Development
Gurtam

Logistics

kopa пишет:
FleetPursuit пишет:

Now app available for iOS users https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wialon- … 1&mt=8

Great, we will download the iOS App and check it out. We provided access for a client and they thought the Logistics app was great except ideally like to be able to set beyond only today and tomorrow.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

yeah, we also would like to set different dates (and also check/organize different dates).

today/tomorrow is not flexible enough

Wolf --> going to play with german version on IOS hihi

Logistics

Yes Wolf, exactly what our clients said.

They further advise that the use of "today" would not happen because they have the delivery drivers runs/data prepared and ready the day before as their drivers start very early in the morning prior to office opening. Delivery drivers have their trucks loaded on the morning based on the list provided by dispatch from the day before (or maybe days or week before).

Once driver had left warehouse nothing can be added to his deliveries.

Although they did "love" the Logistics App they will hold off its use until dates are flexible, which is unfortunate.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

Hi,

Need a bit of help, clarification regarding importing orders.

We created a "test" list of orders, with Address (not coordinates), Order, Client, Time from, Time to and Comments - imported this and the list and correct locations were shown.

Set columns as required in Logistics - Address first.

Selected Save - and had a "pop-up" saying total number incorrect, in this case "All of them" then created an incorrect csv file to be saved.

Tried removing columns and adding deleting data all came back incorrect. Have attached a screenshot and csv.

What are we missing - we have done as we thought was correct as per documentation....

Cheers,
Alan.

• Logistics
Опубликовать вложения

Иконка вложений Incorrect__orders __14_43.csv 544 b, файл был скачан 1059 раз(а) 

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

FleetPursuit
Time from/Time to should be full date (e.g 03-23-2016 8:00), format can can be set in settings

FleetPursuit, wwbusch aka Buwo
Creating orders on an arbitrary date will be available soon

Logistics

Thanks shmi,

We did that and matched the format in the settings. Uploaded and nothing showed as an error to indicate it didn't work.

After saving it took us to the Order screen. We then selected the Planning but orders are not there, checked all options 2hr, today, tomorrow (imported for tomorrow) and other...none of these orders to could be found?

• Logistics
Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

Found the among the other Test orders. The system changed the date to 01 (January) when it was imported as 03 (March)?

• Logistics
Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

FleetPursuit
Check date format in settings or make screenshot of it please

Logistics

All set and formatted the same, csv and Logistics settings match as per images. Deleted and redid it again and it again changed date to 01 - January.

• Logistics
  • Logistics
  • Logistics
Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

FleetPursuit
Please note that you use 'mm' both for months and minutes, its incorrect.
Right date format is dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm, you always can check it in user settings in Wialon Hosting

Logistics

Thank you very much for the clarification and fix shmi, it had to be something logical - we just couldn't see it.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

Cannot really resolve the caution:

Choose columns with addresses or coordinates first.

In .csv file, the aadress is set to first column.

Logistics

TrackerGuy19 пишет:

Cannot really resolve the caution:
Choose columns with addresses or coordinates first.

In .csv file, the aadress is set to first column.

App want to know where address is.
If it's in first the first column - select "Address" in first columns selector in the very top

Logistics

We had same then just changed our csv layout to make it easier - after importing csv click ok when it comes up then look above your list at the top in Logistics app it is here that you set the fields. That's what we did, asside from our time/date issue worked fine.

Alan.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

shmi пишет:

App want to know where address is.
If it's in first the first column - select "Address" in first columns selector in the very top

Thank you, found the solutions myself though.
Whole import works like a charm now, but import does not recognize umlauts. Is it bound to encoding ?

Logistics

(23/03/2016 14:04:43 отредактировано shmi)

TrackerGuy19 пишет:

Thank you, found the solutions myself though.
Whole import works like a charm now, but import does not recognize umlauts. Is it bound to encoding ?

We recommend with utf8 or cp125*
If you provide sample file - we'll test it

Logistics

Guys,

after testing with some real configuration and 4 end user devices (2 x Android, 2 x IOS) we managed to crash everything.
So weather IOS nor Android App is starting correct and or working...

It seems that after accepting a new order on mobile device the problems starts. Even if i re-download the apps it crashes during login.

We used 2 different "drivers" for it, each driver on  on both OS.

Anybody else doing some larger tests of the mobile app?

Wolf.

Logistics

shmi,

We are not able to generate reports. Had field tested today with several orders now completed.

Looked to see how the reports operate - selected "unit" and interval  "today" then execute -> "There are no items" pops up....?

Alan.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

wwbusch aka Buwo
Wolf, we'll check it and fix asap
Can you tell us more about this crashes? You've got same picture on all devices:
- login
- get orders, everything is ok
- shutdown app
- app never starts again

Am I right?

FleetPursuit
There's little trick with reports now.
For now you can get report date only when order "Moved to history" - it can be done automatically (24 hours after order completed) or manually (select fulfilled route and press "Move to history").

New reports system will be available soon

Logistics

Thanks shmi, that worked fine.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

Shmi,

well, we managed to crash both versions.
I am not sure, when it comes exactly, but the first crash is always after i send a new order to the driver and he clicks to accept. than it crashes and wount start again (ios)
On Android its just showing the round circle and says wait... than a "application halted" messages come.
Same problem: only after i accepted a new order.

just ping me in skype if i need to test something.
For android i can download everything, for IOS you should register my device at apple for debugging.

Wolf,

Logistics

(24/03/2016 23:59:02 отредактировано CarCops Autovalve)

Hello Partners

Here are some client’s recommendations for improving Wialon Logistics

1. Is it drop or pickup – that would clarify it for the driver if that information is displayed with every order
2. Under every truck insert the quadrat meters and under order how much every order takes room, so it will be showed after every order how much space there is available on that truck. That will make shore that truck is not overloaded with orders and logistic personal will be notified accordingly.
3.  Orders should be numbered based when they need to drop off so that order that needs to be delivered to first client wound be loaded to the truck first but last.
4. Is it ADR or temperature sensitive cargo so they wound end up in same truck.
5. For a milk pickup ring to insert how big is tank so if orders exceeds the tank capacity then logistic personal will be notified accordingly
6. For diesel delivery ring insert the tank size, so if order exceeds tank capacity then logistic personal can use odder truck for some clients.
7.  Digital signature option on delivery so whole delivery process can be paper free. More info here www.profittools.net/pod-digital-signature-capture
8. You have orders and import orders, but missing order history.  You should be able to see order history and pick for example yesterday’s order for client X. Click on it and make dublicate. Now just change the date and woala you have new order with seconds.
Currently very time consuming to enter every day the same order again and again and again
9. If you have filled up order form for client X and now writing same client X the system should offer to fill order form based on last order made to client X. System fills all the fields and you need to change the date and again you have new order with seconds
10. Maybe even have option to enter all your clients database so next time making order you need to type in few letters and system offers fill up order form.
All partners please add your customer’s feedbacks here regarding Wialon Logistics so Gurtam  can improve it for our customers.

Logistics

CarCops, good enhancements!

Logistics

+ When we plan the route it shows the estimates milage , but sometime the drivers take different routes due to road construction work / traffic etc.is there a way that Wialon logistics can indicate actual mileage as well in reports ?

+ how to plan couple of orders (maybe on same route) without returning to Warehouse something like
1.Warehouse - Pickup goods
2.Customer A - Deliver
3.Customer B - Pickup
4.Customer C - Deliver
5 Warehouse - return to warehouse.

Send notification to Customer  ( recipient)

+ Send SMS / Email to customer once the order is dispatched and Send a  to link to the customer to monitor the delivery vehicle , and disable it once the delivery is completed. ( something like Wialon Locator)
+ Notify via SMS / email when the delivery truck is in 10-5Km radius from the delivery location ( so customer can be ready to receive)
+ Notify the customer  ( SMS / Email ) once the order is delivered and accepted. or if there was any issue with the shipment(Damaged etc)

Sint

Logistics

Agree with Bush ,

We were never successful with smartphone tracking ( as well as Mobile tracking devices) , Hardwired HW trackers is the way to go.

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

You are right shmi, i am sometimes to direct ;-)

I thought long about this and why there is no tracker inside and why i need to connect a driver to an vehicle etc.

But i think the way it is organised now by Wialon is perfect:

1.) Its a logistic application for logistic operations --> use it for transport vehicle and or cars.
2.) gps tracking on simple smartphone uses a lot of energy if you want to have exact tracking. Wialon logistics app does not use huge amount of power and can be used just as a nornal app
3.) our experience with "give employe a smartphone to track him" resulted in "ohh we can block gpstag from receiving location data just by a click" and "ohh sorry i deleted the app" and installation of task managers etc. Thats why all of our customers do use HW in the car which can not be easy interupted in working ;-)
4.) from sales point of view i still believe that its easier to sell additional hardware if no gps tracking in app.

Wolf.
p.s. missing you at the cebit!

Sint

Logistics

ysv пишет:

+ When we plan the route it shows the estimates milage , but sometime the drivers take different routes due to road construction work / traffic etc.is there a way that Wialon logistics can indicate actual mileage as well in reports ?

+ how to plan couple of orders (maybe on same route) without returning to Warehouse something like
1.Warehouse - Pickup goods
2.Customer A - Deliver
3.Customer B - Pickup
4.Customer C - Deliver
5 Warehouse - return to warehouse.

Send notification to Customer  ( recipient)

+ Send SMS / Email to customer once the order is dispatched and Send a  to link to the customer to monitor the delivery vehicle , and disable it once the delivery is completed. ( something like Wialon Locator)
+ Notify via SMS / email when the delivery truck is in 10-5Km radius from the delivery location ( so customer can be ready to receive)
+ Notify the customer  ( SMS / Email ) once the order is delivered and accepted. or if there was any issue with the shipment(Damaged etc)

#

Very good ideas, than you can use it for any kind of postal / parcel delivery service out of the box!
The only thing would be: how to create / enhance such a system in a way, that it is flexible to use also for other purposes...
It must be something like a clickable logic generator ;-)) that would be a dream.

Wolf.

Logistics

Hey Wolf & shmi,

We find and see a great solutuion that our clients can benefit from. How great would it be if the driver could simply select the next order after delivering the previous one then have the phone navigate him to the location! Now that would be awesome! ;-)

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

(31/03/2016 09:58:40 отредактировано shmi)

FleetPursuit
Such feature already available, at least in Android app. Use long tap on marker will open dialog with list of installed navigation apps.

Logistics

Step by Step together we will create the ultimative GGD App (Gurtam Genius Department App)...

We only must USE it, TEST it and SELL more units :-))

Wolf.

Logistics

shmi пишет:

FleetPursuit
Such feature already available, at least in Android app. Use long tap on marker will open dialog with list of installed navigation apps.

Thanks shmi, checked it our today and it works a treat.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

HI

So Wialon logistics mobile app for android is not working for a few days now .How should we offer it to clients if this is the future?

Br

Logistics

(01/04/2016 16:36:50 отредактировано mapl)

aahero can you please send us an e-mail to support@gurtam.com with the details about your case?

Logistics

(01/04/2016 16:41:09 отредактировано aahero)

mapl пишет:

aahero can you please send us an e-mail to support@gurtam.com with the details about your case?

I did two days ago!I was answered to wait.Sorry it was three days ago

Logistics

mapl пишет:

"Hello,

We've checked on both platforms and got next results:
iOS - all working properly;
android - the list of orders not loading, passed to the developers.
When the issue will be fixed we'll notify you additionally.
Specify if you have other questions or maybe you have issue with iOS platform (version)?"

Logistics

aahero,

the whole system is just 2 weeks old and was shown at CEBIT first time.
Since this two weeks people are trying and testing in REAL LIFE conditions... so do testing by yourself, write error messages to support, give it a day and have please in mind that bug fixing (sending new apps to google and appl) also need some time!

So if you want fast results --> help with debugging and together we get the perfect App / Logistic system!

Wolf.
(waiting for the IOS update)

Logistics

We've updated Logistic to v1.2.0

- Now you can create orders on any date (not only today and tomorrow)
- Estonian, Bosnian and French translations added
- Minor issues fixed

Logistics

shmi пишет:

- Minor issues fixed

Great work guys!

We have a large client keenly interested in this app and are meeting with them tomorrow - this update will assist greatly.

Cheers.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

shmi пишет:

- Minor issues fixed

Ma android mobile app still not working?

Logistics

Hi everyone

We added new service for automation orders creation.
With it you can send file with orders from any ERP or server, all orders will be created automatically and ready for use in Logistics app
Read more in service documentation

Logistics

Hello Gurtam

Here are some client’s recommendations for improving Wialon Logistics

1. Is it drop or pickup – that would clarify it for the driver if that information is displayed with every order
2. Under every truck insert the quadrat meters and under order how much every order takes room, so it will be showed after every order how much space there is available on that truck. That will make shore that truck is not overloaded with orders and logistic personal will be notified accordingly.
3.  Orders should be numbered based when they need to drop off so that order that needs to be delivered to first client wound be loaded to the truck first but last.
4. Is it ADR or temperature sensitive cargo so they wound end up in same truck.
5. For a milk pickup ring to insert how big is tank so if orders exceeds the tank capacity then logistic personal will be notified accordingly
6. For diesel delivery ring insert the tank size, so if order exceeds tank capacity then logistic personal can use odder truck for some clients.
7.  Digital signature option on delivery so whole delivery process can be paper free. More info here www.profittools.net/pod-digital-signature-capture
8. You have orders and import orders, but missing order history.  You should be able to see order history and pick for example yesterday’s order for client X. Click on it and make dublicate. Now just change the date and woala you have new order with seconds.
Currently very time consuming to enter every day the same order again and again and again
9. If you have filled up order form for client X and now writing same client X the system should offer to fill order form based on last order made to client X. System fills all the fields and you need to change the date and again you have new order with seconds
10. Maybe even have option to enter all your clients database so next time making order you need to type in few letters and system offers fill up order form.
11. Automatically send orders on your platform through Logistics API. Client can integrate his Website or APP with the Logistics API. Example here www.getswift.co
12. If client inserts 50 aadresses and selects 5 trucks for that job, then system should offer 5 optimized routs.

Meeting with client today and here is what they sead was missing:
1. They have 50 stores to supply, but dont want to hassel with excel every day. Want simply upload 50 stores one time and every morning pick stores from existing list (same as in Planning we can pick the uploaded orders)
2. Need to add orders to existing Routes that are Active
3. If some delivery point is missed client needs e-mail notification.

All partners please add your customer’s feedbacks here regarding Wialon Logistics so Gurtam  can improve it for our customers.

Logistics

Dear,

I share your suggestions, I would add a couple of things:

We have customers who are currently working with other solutions for order management, in your experience, have some recommendations to improve logistics wialon and add to the suggestions already mentioned:

Most systems allocate orders to the units manually, but also automatically performed, based on certain variables, such as load capacity, optimum availability of carguío (in the case of vehicles equipped with refrigerator vehicles, assigned in temperature optima for charging) or the unit is next to a warehouse or in this located within it, thus avoiding assign an order to a unit that does not have the requirements to transport the order or does not have the capacity to distribute such order volume.

Taking into account the order of delivery orders, the system must be able to organize the way they will be loaded onto a vehicle, according to the delivery sequence, so that is coded flags that indicate that the first order to be delivered , will be the last to be loaded into the vehicle and last order will be the first to be charged. This is to facilitate the unloading and delivery of the order.

In addition the system is capable of measuring the cost of each delivery of your order.
Based on cost vs fuel mileage, and that the same is reflected in the system and reports.

Dynamic search engine to search for units, orders and customers.
Ability to add custom fields.

As the mobile app support is important to have the digital signature section or ability to scan QR codes or barcodes.

Best regards,

Logistics

Logistics v1.3.0 is available
- Completely new reports module
- Now app supports U.S./imperial measurement systems
- Number of issues fixed

Logistics

It would be great if you could implement notifications when the app is closed or in the background, so the driver would know that he has new orders or new chat message. And another option would be the possibility of adding custom sounds/loud alerts for these notifications so that they can be heard.

Logistics

I see when looking in the Help option of phone app when it brings up the full help file it says it cane be used as a mobile tacker also.

It notes WiaTag - will it work with GPS Tag? We have a number of clients using GPS Tag and we were looking to offer them the Logistics function.

Thanks.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

Hello

Good idea today from client. They want to have option to enter cost per kilometer, so in planning section they can see kilometers and cost. Some works will be undone if they go over client expected budget and are to far. They will be done some odder day or planned to some odder trucks.

Logistics

CarCops, good idea, makes the system again a bit more flexible

Logistics

Logistics v1.5.0 is available:
- Ability to send notifications via e-mail or sms was added. Notification template can be set in "Settings" tab.
- Tags can be added to the order, key words will help to sort orders in planning mood.
- Route color can either be taken from unit properties (corresponds to a track color) or be random. Choose required option on "Settings" tab.
- Number of issues fixed,

Logistics

Is the ability to use as a tracker with GPS Tag available or is it only for WiaTag?

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

FleetPursuit , it works only with WiaTag unit.

Logistics

Shame, will it become available for use with GPS Tag? We have a number of clients that would potentially use Logistics with their existing GPS Tag service.

Have had a look through the WiaTag manual and it does not seem to have the messaging functionality as GPS Tag has that allows for Chatterbox, otherwise we could potentially move clients to WiaTag to resolve.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

Hello,

1. In planning mode, is it possible to sort by how far a vehicle is from delivery location? For example, if I have a field service location added as an order, I would like the closest vehicle to the order to service it.

2. In a related question, currently, if I select multiple orders and multiple units and press "distribute", what is the algorithm for picking which vehicles to assign to which orders? Based on my experiments, it is not necessasarily the closest to the order getting picked.

Thank you,

Logistics

Dear,

Dynamic search engine to search for units, orders and customers.

Order Custom fields and ability to edit each field.

I have some notes that I think may be important to Wialon logistic improvements.
It would be helpful to have the ability to group orders, or have a detail of the items to be distributed to a single customer, since in most cases the companies distribute more than one product at a time.

Having a dashboard to measure the development of deliveries.

The algorithm should calculate in advance what time should leave the Unides the warehouse and delivery locations to meet tentatively set times.
Ability to view the geofencing created on the map, and create routes manually from the selection of Geofences pressing on which we want to visit.
An example of this can be:

A click on the geofence, select point Entrega1
Double-click on the geofence, remove delivery point selection

Logistics

Estimados,

Adjunto ejemplo de Dashboard de Entrega de Pedidos

• Logistics

Logistics

Hi ,

Can you explain bit more on below ,
+ SMS/ Email notification works ?  Notification will trigger N minutes in advance to the delivery destination ?
+ How does the estimated time works ? from the time the order is been distributed ? or once the vehicle leaves the Warehouse location ?
+ any possibility to trigger the delivery confirmation based on a sensor parameter ? ( like a valid RFID tag ?

yami пишет:

Logistics v1.5.0 is available:
- Ability to send notifications via e-mail or sms was added. Notification template can be set in "Settings" tab.
- Tags can be added to the order, key words will help to sort orders in planning mood.
- Route color can either be taken from unit properties (corresponds to a track color) or be random. Choose required option on "Settings" tab.
- Number of issues fixed,

Sint

Logistics

HI ,
I was testing the logistics app , I did not get estimated Milage and actual Milage in reports
Anything Im doing wrong ?

Sint

Logistics

ysv пишет:

SMS/ Email notification works ?  Notification will trigger N minutes in advance to the delivery destination ?

Yes.
Wialon Logistics will inform a customer about courier's arrival. Notification can be sent via SMS or email.
Notification will be sent N minutes in advance of estimated arrival time. If the courier is late or outpaces his previous order's arrival time, then notification time for the next order will be shifted accordingly.

ysv пишет:

How does the estimated time works ? from the time the order is been distributed ? or once the vehicle leaves the Warehouse location ?

Estimated time for the first order (or warehouse) is set to the "Time from" of the first order in the route (or warehouse).
If "Time from" of the first order is over and you have "Relevant orders" checkbox activated (Settings > Planning), then the arrival time of the first order is set to the time of distribution.
The estimated arrival times for the other orders of the route are calculated basing the routing information from the map, taking into account unloading times of the orders.

ysv пишет:

any possibility to trigger the delivery confirmation based on a sensor parameter ? ( like a valid RFID tag ?

It is possible the confirm or reject order from mobile application or from the web interface.
But you can implement any custom logic and confirm/reject orders via Remote API request: https://sdk.wialon.com/wiki/en/sidebar/ … der/update

ysv пишет:

I was testing the logistics app , I did not get estimated Milage and actual Milage in reports
Anything Im doing wrong ?

To turn on column in the report you should click "Edit" button (next to "Unit report" dropdown) and check required columns "Orders' estimated mileage" and "Orders' actual mileage".
Note that "Orders' actual mileage" will be filled only after order delivery.

Logistics

Hello Gurtam

Our clients are very happy with progresses you have made in very short time frame, but looks like there is still room for some improvements. Here are some client’s recommendations for improving Wialon Logistics from this week clients meetings.

1. Is it drop or pickup – that would clarify it for the driver if that information is displayed with every order. Helps also if car can take only 1000 kg and first pickup is 1000 kg and drop offs are 100 kg to every client. Currently adding pickup 1000 kg and can’t add more drop offs, because system thinks that car is already full and thinks we try to add some more orders. Actually they are drop offs.

2. Every client saying that it’s not paperless logistics until it has signature option. Picture attached were it should be. Currently they still have to give driver paper were client can give signature.

3. Sometimes client have to load truck for safety reasons so that order number 7 will be delivered first. If that happens, they need the rest of the delivery times to be recalculated, so they will see the actual arrival and can inform clients if they call in. It’s basically like Google Maps if you make wrong turn, then it recalculates the routing and estimated arrival time.

4. Next client seed that they upload orders in the morning. Truck starts the round, but after 2-3 delivery the client number 20 calls and updates order amount to 200 kg instead of 100 kg. Now the logistics needs the option to change order so the driver will give client the correct amount. Usually car carry’s extra for those events. Currently amounts are locked after routs are sent to driver. Client needs the editing option.

• Logistics

Logistics

CarCops Autovalve
Thanks for your feedback, we'll think what can we do

Logistics

Hi ,

It would be great if we can control user access to  "settings" tab on logistics app. Right now I see only two options -
Create Edit and Delete order
View order
One of our clients does not want his logistics officer who creates orders to go and play with settings in logistics app.

Sint

Logistics

Hello Gurtam

Same wants come up with more then 10 clients now.

They have stores to supply, but dont want to hassel with excel every day. Want simply enter/upload stores location one time and every morning pick stores from existing list they have to visit. Basicly like clients list. If they enter few letter then system offers from client list stores that start with thouse letters. So the order form will be filled automaticly and the whole prosess will take less time.

Logistics

Please consider the following features for upgrading Wialon Logistics App and ROUTES in Wialon System.
1. Same order number should be considered as one order in the reports. Some customer orders have several drops off locations. Same order with many places.
2. Reports should count orders of the same number as one. Users want to see mileage versus client order, regardless of drop off locations.
3. Time from & Time to should be a drop down calendar to allow the user select the date and time including future dates.
4. Selection of unit name should have a filter. The client has more than 700 delivery vehicles. Finding the unit name amongst so many is tedious.
5. Logistics APP should import ROUTES from the Wialon Monitoring system. It should allow grouping routes and geo fences.
6. Logistics APP should import CHECK POINTS and Delivery Geo Fences from the Wialon Monitoring system.
7. Logistics APP should export reports or data to report tempates of the Wialon Monitoring System with 2-way integration.
8. Off loading time should be calculated automatically once time from and time to fields have drop down calendar to select time at check point or delivery geofence. Offloading time should be optional. Sometimes dispatcher does not know how long offloading time will be.
9. Some drivers violate check points and do not stop. The mileage report (for tables rounds & orders) should give mileage regardless of non stop.
10. Printing Rounds - The Wialon routes should have an option to PRINT rounds created.
11. SMS message sent to driver upon creation of a round.
12. Reports in Wialon Logistics Apps should bind unit groups.

Logistics

Hello,
New version of Logistics app is available:
- Import was changed: you can create import template which can be used as a header in the table of orders. Also you can edit one or few imported columns.
- Import from xlsx file was added
- You can add locator link in your notification template
- Some design fixes: you can see user name, time zone and exit button in new version. Also note, that order creation was moved to “Planning” tab.

Logistics

If I understand correctly Wialon Logistics can also be used/function as a tracker much like GPS Tag.

Am I correct in understanding that this is currently only available for iOS but not Android?

If so when will this capability be available for Android?

Thanks.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

FleetPursuit, Mobile application is available both for iOS and Android devices.
Yes, you can use your device with Logistics app as tracker, but note that you should change your unit's device type to WiaTag.

Logistics

Hi yami,

So to confirm, tracking function is only capable for use when used in conjunction with WiaTag for both iOS and Android platforms correct. (But not available with GPS Tag)?

Only wishing to confirm as we have a number of clients currently using GPS Tag and we are looking to provide them with use of Wialon Logistics.

Thanks.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

FleetPursuit пишет:

tracking function is only capable for use when used in conjunction with WiaTag for both iOS and Android platforms correct.

yes, it's correct.

Logistics

PRINTING SCHEDULES / PRINTING ROUNDS

Hi Support,
Could we have an enhancement to allow dispatchers print our rounds indicating to the driver the schedule for arrival and departure from check points. Some drivers are not tech savvy and cannot use smartphones, meaning that we have to give them print outs on paper.

Logistics

timothy , click on the existing route in the "Routes" tab and you will see a "PRINT" button at the bottom of the site.

Logistics

FleetPursuit пишет:

Hi yami,

Only wishing to confirm as we have a number of clients currently using GPS Tag and we are looking to provide them with use of Wialon Logistics.

Thanks.

In you case you can use:
- Gpstag as tracker.
- Logistics client for orders control. Driver (courier) must be assigned on unit associated with Gpstag. Both applications must be running on smartphone.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

Hello Gurtam

Customer needs to see the clients names on report to make invoices. Clients name was entered in order but in reports its not shown.

There is no point to see that work is done without the info for wich customer it was done.

Currently our customer sead that report are totally useless without client name.

Logistics

CarCops Autovalve пишет:

Hello Gurtam
Customer needs to see the clients names on report to make invoices. Clients name was entered in order but in reports its not shown.
There is no point to see that work is done without the info for wich customer it was done.
Currently our customer sead that report are totally useless without client name.

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes, add this column.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

timothy пишет:

Please consider the following features for upgrading Wialon Logistics App and ROUTES in Wialon System.
1. Same order number should be considered as one order in the reports. Some customer orders have several drops off locations. Same order with many places.
2. Reports should count orders of the same number as one. Users want to see mileage versus client order, regardless of drop off locations.
3. Time from & Time to should be a drop down calendar to allow the user select the date and time including future dates.
4. Selection of unit name should have a filter. The client has more than 700 delivery vehicles. Finding the unit name amongst so many is tedious.
5. Logistics APP should import ROUTES from the Wialon Monitoring system. It should allow grouping routes and geo fences.
6. Logistics APP should import CHECK POINTS and Delivery Geo Fences from the Wialon Monitoring system.
7. Logistics APP should export reports or data to report tempates of the Wialon Monitoring System with 2-way integration.
8. Off loading time should be calculated automatically once time from and time to fields have drop down calendar to select time at check point or delivery geofence. Offloading time should be optional. Sometimes dispatcher does not know how long offloading time will be.
9. Some drivers violate check points and do not stop. The mileage report (for tables rounds & orders) should give mileage regardless of non stop.
10. Printing Rounds - The Wialon routes should have an option to PRINT rounds created.
11. SMS message sent to driver upon creation of a round.
12. Reports in Wialon Logistics Apps should bind unit groups.

Some of your suggestions will be available in Q4:
p. 3  - http://joxi.ru/Vm69N3Mu5qeqrZ (ru version)
p. 11 - in the mobile app will be added to push notifications - let it be for now
p. 12 - it will be able to execute report on a unit groups & driver groups.
p. 10 -  you can print routes now, http://joxi.ru/ZrJdwj1UoZYM2j (select route & press "print" button).

By other point we'll think what can we do.

Please explain points 5, 6, 7 more detailed (ROUTED & CHECK POINTS & export reports)?

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

Hi Gurtam ,
It would be cool if Logistics app can have the option Proof of delivery Signature along with a comment.

Thank you

Sint

Logistics

ysv пишет:

Hi Gurtam ,
It would be cool if Logistics app can have the option Proof of delivery Signature along with a comment.
Thank you

Yes, we think about it, option a:
* When confirming or reject an order will be able to add a signature (button "Signature").
* Next, open the window (white screen), where the customer can enter the signature (stilus or finger).
* The entered signature is stored as a picture file and attached to the order.

What do you think?

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

stde пишет:
ysv пишет:

Hi Gurtam ,
Thank you

Yes, we think about it, option a:
* When confirming or reject an order will be able to add a signature (button "Signature").
* Next, open the window (white screen), where the customer can enter the signature (stilus or finger).
* The entered signature is stored as a picture file and attached to the order.

What do you think?

Sounds good .
When rejecting an order signature should not be must .

Sint

Logistics

Hello Gurtam

You have done amazing job to improve logistics with big update
https://weblog.gurtam.com/2017/02/big-l … agement-2/

Just few more things that clients constantly ask.

1. Logistics users need to generate delivery PDF after delivery is done. They need to send delivery confirmation PDF to theyr customers to prove that delivery was done. PDF needs to containe the company info who did delivery and to who they did delivery to + date, time and signature.
They can store the PDF in theyr computer as profe of delivery and send the same document to customer with invoice or send all delivery documents at the end of the month with invoice.

2. Current signatur is stored 48 hours and if there is complaine after 2-3 months then there is no profe left in the system. Solution is described in point one.

Logistics

Dear,

I think it would be important to have a detail that contains information of the order, for example an order of drinks can be composed of several products example, Order1: 2 soda cocacola, 1 Sprite, 10 Redbull, etc.

Greetings Cordailes,

Logistics

CarCops Autovalve пишет:

Hello Gurtam

You have done amazing job to improve logistics with big update
https://weblog.gurtam.com/2017/02/big-l … agement-2/

Just few more things that clients constantly ask.

1. Logistics users need to generate delivery PDF after delivery is done. They need to send delivery confirmation PDF to theyr customers to prove that delivery was done. PDF needs to containe the company info who did delivery and to who they did delivery to + date, time and signature.
They can store the PDF in theyr computer as profe of delivery and send the same document to customer with invoice or send all delivery documents at the end of the month with invoice.

2. Current signatur is stored 48 hours and if there is complaine after 2-3 months then there is no profe left in the system. Solution is described in point one.

The current signature is stored not only within 48 hours. It`s stored on period of storage of messages (by default 3 month). But now there is no way to see the signatures received after 48 hours. We are working on it.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

aayala пишет:

Dear,

I think it would be important to have a detail that contains information of the order, for example an order of drinks can be composed of several products example, Order1: 2 soda cocacola, 1 Sprite, 10 Redbull, etc.

Greetings Cordailes,

Thanks for your proposal.
Now such information can be stored in the "Comment" field. http://joxi.ru/eAORw6JtO9vl2o

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

Hi,

Are we doing something wrong when using the Chat function?

We are just starting to test Logistics and one thing, all is fine and looks great, however we seem to have an issue with Chat.

We select unit to send Chat message, but when we hit "send" it remains in the line it was typed in. It remains in the type message line, so if you continue a chat with driver you need to highlight and delete each time before you can add text for another message? (see image1)

The other issue we have found is that the Mobile app Notification does not show or sound alert to advise of incoming message. (yes we have activated it in settings)

Also if driver is in the Chat window of the Logistics mobile app it does not update with incoming message. They need to go back out of Chat to main screen and select again to "refresh".

Any advice? Are we doing something wrong?

We are using Android mobile and Firefox browser.

Thanks.

• Logistics
Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

FleetPursuit пишет:

Hi,

Are we doing something wrong when using the Chat function?

We are just starting to test Logistics and one thing, all is fine and looks great, however we seem to have an issue with Chat.

We select unit to send Chat message, but when we hit "send" it remains in the line it was typed in. It remains in the type message line, so if you continue a chat with driver you need to highlight and delete each time before you can add text for another message? (see image1)

The other issue we have found is that the Mobile app Notification does not show or sound alert to advise of incoming message. (yes we have activated it in settings)

Also if driver is in the Chat window of the Logistics mobile app it does not update with incoming message. They need to go back out of Chat to main screen and select again to "refresh".

Any advice? Are we doing something wrong?

We are using Android mobile and Firefox browser.

Thanks.

Hi,
yes, we confirm that there are some problems in the work of the chat.
Now we are working on a fix.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

Hi,
yes, we confirm that there are some problems in the work of the chat.
Now we are working on a fix.

Thanks stde, good to know it's not us. :-)

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

New version 1.9 of Logistics is available on logistics.wialon.com!

What's new:

- Notifications:
   - The ability of the dispatcher to receive pop-up notifications (+ sound notification) about the actions that occur with orders on the route is a push notification for the courier, only now the dispatcher can react to them.
   - The notification settings are configured in the program settings.
   - Added an indication of new notifications for the dispatcher.

Reports:
  - Execute reports by unit & driver groups.
  - Detail for the report on the object and the driver.
  - In the report settings, you can now add / delete columns by double-clicking.
  - For report statistics, you can now change the order of data output.

- Routes:
  - Added export to pdf or xlsx.
  - Added new columns "Estimated Mileage" and "Message"
  - The format of the file name changed when exporting.

- API:
  - Added a request to create a route in the system based on the finished route from the file (csv, xlsx) generated in a third-party program (http://apps.wialon.com/files/logistics/ … ces_en.pdf).

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

New version 1.5 of Logistics Mobile is available.

What's new:

Android:
- Option to restrict access to settings. Set password to secure information and personal configuration.
- Handy images navigation. Use slider to view photos.
- New types of push-notifications. Get notifications on missed orders and unset statuses.

iOS:
- Option to restrict access to settings. Set password to secure information and personal configuration.
- New types of push-notifications. Get notifications on missed orders and unset statuses.
- Digital signature support. Confirm orders with customer signature available as an image.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

Hello stde, we are currently testing Logisics app with a large client and they had requested two items;

1) signature capture - which was just deployed to production this week and we tested it and it is fine for now as n image upload. Would like to see this in reports.

2) "Arrived" button - The reason why we need an arrival button and not automatic arrival location: this is a courier company (many courier companies function similarly), when a driver is marked as "arrived" on site, their end customer is billable for the time until the job is "confirmed" or completed. A driver can arrive to a site early, park in the parking lot but he has not "arrived" yet (meaning billing has not started) until he marks himself as "arrived" (currently they do this on paper for example, or by text message to indicate this).
For this reason an automatic notification via tracker/location will not work since it requires a manual input from the driver.
Plus, they go to thousands of locations that are not regular locations so another reason why location based notification will not work for this.
So in other words the "arrived" button does not close off the order (like reject or completed) but instead marks when billing is starting. So with this they would calculate total billable time by looking at the time from "arrived" to "confirmed" and not when he physically arrived on site.
This can also be useful for other industries like tow truck companies that also function in a similar way.

Logistics

vatche пишет:

Hello stde, we are currently testing Logisics app with a large client and they had requested two items;

1) signature capture - which was just deployed to production this week and we tested it and it is fine for now as n image upload. Would like to see this in reports.

I think the signature in the reports will be available in one of the following release.
Use case: http://joxi.ru/82QOw4gIBnyyrd

vatche пишет:

2) "Arrived" button - The reason why we need an arrival button and not automatic arrival location: this is a courier company (many courier companies function similarly), when a driver is marked as "arrived" on site, their end customer is billable for the time until the job is "confirmed" or completed. A driver can arrive to a site early, park in the parking lot but he has not "arrived" yet (meaning billing has not started) until he marks himself as "arrived" (currently they do this on paper for example, or by text message to indicate this).
For this reason an automatic notification via tracker/location will not work since it requires a manual input from the driver.
Plus, they go to thousands of locations that are not regular locations so another reason why location based notification will not work for this.
So in other words the "arrived" button does not close off the order (like reject or completed) but instead marks when billing is starting. So with this they would calculate total billable time by looking at the time from "arrived" to "confirmed" and not when he physically arrived on site.
This can also be useful for other industries like tow truck companies that also function in a similar way.

Thanks for feedback. We will consider your proposal.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

Hi ,
Coming back on logistics  thread after sometime ,
Im not sure if this was discussed earlier , it would be nice if we can have a feature on driver's app to  scan QR / Barcode when confirming a delivery.

Thanks.

Sint

Logistics

ysv пишет:

Hi ,
Im not sure if this was discussed earlier , it would be nice if we can have a feature on driver's app to  scan QR / Barcode when confirming a delivery.

Thanks.

Please,
describe the problem that the implementation of this function will help to solve?

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

stde пишет:
ysv пишет:

Hi ,

Thanks.

Please,
describe the problem that the implementation of this function will help to solve?

I agree with suggestion and a common feature with competitor products- allows for scanning shipping/delivery label and used as part of the proof of delivery (POD) along with signature field.

Logistics

Team- Great potential for this app.   We have a few challenges that maybe others have looked into:

1- Need a way to recycle missed deliveries into the next days/shift routing plan.  Currently I believe the only work around is to reenter all the orders data as new order. One suggestion is to allow dispatch (not mobile) editing the date field for missed deliveries.  There is no way to connect the first missed delivery with the final delivery record. We are looking at maybe using tags but very difficult. 

2- Need ability to add order to a specific route/vehicle manually after the route has begun. Ideally it would be great if it could auto sequence the order in the route and re-optimize but manual placement is common.  Currently the only way we have found to work around is to create a new single order, route it and send to the driver as new single route.       

3- On "permanent" order types need day of week option to route only on specific days. Very common where routes or jobs are scheduled by day of week.

4- We really need a solution to route multi-stops; example is when customer picks-up order and then drops off same order in another location on same day.  This is very common in expedited and third party consignee deliveries.  Also need designation for pick up vs. delivery.  Again we are playing with tags, but not an easy process.   

Thank you for any suggestions or help.

Logistics

Hi ,

Some customers require to capture the barcode id as part of POD and able to view it in order report.

stde пишет:
ysv пишет:

Hi ,

Thanks.

Please,

Sint

Logistics

Hi ,

A suggestion for Wialon Logistics;

For each order

+ Option for the driver / warehouse officer to indicate “ Loading started”  - by pressing a Soft-button for a particular order / orders.

+ Option for the driver / warehouse officer to indicate “ Loading completed” -  by pressing a Soft-button for a particular order / orders

+ Logistics app changes the status as either  Loading started” / “ Loading completed” based on input.

+ Logistics app captures the loading started time and loading completed time and the total loading duration for each order.

Same scenario for order unloading

+ Option for the driver / warehouse officer to indicate “unloading started”  -  by pressing a Soft-button for a particular order / orders.

+ Option for the driver / warehouse officer to to indicate “ unloading completed” - by pressing a Soft-button a particular order / orders.

+ Logistics app captures the unloading started time and unloading completed time and the total unloading duration for each order.

+ Logistics app changes the status as either  Loading started” / “ Loading completed” based on driver’s input.

On Logistics app - option to filter - orders which are currently loading at a certain warehouse.

Sint

Logistics

ysv
Thanks for feedback. We will consider your proposal.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

(14/04/2017 16:58:58 отредактировано stde)

New version 1.10 of Logistics is available.

What's new:

- We’ve added an option to export a report in PDF format.
- Notifications for dispatchers. On receiving a notification, a dispatcher can now respond to it either by going to the chat with a driver to confirm the details or by clicking on the notification which will forward you to the current order in Routes mode.
- We’ve supplemented Planning tab with a “Routing source” option, allowing to choose a preferable routing provider to generate and optimize a planning route. Apart from Gurtam Maps, we’ve added a “light” type of optimization – “without routing” – which does not consider routing, e.g. it calculates the distance between orders in a straight line (Gurtam Maps are not used). You can also set an average speed to calculate approximate driving time between orders ( T = S/V + Tvisit) – total time is calculated as a sum of Torders.
- API improvements (related to orders mode). For more effective and convenient integration with third-party solutions we’ve provided an opportunity to import orders or routes with orders to the system in JSON format. Read more at LogisticsServices_en.pdf. Files in .csv and .xslx formats are also available for import.

Other improvements:

- UI improvement. Common design for buttons when selecting orders.
- Planning mode optimization: faster filtration and switching between orders.
- Filtering parameters set for “permanent” and “single” orders, warehouse, route state, report type, selected unit/driver/group are now saved. We’ve also added alerts on route deletion.
- Address search. Address search performance has been enhanced (addresses for 100 orders are defined in +/- 5 sec).

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

Hello Gurtam

Keep up the good work. We have had many meetings with customers and at least 5 customers have asked this option.

1. Driver can add addisional works to his app and logistic will see them on the list with different color

They need this option if driver will do some extra pickup or something that client have not forseen.

Currently the driver still has to write extra work on paper.

Logistics

(19/04/2017 12:19:45 отредактировано stde)

CarCops Autovalve , thanks for evaluating the work!

Explain what additional work the driver is doing?
Who creates orders (tasks) for additional work (driver or dispatcher)?
What are the properties of the additional work (time, position, description ...)?
These orders (tasks) are part of the route (participate in the optimization)? Or is it a separate task list?
What should the program control within the order(task)? (fact of the visit, fact of the fulfillment, ...)

Clarify please?

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

New version 1.11 of Logistics is available.
Details here.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

I am giving a try again with Logistics.

I have uploaded 300 orders. Some of them are in the same place.
When I tell the program to create the routes, It does seems right.

The same place is visited by many units because there is more than one order at the same place.

They are supposed to get the best route based on distance, and there is nothing better distance than 2-5 orders in the same place.

WHY I USE LOGISTICS?

Each order is a student.
Each unit is a BUS school.
The final warehouse is the School, called “Lycee”.

Result: different Buses pick up different children (like brothers) at the same house.
Example:

•    The order S0008 is located in A8 (address). BUS01 was assigned.
•    The order S0010 is located in A8 (address). BUS12 was assigned.

•    BUS10 is picking up order S0286 but it could also get S0287, S0307, S0308.

What I see, if distance and time are ok and the unit does the job, it does not look for a shorter road, optimizing the distribution.

You can see this example in the user: panama.colegiales. Order dates: MAY 6, 2017.

Please help.

Logistics

jromero пишет:

The same place is visited by many units because there is more than one order at the same place.

They are supposed to get the best route based on distance, and there is nothing better distance than 2-5 orders in the same place.

WHY I USE LOGISTICS?

Each order is a student.

Result: different Buses pick up different children (like brothers) at the same house.
Example:

What I see, if distance and time are ok and the unit does the job, it does not look for a shorter road, optimizing the distribution.

You can see this example in the user: panama.colegiales. Order dates: MAY 6, 2017.

Please help.

Hello Jromero

We have 100% similar problem. Picture is here

• Logistics

Logistics

Hello Gurtam

Our client is garbage company with only 5 trucks. Every truck has 200 bins to empty.
Most of them are really close as you can see from the picture.

Totally there is 1 000 bins a day to empty. Main problem is that logistic dont optimise the route and as you can see from picture then driver has to visit same place 3-4 times, but bin is just 20 meeters from last bin.

Looks like if there is big amount of orders then there is no help from logistics, but just makes things more confusing.

2. I think is also good idea to add country or region on settings so the addresses are looked only in one defined country. Currently looks addresses from around the world. That should speed up the address looking prosess also.

Logistics

stde пишет:

1. Explain what additional work the driver is doing?

For example driver delivers water and coffe. Driver delivers water to client. Now client or next door neighbor notises that he need 10 packs of coffe. So driver goes to car and gets the coffe because they allways carry extra. Now he needs to add that job as well.

Second example is security company. They have theyr work assignments. Now if there is emergency call buy phone. Then they need to add that extra work on the list by tablet or phone and ad all the info.

2. Who creates orders (tasks) for additional work (driver or dispatcher)?

Driver, because dispatcher is not aware of them.

3. What are the properties of the additional work (time, position, description ...)?

Cliant name, delivery time, signature - so company can make invoice.

4. These orders (tasks) are part of the route (participate in the optimization)? Or is it a separate task list?

How its easyer for you to imploment, but it would be nice if the orders will be on the list by time they were done.

5. What should the program control within the order(task)? (fact of the visit, fact of the fulfillment, ...)

Driver inserts that info and to logistics its shown that this work is added by driver X.

Clarify please?

Logistics

Look at the article in the Cleveroad blog called "Logistics app development to solve numerous issues in the Logistics sphere" - https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/logistic … ics-sphere

Cleveroad - Mobile and Web development company

Logistics

CarCops Autovalve пишет:
jromero пишет:

WHY I USE LOGISTICS?

Each order is a student.

Example:

Please help.

Hello Jromero

Hi, I undestood the problem.
We will try to improve on the optimization algorithm, so that under the same conditions for orders, the algorithm produces more correct results by distance.

But now, when optimizing - you can adjust the orders (change sequence) in the third step before creating a route. Maybe this will help.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

CarCops Autovalve пишет:
stde пишет:

1. Explain what additional work the driver is doing?

For example driver delivers water and coffe. Driver delivers water to client. Now client or next door neighbor notises that he need 10 packs of coffe. So driver goes to car and gets the coffe because they allways carry extra. Now he needs to add that job as well.

Second example is security company. They have theyr work assignments. Now if there is emergency call buy phone. Then they need to add that extra work on the list by tablet or phone and ad all the info.

2. Who creates orders (tasks) for additional work (driver or dispatcher)?

Driver, because dispatcher is not aware of them.

3. What are the properties of the additional work (time, position, description ...)?

Cliant name, delivery time, signature - so company can make invoice.

4. These orders (tasks) are part of the route (participate in the optimization)? Or is it a separate task list?

How its easyer for you to imploment, but it would be nice if the orders will be on the list by time they were done.

5. What should the program control within the order(task)? (fact of the visit, fact of the fulfillment, ...)

Driver inserts that info and to logistics its shown that this work is added by driver X.

Clarify please?

Thanks for you clarification. Now it became more clear.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

lalimakharadzes пишет:

Look at the article in the Cleveroad blog called "Logistics app development to solve numerous issues in the Logistics sphere" - https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/logistic … ics-sphere

Thanks for the useful link!

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

(08/05/2017 22:46:59 отредактировано jromero)

stde пишет:
CarCops Autovalve пишет:
jromero пишет:

WHY I USE LOGISTICS?

Each order is a student.

Example:

Please help.

Hello Jromero

We will try to improve on the optimization algorithm, so that under the same conditions for orders, the algorithm produces more correct results by distance.

But now, when optimizing - you can adjust the orders (change sequence) in the third step before creating a route. Maybe this will help.

No. I dont understand. I get 17 units with a distribution of orders (the buses capacity are different so I cannot adjust minimal distance for the optimization). What sequence are you talking about? The small icon which take the assigned orders and put them in a better way?

Simple question: why 3 orders are assigned to different units?

How is the procedure? "Random assignment -> Evaluation" ? ; "Genetic Algorithm"? ; "AI"?
For the first option you would expect a solution proportional to n! (factorial). Unless you previously calculate distances among all points and create a higher value to shorter distances?

if I run the procedure and the answer is after 5 hours, It will be fine for me!

Logistics

Hello.
Maybe in the future you can implement other geodata sources, like google, because in Romania, using gurtam or yandex 95% of the searched addresses are not found or i get suggestions from other countries. Also maybe you can implement lat/lon input, it would be easier to take coordinates from google maps and add them in logistics when creating orders and needing exact location. And google layers for the map in wialon logistics would also be usefull.

Logistics

florin1 пишет:

Hello.
Maybe in the future you can implement other geodata sources, like google, because in Romania, using gurtam or yandex 95% of the searched addresses are not found or i get suggestions from other countries. Also maybe you can implement lat/lon input, it would be easier to take coordinates from google maps and add them in logistics when creating orders and needing exact location. And google layers for the map in wialon logistics would also be usefull.

Hello,
yes, now we are thinking about how to implement these providers (google & yandex). Some results can already be expected in the current quarter.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

jromero пишет:

No. I dont understand. I get 17 units with a distribution of orders (the buses capacity are different so I cannot adjust minimal distance for the optimization). What sequence are you talking about? The small icon which take the assigned orders and put them in a better way?

I mean in third step in planning mode: http://joxi.ru/D2P3wyqhGZYWm3

3 orders will not be distributed for 3 units, unless a limit (http://joxi.ru/GrqvRBETXMM8mz) is reached for each, or the time of moving is too long, will not have time on schedule

How is the procedure? "Random assignment -> Evaluation" ? ; "Genetic Algorithm"? ; "AI"?
For the first option you would expect a solution proportional to n! (factorial). Unless you previously calculate distances among all points and create a higher value to shorter distances?

"Genetic Algorithm" is used.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

Really, mobile app can be a very profitable solution for logistic company. Take a look at https://erminesoft.com/why-does-a-logis … obile-app/

Logistics

jromero пишет:
stde пишет:
CarCops Autovalve пишет:

Hello Jromero

Is this issue been addressed? The complete Wialon Logistic is very good, except you have to sort the orders manually?
This is like having a Ferrari without engine. In the Logistic operations, the automatization is the key of success.

Logistics

Hi

While working with Logistics there is some difficulties using it because of UI. In our country we have many problems in addresses and we have to choose points from map. there is not enough space for map in Logistics UI. I think it would be more convenient if you redesign UI. As an example you can reduce left side panel dimensions.
Other partners please share their opinions...

Logistics

(17/05/2017 13:15:29 отредактировано florin1)

It should be nice if you can get distance between unit's position and first order's location. As you can see in the attached image, i don't have any distance for the first order. Only if i add a initial warehouse, then it would be shown. Also please implement Google routing and google address search, especially google places search. For the moment the lack of google in Wialon Logistics is a hindrance for potential customers and we saw that other telematics company here are offering dispatching solutions with google implemented. And Latitude and Longitude coordinates input would be great

• Logistics

Logistics

Hello

Many of our clients have proposed an idea that in downloaded reports (Excel, PDF etc.) would be good if there is a (maybe even temporary) link to the order's attachments like drivers' taken pictures or signatures. Similar like in online reports when clicking on a paperclip icon the link appears.

Logistics

I wrote:

Hi

While working with Logistics there is some difficulties using it because of UI. In our country we have many problems in addresses and we have to choose points from map. there is not enough space for map in Logistics UI. I think it would be more convenient if you redesign UI. As an example you can reduce left side panel dimensions.
Other partners please share their opinions...

I mean in Web Application of Logistics

Logistics

gpsvalve пишет:

Hello

Many of our clients have proposed an idea that in downloaded reports (Excel, PDF etc.) would be good if there is a (maybe even temporary) link to the order's attachments like drivers' taken pictures or signatures. Similar like in online reports when clicking on a paperclip icon the link appears.

Thank you for proposal. Add to the product backlog.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

florin1 пишет:

It should be nice if you can get distance between unit's position and first order's location. As you can see in the attached image, i don't have any distance for the first order. Only if i add a initial warehouse, then it would be shown. Also please implement Google routing and google address search, especially google places search. For the moment the lack of google in Wialon Logistics is a hindrance for potential customers and we saw that other telematics company here are offering dispatching solutions with google implemented. And Latitude and Longitude coordinates input would be great

Thank you for proposal. As for Google support, the solution is under implementation.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

New version 1.12 of Logistics is available.
Details here.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

Hello Gurtam

Here is two proposals form garbage company

1. If there is big business center with 10 different garbage bins to pick up, then currently driver seas all of them in theyr tablets on top of eache odder. So on the map it shows only the top one. Now the driver needs to scroll and look similar addresse on the list.  If there is 300 orders then similar addresse are not correctly on the list but all over the list so its hard for driver to find them.

It would be easyer to mark them on the map as done if they would be drop down for this 10 pickups or some odder solution so driver can visually see them on the map.

2. Gurtam announced:
New version 1.11 of Logistics is available.
What's new:
- You can now view files (signature/image) attached to orders. To do that, pick the order and click the "clip" icon

Client has 300 orders for one truck and all of them have the  the "clip" at the end. So client have to go thru 300 orders every day manualy clicking them to see is ther any attachments or not.

Would be easyer if there is no attachments, then there is no clip, so client dont have to go thru thousands of pickups daily to see the attachments.

Keep up the good work. Our clients see huge potential in Wialon Logistics.

Logistics

CarCops Autovalve , thanks for proposals!
Proposal will be added to the product backlog.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

New version 1.13 of Logistics is available.
Details here.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Logistics

any ideea when google support will be implemented?

Logistics

hello, florin1

we expect it to be soon but there are some things, that need Hosting implementation before we get them in Logistics. We will keep you posted

Logistics

Hi ,

It would great if can have the notifications (email /SMS) for

Route status -
Started / Finished

Arrival / Departure / Missed

Delay / Route deviation
etc
( Like Wialon has notification trigger type Route progress)

Sint

Logistics

Hello,

We have a client whose business is food transportation (from online shops to the clients) and they proposed a few points that the Logistics is lacking at the moment. So maybe it's possible to add those features in the next updates:

1. Customizable parameters for the order. For example the client has many parameters for each order, such as the type of cargo (frozen, medicine etc) and all of them are important. And at the same time many clients don't need parameters like the weight and the price.
Using the comments section for this makes it difficult to load the vehicle, sort and search orders in the report and so on.

2. Rejection templates. For example if there are some typical/recurrent reasons for rejection when delivering the orders then it would be good if the driver can choose the reason/comment from the pre-inserted selection. Instead of typing the same things every time.

3. Order's comments in the reports. At the moment when exporting a report (Excel or PDF) then there is a comment from the driver. But it would be good if there's a initial comment that was with the order.

Thanks!

Logistics

ysv пишет:

Hi ,

It would great if can have the notifications (email /SMS) for

Route status -
Started / Finished

Arrival / Departure / Missed

Delay / Route deviation
etc
( Like Wialon has notification trigger type Route progress)

Hello. We plan to add some additional states to orders and hopefully will return to notifications but this will take some time. This idea is already in our backlog after the conference but I'm not sure on the timings yet.

gpsvalve пишет:

Hello,

We have a client whose business is food transportation (from online shops to the clients) and they proposed a few points that the Logistics is lacking at the moment. So maybe it's possible to add those features in the next updates:

1. Customizable parameters for the order. For example the client has many parameters for each order, such as the type of cargo (frozen, medicine etc) and all of them are important. And at the same time many clients don't need parameters like the weight and the price.
Using the comments section for this makes it difficult to load the vehicle, sort and search orders in the report and so on.

Order already has a number of tags and you easily can filter them with the help of those. After you select them - in the nearest future all units on the next stage will be filtered according to their type. So while entering orders you will need to add necessary tags and types of units (e.g. frosen -> ref, medicine -> courier and so on). That should solve the problem of seek and find necessary units + connect to orders.

gpsvalve пишет:

2. Rejection templates. For example if there are some typical/recurrent reasons for rejection when delivering the orders then it would be good if the driver can choose the reason/comment from the pre-inserted selection. Instead of typing the same things every time.

We already have that in our backlog - currently what we think is having that info cached (like in the web-browser) - so on the input the driver will choose from a dropdown.

gpsvalve пишет:

3. Order's comments in the reports. At the moment when exporting a report (Excel or PDF) then there is a comment from the driver. But it would be good if there's a initial comment that was with the order.

Thanks!

that iidea is also in the backlog - we'll get back to it as soon as we have calculator implemented in WH (reports on logistics still stand on Hosting) for summary, trips and eh tables - there are lots of things that can be achieved with the help of that (not only initial comments).

Logistics

Hello Gurtam

Clients are not happy with the latest update. We have turned updates off, but clients have automatic updates on. So here is two pictures - one from older and one from new version.

Problem with your new updatet is for driver app - drivers cant see the street names any more because dark black line is covering steet names.

Older verion you could see thru the line (transparent), but on new verion its not possible. That coplaine came from 12 drivers.

• Logistics
  • Logistics

Logistics

(26/08/2017 07:47:16 отредактировано jonasf_ph)

I am wondering if it's possible to have something similar to the Wialon Orders report for the Logistics Module where you can see the Actual Time of Arrival. 

At the moment you can't generate a report from Logistics Module showing the Actual Time of Arrival, you can only see Deviation from the Estimated Arrival Time, as per the attached image below. 

Seems strange that you can't see the Actual Time of Arrival from the Logistics Module and need to go to main WL to generate such report. 

This is a bit inconvenient especially for a big Enterprise client that will assign a specific person just to work on the Logistics Module.

Hope you can do something about it.

• Logistics

Logistics

jonasf_ph пишет:

I am wondering if it's possible to have something similar to the Wialon Orders report for the Logistics Module where you can see the Actual Time of Arrival. 

At the moment you can't generate a report from Logistics Module showing the Actual Time of Arrival, you can only see Deviation from the Estimated Arrival Time, as per the attached image below. 

Seems strange that you can't see the Actual Time of Arrival from the Logistics Module and need to go to main WL to generate such report. 

This is a bit inconvenient especially for a big Enterprise client that will assign a specific person just to work on the Logistics Module.

Hope you can do something about it.

Thanks for your feedback - we plan to implement something new in reporting within the app - as you are using Wialon Local, you also will need to wait till the next release.

Logistics

Sorry the typing mistake, I am using WH

Logistics

I was just reviewing this App, I am impressed with the level of automation particularly for customer notification.

We added a few manual test deliveries for the next day to allow us to test.

I note that on the mobile App it does not show the deliveries we put in - I assume only the current day's deliveries can be seen by drivers?

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

FleetPursuit пишет:

I was just reviewing this App, I am impressed with the level of automation particularly for customer notification.

We added a few manual test deliveries for the next day to allow us to test.

I note that on the mobile App it does not show the deliveries we put in - I assume only the current day's deliveries can be seen by drivers?

Hello, on the Mobile app a driver is able to see assigned on him current, upcoming and past (where at least one order has not been delivered or cancelled) routes . You may also set a driver's notification, so he will be for sure aware of any change in routes or deliveries.

Logistics

Hi

Gurtam Team, is it possible to add Persian Calendar to Logistics?

Logistics

hhamedk пишет:

Hi

Gurtam Team, is it possible to add Persian Calendar to Logistics?

Hello!

Developers analyze the possibility of implementation Persian Calendar in the app "Logistics". We will update the information when we get news about this question.

Logistics

Hi guys.

It will be possible to add these characteristics to logistics.

1. That the routes are automatically closed according to a fixed schedule. example at 12:00 the next day.
2. That the orders are only validated within the fixed schedule range.

Logistics

cerpas hello - yes, something of that kind we are planning to implement soon. Make sure to follow our release notes in the weblog.

By the way - yesterday we released Logistics 2.2 - make sure to read the article here https://weblog.gurtam.com/2017/11/logistics-2-2/

We would love to see your feedbacks here. Also you are free to use e-mail - logistics@gurtam.com

Logistics

Hi, i'm trying to create a new route in gurtam with the request  order/route_update in the following link of the gurtam api docs https://sdk.wialon.com/wiki/en/sidebar/ … ute_update which has the next parameters

svc=order/route_update&params={ "itemId":<long>,
                "orders":\[\],
                "routeId":<long>,
                "callMode":<text>}

i Send the parameters with PHP like this

$paramsRoute = '{"itemId":15884440,
                "orders":[6,12],
                "routeId":0,
                "callMode":"create"}';   

$arregloRoutes = $wialon_api->order_route_update($paramsRoute."&sid=".$sid."");

where orders means the orders asignet to a specific unit, what i want to do is create a route with those orders in the array of the params orders in the request but in the response of the server i get the error: {"error":3}  which means     Invalid result

Any ideas of what i'm Doing wrong to get that error in the response ?? 

the final goal is to create a route whit many orders asigned to a unit in logistics.

Hope you can help me guys, Thanks !

Logistics

Hi guys, i'm trying yo create a route with some orders that i have created in logistics, first y create the orders Using the command route_update in the callmode create, after y assign the orders to an specific unit, using the comand Assigning unit to order.
svc=order/update&params={"itemId":<long>,   /* resource id */
             "id":<long>,        /* order id (0 if create) */
             "u":<long>,        /* unit id */
             "callMode":"assign"}
like that, until here everything is OK, i create the orders and I assign them to a unit the problem came next
When i try to create a route whit the command  order/route_update:
svc=order/route_update&params={ "itemId":<long>,
                "orders":\[\],
                "routeId":<long>,
                "callMode":<text>}
the response of the server is error 3: invalid result sending the parameters in this way
$paramsRoute = '{"itemId":15884440,
                "orders":[6,12],
                "routeId":0,
                "callMode":"create"}';
i'm almost sure that the problem is in the array "orders", can someone give me an example of this, how can i do correctly the creation of a route with orders ? PLEASE ANY HELP IS WELCOME
Thanks

Logistics

labi, you wrote:

Developers analyze the possibility of implementation Persian Calendar in the app "Logistics". We will update the information when we get news about this question.

Please update me in this case.

Logistics

Hello Gurtam- Noticed in the Dec  news, under development lists logistics "Orders distribution options".  Can you share any highlights of this?
Thank you.

Logistics

praveenitech, better stop SPAMING...

If you have good software, write good texts but not such a stupied text of your own software.

Logistics

(19/12/2017 19:03:40 отредактировано hhamedk)

labi, you wrote:

Please update me in this case.

GT, Pleaseeeee!

Logistics

(19/12/2017 20:24:07 отредактировано hhamedk)

Hi Gurtam Team

As a prospect of a real route optimization application I'm thinking about considering some kinds of parameters in route optimization algorithm in routing engine like:

1. Vehicle hourly/per mileage cost
2. Driver hourly cost
3. Fuel costs per mileage
4. Vehicle working limitations (maximum working time per day, day of week/month working limitations, day/night shifts, special zones entrance limitations, etc)
5. Driver working time limitations (maximum working time per day, day of week/month working limitations, day/night shifts, etc)
6. Penalty costs (amount should be paid to the customer in case of delayed delivery)

(these mostly can be useful for multiple orders delivery per single trip)

And also a functionality to calculate each order cost based on predefined formula considering:

1. Distance
2. Volume of order
3. Weight of order
2. Rush hours
3. Special zones (orders which are inside such zones)

(these mostly can be useful for single order delivery per single trip)

Would you please inform us if you have any plan to implement mentioned functionalities in future updates or not?
Do you have any plan to deliver Logistics as an local application together with WL?

Other partners please share your opinions and vote if you find it useful.

Logistics

Hi GT

Some logistics carry high value goods and they want to limit each vehicle total carrying capacity by goods cost. This will decrease robbers risk.
Would you please add a feature to define maximum possible carrying cost of each vehicle?
Other partners please vote if you find it interested.

Logistics

hhamedk пишет:

Hi Gurtam Team

As a prospect of a real route optimization application I'm thinking about considering some kinds of parameters in route optimization algorithm in routing engine like:

1. Vehicle hourly/per mileage cost
2. Driver hourly cost
3. Fuel costs per mileage
4. Vehicle working limitations (maximum working time per day, day of week/month working limitations, day/night shifts, special zones entrance limitations, etc)
5. Driver working time limitations (maximum working time per day, day of week/month working limitations, day/night shifts, etc)
6. Penalty costs (amount should be paid to the customer in case of delayed delivery)

(these mostly can be useful for multiple orders delivery per single trip)

And also a functionality to calculate each order cost based on predefined formula considering:

1. Distance
2. Volume of order
3. Weight of order
2. Rush hours
3. Special zones (orders which are inside such zones)

(these mostly can be useful for single order delivery per single trip)

Would you please inform us if you have any plan to implement mentioned functionalities in future updates or not?
Do you have any plan to deliver Logistics as an local application together with WL?

Other partners please share your opinions and vote if you find it useful.

Hello, Hamed,

There are certain plans of enhancing the routing in the app - they consider volume of the goods and the capacity of the unit for instance. Also a spreading of the orders over units and so on. There are NO plans for restricted geofences (as routing currently does not allow that), no plans for fuel/hour/delivery costs as there is no place to store the data at the moment. Aswell as there are no plans in having penalty costs for the missed delivery windows - we only indicate troubles, that occur in the optimization and it's up to user to decide - whether to react upon that or not.

As for Logistics as a local application for Wialon Local - it is already in-built. Since last release (1704) and we plan to go on with this for sure.

Logistics

serd, Thanks for clarification.
Logistics optimizes orders and routes But it Doesn't optimize number of vehicles and dispatcher should select vehicles. Is there any plan to add this feature to Logistics to automatically select vehicles that matches with orders? This way customers can keep some vehicles in parking and send only vehicles which are mandatory for delivery of goods.

Logistics

Hello, Hamed.

Currently we have no such plans because actually at the moment I have no idea why can anyone use this feature - if the user cannot decide, which unit to pick, he can simply select all available. If he needs a special "type" - there are filters on the type in the bottom left corner (right in the RTL layout).

Logistics

(24/02/2018 17:13:07 отредактировано hhamedk)

serd wrote:

Hello, Hamed.

Currently we have no such plans because actually at the moment I have no idea why can anyone use this feature - if the user cannot decide, which unit to pick, he can simply select all available. If he needs a special "type" - there are filters on the type in the bottom left corner (right in the RTL layout).

It may be my bad explanation of issue. Consider that a distribution company has 100 vehicles and now they use all these vehicles. They not only looking for optimization of each vehicle route but also they need to use maximum capacity of each vehicle everyday. This way they may have 10 free vehicles after optimization. They can decide to expand their customers as system says that all orders can be done by 90 vehicles, so they have 10 free vehicles which can carry extra orders for new customers!

Logistics

hhamedk пишет:

serd wrote:

Hello, Hamed.

It may be my bad explanation of issue. Consider that a distribution company has 100 vehicles and now they use all these vehicles. They not only looking for optimization of each vehicle route but also they need to use maximum capacity of each vehicle everyday. This way they may have 10 free vehicles after optimization. They can decide to expand their customers as system says that all orders can be done by 90 vehicles, so they have 10 free vehicles which can carry extra orders for new customers!

After optimize is done, in the footer of the page you will see how many units were used for that. Also at the moment the system tries to use less units possible to carry all the orders. And for that purpose already planned routes are also considered in the mechanism. So the point is - the requested functionality (per your last description) is already done.

We have in plans not only such behavior as sometimes it is necessary to fairly spread the orders between the units (not truly effectively) - therefore additional option in the optimize algorithm is planned to be implemented - maybe you shall consider it for the future projects.

BR.

Logistics

On recent meetings with client we have seen two issues come up again and again.

1. Clients need interval pickups (Garbage Company’s) like 7, 14 and 28 days. If the job is entered and picked 7 day interval, then this job will appear 7 days later automatically again and again until canceled. Garbage colleting is pretty stable and constant and they need interval pick-up solution everywhere.

2. Pickup or drop-off. Driver needs to understand is it pickup or drop-off (fast currier service). They don’t have one pickup location and 10 drop-off locations. They operate one pickup - one drop-off. Or is it possible to solve like one job has pickup and drop-off? Currently clients are using comments for driver to understand is it drop-off or pickup. Different colors or some odder visual aid would be good for drivers.

Thanks for grate job you have done so far wink

Logistics

When generating report in Logistics, especially pdf format, can we have the option to select Portrait or Landscape. In some reports in Portrait the columns are going out of the margin.

Logistics

Hi GT

Would you please inform us if you have any plan for adding Persian Calendar to Logistics?
Please don't tell me that you are waiting for other valuable partners to request same feature and then put it in your schedule as all we know that your users/partners from Iran (some times Tajikistan and Afghanistan) use this feature.

Logistics

hhamedk, we don't have any immediate plans for adding Persian Calendar to Logistics.

Logistics

I'm not happy of this shmi, no one use this without Persian calendar in Iran.

Logistics

Building a client base with GPS positions.

I have a proposition for a new feature for Logistic Mobile app and reporting.

When a driver confirm delivery in Mobile Logistic app  -position,time and client name is sent to server , report with Client name,time  and GPS position can be made.
Easy geofence(clients) creating based on this report .

In some areas addresses are not correct or a client is not exactly on position where address is pointing !
With this tool we can build our own correct Client base for better delivery  and reporting.

Best regards

Logistics

To complement Logistic app a new feature would be great  .

Feature based on each shipment info(weight,size,m3) how many will fit on a EU pallet and how many pallets would be needed for transport.

Best regards

Logistics

Hi dear Gurtam Logistics Team,

we have a customer (the first) who realy wants to use Logistics. They deliver with 30-40 Units up to 600 orders per day with some complex rules.
They hired a consulting person to analyse their needs and help them beeing more effective and here is the list of questions regarding their needs which i personaly did not find how to solve this with Logistics. As i know that much is possible but i am just to stupied to understand it maybe you or some other readers have some comments to the needs:

1.) When driving with trucks you have to take care about the driving and pause times. Is it possible to set for example "driver can drive only 9 hours and he needs to drive not more than 4.5 hours before he needs to make a pause of 30 minutes (the lovely EU rules). At the moment we can set maximum working time but that ignores the needs of pauses....

2.) is it possible to change order of a route (or add or delete new points) when the tour already startet? (i did not find a way, but during the day it comes to the situation that something needs to be changed)

3.) it should be possible to move (drag and drop) tasks between different routes. for example route1 should go to object a but because there is no space any more the dispatcher needs to move object a to route 2. Deleting it and adding it manualy needs a lot of time and in modern html5 systems it would be cool to move it by mouse (have a look to trello.com how they solve this very cool)

4.) If a vehicle has 2 drivers on board it can work not only 9 hours but 18 hours. Can a vehicle do 2 routes per day or how can we solve this need that there are restrictions per driver but not per vehicle?

5.) a dayily problem is "blacklists" of endcustomers. They say "ok this driver we dont want to see here anymore" or "we have so heavy parcels, driver B is so perfect, please let him do our job every day"... there must be something like a negativ or positiv list that some objects should be delivered NOT by specific vehicle

6.) Is there any way to use google ETA features? Google can calculate driving time coresponding of the time of the day. Especialy in big towns its totaly different if you drive there in the morning or in the evening...

7.) our customer has some objects (30%) that dont need to be delivered "tomorrow between 15:30 and 16:00" but can be delivered "during the next 3 days". So the timeframe of delivery should be more than 24 hours for optimisation.... any idea how to solve that?

8.) where are the photos saved? is it possible to give the customer of our customer access only to HIS jobs? can notifications includes scanned delivery documents?

Uff, i think thats it.

They are delivering all kind of food and stuff to restaurants, supermarkets hotels and as i understood its realy a complex work what they are doing... Would be cool if we dont loose them to www.bringg.com which was proposed by the external consulter to use....

Best regards
Wolf.

P.s. i think you did a great job with Logistics, for me it seems that the above points are the last missing for realy complex delivery schemes....

Logistics

Hey Wolf

Thanks for a detailed feedback!

1.) When driving with trucks you have to take care about the driving and pause times. Is it possible to set for example "driver can drive only 9 hours and he needs to drive not more than 4.5 hours before he needs to make a pause of 30 minutes (the lovely EU rules). At the moment we can set maximum working time but that ignores the needs of pauses....

4.) If a vehicle has 2 drivers on board it can work not only 9 hours but 18 hours. Can a vehicle do 2 routes per day or how can we solve this need that there are restrictions per driver but not per vehicle?

Currently for optimization we're using raw routing data (Gurtam Maps or Google Maps). It's not easy to add rest time to this routing logic. Also it's not clear what system should do when driver was already driving for 2 hours before route and have to stop in 2.5 hours...

2.) is it possible to change order of a route (or add or delete new points) when the tour already startet? (i did not find a way, but during the day it comes to the situation that something needs to be changed)

3.) it should be possible to move (drag and drop) tasks between different routes. for example route1 should go to object a but because there is no space any more the dispatcher needs to move object a to route 2. Deleting it and adding it manualy needs a lot of time and in modern html5 systems it would be cool to move it by mouse (have a look to trello.com how they solve this very cool)

Routes in Logistics optimized by visit time. When we add new point in a middle we always have chance to overdue last point. For example, last point works until 18:00 and we can do it in time, but if we add order before it we'll need more time and can visit last point only at 19:00 when it already closed. So any modification of route can potentially broke it and make not possible to do in time.

5.) a dayily problem is "blacklists" of endcustomers. They say "ok this driver we dont want to see here anymore" or "we have so heavy parcels, driver B is so perfect, please let him do our job every day"... there must be something like a negativ or positiv list that some objects should be delivered NOT by specific vehicle

It's very interesting idea. The only problem is that currently we have no "endcustomers" in Wialon and we have no all this votes.

6.) Is there any way to use google ETA features? Google can calculate driving time coresponding of the time of the day. Especialy in big towns its totaly different if you drive there in the morning or in the evening...

Can you explain where do you want to use it? While planning you already can use Google maps routing. It requires google service, contact support if you want to activate it.

7.) our customer has some objects (30%) that dont need to be delivered "tomorrow between 15:30 and 16:00" but can be delivered "during the next 3 days". So the timeframe of delivery should be more than 24 hours for optimisation.... any idea how to solve that?

For permanent orders its not possible now. But you can copy it as single order and modify from-to period. For single orders you can use dates in intervals.

8.) where are the photos saved? is it possible to give the customer of our customer access only to HIS jobs? can notifications includes scanned delivery documents?

All photos saved on Wialon server. You can get then using RemoteAPI. Currently we have no "customers" in Wialon system, we have users and wialon user can see all files. Currently we cant send this files in notifications.

Gurtam Logistics team wink

Logistics

Hi GLT (Gurtam Logistics Team)

I believe what Wolf's customer requested are standard features of a real route/delivery optimization application and we can see such functions in competitor applications. We have to add such functionalities in my eyes.

Logistics

Shmi, also your answer is not making me very happy ;-) here comes the next question:

If using google maps API key, how many distance matrix calls are used to deliver for example 500 deliverys with 30 vehicles?
https://developers.google.com/maps/docu … trix/start
Is it 30, so one per unit, or is it 500 or even more?

Thanks
Wolf.

Logistics

(11/07/2018 11:29:30 отредактировано stal)

The width or height of the matrix should be no more than 25 cells.
For a premium key, which is passed by parameter "client" and signed with a private key, the limit is up to 625 matrix cells.
If you take into account traffic jams, the total number of cells should not be more than 100.

The optimal number of requests is calculated according to these limitations. For example, for 500 points, 400 requests should be made (25 * 25).

But as far as I remember, the number of requests is not billed at all.  Only the number of elements is counted.

The number of vehicles does not affect the number of requests.

Logistics

Hi Stal,

here comes the new price scheme from google:
SKU: Distance Matrix Advanced
A request to the Distance Matrix API or the Maps JavaScript API’s Distance Matrix Service that uses traffic information.

MONTHLY VOLUME RANGE
(Price per ELEMENT)
0–100,000    100,001–500,000    500,000+
0.01 USD per each
(10.00 USD per 1000)    0.008 USD per each
(8.00 USD per 1000)    Contact Sales for volume pricing
Each query sent to the Distance Matrix API generates elements, where the number of origins times the number of destinations equals the number of elements.

A Distance Matrix Advanced SKU is charged for a Distance Matrix API or a Maps JavaScript API’s Distance Matrix Service that uses traffic information. Traffic information is used when all the following apply (these are the conditions required to receive the duration_in_traffic field in the Distance Matrix response):

The travel mode parameter is driving, or is not specified (driving is the default travel mode).
The request includes a valid departure_time parameter. The departure_time can be set to the current time or some time in the future. It cannot be in the past.

The importand part is this:
Each query sent to the Distance Matrix API generates elements, where the number of origins times the number of destinations equals the number of elements.

So 1 Warehouse and 600 Destinations = 600 Credits, 10 Warehouses and 600 Destinations = 6000 Credits or 6 USD or 60 USD. FOR ONE Calculation.
(Thats how i understand this new billing scheme, please correct me if i am wrong).

Wolf.

Logistics

And here comes the next request / question for the mobile App:
Customer complains that the mobile app should show the Timeframe when the Goods should be delivered.
The costs are totaly unimportand for the driver who delivers the goods.

From usability the drivers said:
- first priority is adress (ok)
- second Timewindow when goods should be delivered
- third "the comments and additional informations
and than the rest.

Any comments?

Wolf.

Logistics

And here comes the next:

- when organising routes (non active) its very easy to click to the delete button. There should be a recycle bin for restoring false deleted routes.

Thanks
Wolf.

Logistics

here comes the next:

how is the fuzzy logic working when creating routes? in our tests the truck is send 100km longer way because timewindow for delivery is not fittet for 2 locations 200m away from each other. So both locations could be delivered if one location is delivered 10min later than the official time window for the price of 100km less driving.
Customer is requesting to get a warning if such situations are found... manual routing by his dispatchers sees this and handle it in a economic way (deliver 10 min later but save 100km driving)

Wolf.

Logistics

and the next:

if i plan the routing today for tomorrow and tomorrow someone calls or i need to add manualy a new job it is saved at the end of the route. if i move it to the top the time calculations are done again new but not the routing, so routing is done crazy if i change anything manualy.

how can we solve this?

Wolf.

Logistics

Hi GT

We have a customer who is a manufacturer. They want to manage their deliveries 1 month in advance. Some customers has 1 delivery per month, some 4 and some 10. It means that they deliver same order 10 times to one customer in some cases. It would be great if we can add an option in orders to tell system the repeat time of orders (permanent orders repeat every day). Another request related to this case is to plan deliveries for a month not for a day. Parameters which should be considered are: Maximum working time for a Unit/Driver, Maximum number of deliveries (some vehicles has limitation on number of deliveries). What you think?

Logistics

hello we have a customer that use some tool called  https://www.alethia.com.mx/  gives the visibility and certainty of the daily operation forr field staff in real time through an app and a web portal.
so they can create a kind of  Questionnaires, they capture in detail the information that is generated in the field activity .
the Questionnaires are created before and is a kind of fill out an application then at the end of the services they take pictures ,the sign, comments,
and they can generate a report email to the customer that the service is finished with the report inluded with the attach , like the sign, the photos. and the Questionnaire.

they are planning to migrate to logistics but they need to manage the questionarie and the final report.
is posible to do some to full the customer requirements 
thanks

Logistics

Hi GT

It's really great if you add possibility of inserting Name, Quantity, Unit Volume, Unit Weight and Unit Cost when creating orders, then system should calculate totals and do calculations based on totals. The idea is to have mentioned fields in history of each order and can execute report based on them. The best is the possibility to create a reference book for field Name.
Another function we believe is very interesting is to add different goods as an order. for better understanding of whole idea consider one customer order to a delivery company below list:

Name of Good          Quantity          Unit Volume          Unit Weight          Unit Cost

Good #1                   5                      1                            2                          50

Good #2                   7                      3                            1                          80

So the order contain 2 different goods which should be delivered to one customer. System will calculate Totals:

Total Quantity          12
Total Volume            (5x1)+(7x3)= 26
Total Weight             (5x2)+(7x1)= 17
Total Cost                 (5x50)+(7x80)=810

Then do calculations based on Totals.

This feature will be useful specially when you want to integrate Logistics with Sales Software of delivery/distribution companies. They will push each customer's orders as Order to Logistics and each invoice (or each row of invoices) will be a row in Logistics Order.

Other partners please share your valuable opinions...

Logistics

i think there must be a more flexible way of calculating such things. every customer needs different solution on calculation...

Logistics

wwbusch aka Buwo worte:

i think there must be a more flexible way of calculating such things. every customer needs different solution on calculation...

May you explain more about what you have in your mind?

Logistics

I have a customer who has already been doing their route planning using a Route Planning software.  They can export a CSV file of this.  Their output contains the truck number or truck ID already.  They would like to be able to import this file into Logistics but they don't want to have to do double work of assigning the Orders to trucks in Logistics since the Route Planning software already does it. 

Anyone have any experience with importing Orders into Logistics with the truck or vehicle already assigned in the CSV to be imported?

Logistics

Here's also useful blog about blockchain in logistics I can't find such topic on your forum, so I would like to place it here.
Does anyone have any examples from real life?

Logistics

Good evening dear,

I have a question about Logistics, I comment:

First we create an order in the Logistics web app and attach a file as an attachment (Pdf, Excel or others).

Now, in the Logistics Mobile application, I open and I can see the order with a delivery note, but imagine that I have to change certain things of that delivery note, for example, I need to add more material or more concepts that have arisen while I am with the client.
I see that the step of editing a document or shipped attached by the dispatcher could do it with applications to edit PDF, Excel or others, but I do not have the possibility to attach said edited albaran and send it to my office with the changes that I needed to make while I was with the client.
Logistics software only supports loading an image but does not support loading a file or document as the case presented in the example?

It is important that you comment, because there are several clients that will use the Logistics application whenever they can edit a delivery note and send it to the dispatcher and this to the accounting department to issue the invoice with the corrections made by the operator, otherwise they tell me it will not be useful for them. Orders may vary when they arrive at the customer and the operators must be able to attach said delivery notes (files) and send them to the dispatcher.

Can you tell me, please, if at any time Logistics Mobile will be able to upload a file or document?

I hope to have explained the concern that customers have about the application. I imagine that other partners have similar experiences with their customers and add to this update requested by our customers.

Thank you

Regards,

Logistics

Hi ,

Any possibility to add below columns to logistics report ?

+ Actual Wait time ( At each delivery point)
+ Departure time  ( From each delivery point)

Sint

Logistics

Hello

Idea from customer.

They need to visualise cargo area something like this.
http://www.easycargo3d.com/es/planifica … -cargo.png

Logistics

Here are some client ideas from last week’s meetings.

1. Barcode reading option for driver app. Where you can take the signature and picture, the client would like to see 4-th option and that’s barcode scanner.

Currently logistics can see that let's say 10 packages are assigned to the driver but logistics can’t see did the driver actually scanned 10 packages and put them into the truck or maybe driver left some packages to the warehouse and started the delivery route.

When driver picks barcode option then there are 2 options – pickup and delivery. If he is picking up the package he will scan the barcode and the information is updated to logistics view and assured that the package is picked up from warehouse by the driver.

The second time the driver picks barcode option he takes the delivery option and scans the barcode when the package is delivered. Logistics will see what time the package was scanned in the warehouse (picked up) and what time it was delivered.

2. Signature for client document. Currently signature option opens “paint” screen and you can give signature by drawing on the screen. Basically client is giving signature but he does not see what he is signing.

For example the washing machine was delivered. So the client can upload their own invoices or proof of delivery documents and the client will sign the document.

Currently the client is giving signature but he does not see what he is signing. Was it a washing machine or something else that he confirms that he got with signature? The signature would need to go to the client document and saved in the system.

Sample here: https://blog.webnersolutions.com/wp-con … second.png

The electrical company, for example, needs to have the option to delete or add items, like 100m cable was installed and if the client asks to install 2 extra lamps the technician can add that to the uploaded document or in form on spot and take the signature that 100 m cable was installed and also 2 additional lamps were added and now client signs the document.

Logistics

Hello

Different clients need to upload their own Proof of delivery (POD) documents. Every company has their own form, some drivers need to write text to blank rows, some technicians have to tick the options what was done and these documents signed by the client and sent with attachment to logistics.

Every single client asks: "Can we upload our own Proof of delivery (POD) documents"

Logistics

Agree with you,

CarCops Autovalve пишет:

Hello

Different clients need to upload their own Proof of delivery (POD) documents. Every company has their own form, some drivers need to write text to blank rows, some technicians have to tick the options what was done and these documents signed by the client and sent with attachment to logistics.

Every single client asks: "Can we upload our own Proof of delivery (POD) documents"

Sint

Logistics

Hi Riko and Yasintha! CarCops Autovalve, ysv

Thanks a lot for your request.

No matter what format (checked checkboxes in the list, filled in form, text) does the proof of delivery document possess, it will always be a file of some format.

Let us figure out this particular use case of Logisitics Mobile:

1) The driver comes to a client, gives them the order.

2) The driver fills in the proof of delivery document, the template of which is located on the mobile phone. (Is my understanding correct here? Or do they fill in the template of POD document on paper?)

3) If point two is correct, the driver saves the filled in template on the mobile phone.

4) The driver wants to upload it in the application when approving the order.

Is the described use case valid? Do drivers usually have all templates of POD documents on their phones? Can their be a case when the fiil in both paper documents and e-documents?

I appreciate your answers to have a better idea of what is requested.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Logistics

Dear Mariya ,

Im writing based on some user cases Ive heard from clients, maybe this could be different for other partners requirements

1) The driver comes to a client, gives them the order.  - Yes

2) The driver fills in the proof of delivery document, the template of which is located on the mobile phone. (Is my understanding correct here? Or do they fill in the template of POD document on paper?)
It could be that the driver do POD on hard paper take picture and upload , or able to fill a template on Logistics app itself (long shot?) ,  logistics app allows to include a URL to an online template / allow to attach and PDF file.

4) The driver wants to upload it in the application when approving the order.  - Yes

It is also important to download the files drivers uploaded including the customer's signature.

mars пишет:

Hi Riko and Yasintha! CarCops Autovalve, ysv

Thanks a lot for your request.

No matter what format (checked checkboxes in the list, filled in form, text) does the proof of delivery document possess, it will always be a file of some format.

Let us figure out this particular use case of Logisitics Mobile:

1) The driver comes to a client, gives them the order.

3) If point two is correct, the driver saves the filled in template on the mobile phone.

4) The driver wants to upload it in the application when approving the order.

Is the described use case valid? Do drivers usually have all templates of POD documents on their phones? Can their be a case when the fiil in both paper documents and e-documents?

I appreciate your answers to have a better idea of what is requested.

Sint

Logistics

Hi Yasintha! ysv

From the feedback that you provided I can make the following conclusions:

1) driver can take picture and upload it;

2) driver can fill in a template in Logistics;

3) driver can insert a link to an online template;

4) driver can attach PDF files.

Point 1 and 3 are already presented in the application. Point 2 does not seem to be a working solution as these templates are pretty custom depending on the business and the region.

So it seems that request of handling any type of POD documents narrows down to only an ability to attach PDF files?

Could you share your opinion on this?

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Logistics

Here are some client comments after testing logistics for some weeks:

1. Not possible to change for example address on client if delivery address is changing
2. If delivery number 12 is cancelled, then it’s not possible to delete that job, can mark only rejected and then it’s confusing for driver when 11 jobs are with status skipped
3. Driver forgot to insert comment. Even logistics can’t add the comment and client can’t do the invoices because they are based on comments.
4. Driver by accident confirmed job number 4. Driver or logistics cant reverse it and again problem with inserting comments because all fields are locked.
5. Customer have pickup point and drop-off for same client and can’t make it as one job and they have to currently make 2 different jobs. Would be nice feature to add pickup and drop-off address for same job.

Basically client comment – not flexible logistics system, because can’t change things as they need and system does not feel responsive and easy to use.

Constantly making copies of jobs are even more confusing because you can’t delete the old jobs.
Good logistics system but still many things can be done better buy clients opinion.

Logistics

Hello CarCops Autovalve!

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

1. Not possible to change for example address on client if delivery address is changing

Сould you tell me how often the addresses change?

What should Logistics do if the address changes?
For example, an order can be moved to the end of a route.
I think it will be incorrect to re-optimize a route and place an order in the middle of the route, as the driver is late for other orders. Could you share your opinion on this?

Who should change the address? driver or dispatcher?

2. If delivery number 12 is cancelled, then it’s not possible to delete that job, can mark only rejected and then it’s confusing for driver when 11 jobs are with status skipped

What do you think, if, when order number 12 is rejected, the previous orders are not in the "skipped" status, will this solve this problem?

3. Driver forgot to insert comment. Even logistics can’t add the comment and client can’t do the invoices because they are based on comments.

4. Driver by accident confirmed job number 4. Driver or logistics cant reverse it and again problem with inserting comments because all fields are locked.

If the "comment" field in the web version in the order edition dialog is unlocked for completed orders, will this solve the problem?
Which solution do you think would be best?

5. Customer have pickup point and drop-off for same client and can’t make it as one job and they have to currently make 2 different jobs. Would be nice feature to add pickup and drop-off address for same job.

We have already added this request to the backlog.
We will think about how we can solve this problem!

We will be glad to hear opinions and ideas on the implementation of this request from you and other forum participants!

Thanks again!

Anton Voitenko,
Wialon Logistics Product Manager, Gurtam

Logistics

Hello Voan

1. If the address is changed then route should be optimized again, because one job is disappearing and new is appearing. Yes currently new order is added at the end of route were you can move it manually – that’s fine. But its confusing for driver and logistics that they can’t remove jobs that are canceled or address is changed. Logistics is in constant change and the program should be flexible enough so client can change it according to the changes in their orders.
Address should be changed by dispatch and clients feel the same that one person should have full control but yes in some cases if there is now dispatch in smaller company then driver can change the address as well.

2. Yes that would solve the problem if previous 11 orders are not in the "skipped" status. But if you will make it possible to delete or modify existing orders it would be even better and then you don’t need to solve the "skipped" status issue.

4. If the "comment" field in the web version in the order edition dialog is unlocked for completed orders, that will solve the problem. Plus dispatch should have rights to make job active again if its marked done by driver accidently picking wrong job on the list.

5. MOST IMPORTANT pickup point and drop-off point
Client have been asking constantly this for 2 years.
Currently if you run warehouse and 20 delivery points then program is very good, but not all logistics run the same way.

Imagine client have 10 pickup points and 10 drop-off points and we enter them all in the current program – it would be a mess. Program would recommend to drop-off package number 7 because its nearest, but program don’t understand that the package number 7 is not actually picked up yet.

That’s why clients need pickup point and drop-off point added to same job so your algorithm could help the dispatch to figure out the right route with seconds.

Logistics

Hello, CarCops Autovalve

Thanks for your answers!

We've added your requests to the list of possible tasks.
Your requests reflect extensive experience in using the application and we'll take them into account in the further development of our product.
We will evaluate the possibility of implementation both in the fourth quarter and next year

The cases that you described in point 5 are quite common.
We have received requests to add pickup & delivery.
And this increases the importance of this functionality.

With your help, we have made progress in understanding current issues.
We will definitely contact you before developing this functionality!

Anton Voitenko,

Logistics

Hello

Logistic app can be used for much more then delivery.  One way is to search new client on the road, but for this to work efficiently, nice option would be that Driver have the option to add new Order .
List of old client can be made but when he see on a road potential  client he can visit it, add order and add comment .

That would be cool feature.

Best regards

Logistics

Hi Gurtam Team ,

I would like to suggest below enhancements in Logistics app.

Notifications -
SMS/Email notifications to all the delivery points in the route to notify the recipients that the order dispatched from the Warehouse ,many of our customers want this feature to keep their customers(order recipients) updated from the point that the order (vehicle) left from Warehouse.

Load Planning
possibility to show only the most suitable vehicles which can carry the volume of selected orders , also the  feature not to show vehicles which are already used in (active / planned) routes.

Sint

Logistics

Good day, ysv!

We have already added your requests to the list.
As I wrote earlier, the requested functionality is interested and we will analyze the possibility of implementation.
First of all, we need to get more information about these functions and understand how it is popular with other users.

We will inform you if the status of this request changes!

Thank you, ysv!

Anton Voitenko,

Logistics

This ability would be good as some of our customers using Logistics app would ideally want to notify ALL customers/recipients at the start of the day/route that their delivery has "left" the warehouse and is en-route to them. Maybe also adding a Locator link.

While others are happy for their recipients to be updated when they are the next delivery and provide a Locator link to enable them to live track.

Some would like both options so that the customer is kept well informed, and will ensure that the recipient will be at the location to take the delivery. 

This additional option ysv highlights will be brilliant addition in the improvement of Logistics app. smile

Onwards and Upwards!!

Logistics

It should work like the "Custome Fields" that you recently implemented.

First row - Client who made the order so later you can send an invoice
Second row - pickup address
Third row - drop-off point
Fourth - drop-off point (if there is 2 or more drop-off points related to this order)

Logistics

I think it might require to think about " load planing" if you need to  do "pickup"  , app should  show the available space in truck so operators will know
if there's enough space in the truck to accommodate the "pickup" package

CarCops Autovalve пишет:

Fourth - drop-off point (if there is 2 or more drop-off points related to this order)

Sint

Logistics

Good day, dear partners!

"SMS/Email notifications to all the delivery points in the route to notify the recipients that the order dispatched from the Warehouse."

We have realized that this option will be useful to many partners and clients. smile

We will definitely take into account your opinions and evaluate the possibility of implementation!

Anton Voitenko,

Logistics

ysv:
I think it might require to think about " load planing" if you need to  do "pickup"  , app should  show the available space in truck so operators will know
if there's enough space in the truck to accommodate the "pickup" package

CarCops Autovalve:

I think this mode should be taken into account by the route optimization algorithm.
Thus, the user should be able to set the visit interval of both pickup point and delivery point.

And also the algorithm should take into account the weight and dimensions of the cargo and other planning settings.

Moreover, it should be possible to visit other points (points of other customers) between pickup and delivery point.

Anton Voitenko,

Logistics

Hi All,

We are looking at the logistics app as a solution for 2 of our clients for their delivery services. We propose the idea of being able to use Post codes in place of full addresses as a more efficient and accurate way of the route planner to calculate the destination of a delivery.

I know that in the UK and Ireland postal codes are the primary way for most other logistic solution software to plan routes and find locations.

Logistics

Few more client ideas

1. If the client uploads invoice or whatever document to the job, then it would be possible to add the attachment also for the client notification e-mail. For example, your goods have been delivered and the invoice attached. Currently, e-mail notification is sent without attachment and the client has to send invoices manually as a second e-mail. The invoice was attached to the job but currently, there is no option to send it to the end customer as an automatic e-mail.

2. Client enters his e-mail in logistics, but if e-mail notifications are sent to his client then they arrive from our main account email. Your support recommended creating a separate billing plan and yes it works as temp solution but we don't want to have 100+ billing plans and take away the flexibility from clients to change their own e-mail senders. Question - what is the purpose of adding e-mail in logistics if it does not act as the sender?

Logistics

Good day, CarCops !

1. We note this request, thank you!
As I think, the user should somehow choose which file should be sent to the client, because some files may be for internal use.
The user should also be able to send these files when the email notification type is selected.

2. The client's notifications are duplicated to the mail that is selected on the Logistics interface.
Logistics

We will evaluate the ability to enter the name of the mailbox that should be the sender.
It seems to me that the implementation requires the ability to bind a mail address to a resource.

• Logistics
Anton Voitenko,

Logistics

Hello Gurtam

Few more client ideas

1. Drag and Drop option. The client has 10 active pickup routes on the dashboard and they need the option to drag and drop one car pickup to the second car route and vice versa. Currently, everything is locked and not flexible for clients to change jobs between cars instantly. The client showed and he has this option on odder route planning software.

2. Same example client has 10 active pickup routes in progress and comes new order. The client enters it into the job list, but its very time consuming to find manually the right car that this pickup suits the best by location and time. The client's idea was that if a job comes in then your software will recommend on which car (existing route)  this job suits best. Maybe 2-3 options and then logistics picks manually where he thinks it suits the best.

Logistics

Good day, CarCops!

1) At the 3rd planning step, the user has the ability to drag orders from route to route.
Active routes do not have this option because it is assumed that the route has already been created at the planning stage. Also, when active routes change, delivery intervals and limits may be violated.
In the near future, improvements in this direction are not planned, because the application logic is structured differently and it will take time to change it.
However, we will collect information, analyze, and continue to monitor such requests.

2) This request is related to the previous one and also depends on the logic of our system.

These requests will make the application more flexible, however, we need to analyze this functionality in detail, and also determine how much priority it is.
Thanks so much for many good requests!
Thanks to the feedback, we can understand how to develop our product better!

Anton Voitenko,

Logistics

Hello Gurtam

Client want to make a notification for the next day, that their clients will get e-mails/sms in the morning 8:00 with information on what time the package is delivered today.
> Like your pacake will come 11
> your pacake will come 12
> your pacake will come 13
> and so on for 50 orders.

What is the best type of massage. Currently, we could not find such a notification for the client.

Logistics

Hello CarCops Autovalve !
We plan to add the ability to send notifications to ALL customers with information about planned delivery time.
Notifications will be sent when the route changes status from "Planned" to "Active"

Will this improvement solve your problem?

Currently, you can use "Order on the way" notification.
This notification will be sent when the previous order goes to the visited status.

Anton Voitenko,

Logistics

Here are some clients recommendations:

1. Custom fields entered values should be remembered by the program and offer those values if client next time wants to write something there. Alternatively might think of option to make dropdown menu with options predefine by user

2. Pressing F5 map zooms always to Germany

3. Client needs to see count of stops. If he has 100 orders and 30 places to deliver them it would be crucial info to logistics that there is 100 orders and 30 stops.

4. If there is pickup job on one car and logistics seeing that second car is much closer it’s very easy to drag and drop the job to new drivers route and let him know by chat. Currently drag/drop function does not exist if routes are done. It’s frustrating for logistics to make copy and mark job as skipped -  and with skipping is bigger issue

5. If 7-th job is skipped let’s say order was cancelled, then 6 previous jobs are shown also as skipped, so it’s very confusing to driver and logistics. In setting its set that visiting clients are arbitrary but still if one is skipped then all previews jobs status are also changed.

6. Scrolling 300+ jobs then its lagging big time

7. Customer have pickup point and drop-off for same client and can’t make it as one job and they have to currently make 2 different jobs. Would be nice feature to add pickup and drop-off address for same job. Sometimes the job is 3-5 addresses for one client like 4 pickup points and 1 drop-off  point. The address rows should be possible to add like custom fields as many as needed.

Logistics

Hi CarCops Autovalve
1. How many custom fields does the customer have? Usually, most users create orders using import. The task looks difficult to implement ...
2. You can select the default point on the map in the Hosting settings (Screenshot)
Logistics
3. We have already seen this functionality. Could you give examples where this functionality can be useful?
4. We plan to work on adding more flexibility to the app.
First, we plan to add the ability to add multiple orders to a route, remove orders from routes with re-optimization.
We also plan to add the ability to drag and drop orders at 3rd planning step using the map.
We will also think about adding the ability to drag orders from route to route.

Could you tell me, when users drag and drop orders from route to route, they should be re-optimized?

6. we'll try to fix it
7. We are analyzing the possibility of adding order types: delivery, pickup, pickup and delivery.
When choosing the pickup and delivery type, the user will be able to specify several pickup points and one delivery point.
In the planning table, these will be separated orders, but they will have the same group number.
When optimizing, the pickup points will be visited first, and then the delivery point.

Will these improvements solve clients' problems?

• Logistics
Anton Voitenko,

Logistics

(15/03/2021 22:25:36 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello voan, I have visited a client where order types would be very usefull, because they carry out collections and deliveries.

We are analyzing the possibility of adding order types:

1. He asked if there was some way to differentiate both of them in colors, for example, and grouping them separately in the reports.
2. Another thing he asked me was to be able to send audio recordings like whatsapp in the chat, because if they have to talk to the driver, it won't be able to text.
3. Another thing that would facilitate creating orders was a page for registering the clients. We have in Nimbus a place to create the stops and inside Hecterra a place to create the fields. I really think that creating clients with every fields filled (for example e-mail that is used for notifications) would facilitate to have all the data from the client in the orders. I've discussed here with mapa.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Logistics

1. Client needs to make geozones and attach to every geozone one truck. Now if he imports hundreds of jobs and some are in this geo-zone then logistics can crate routes easer based on geozones and optimize the route in that geozone/region.

2. If client is saved as permanent then client needs to mark that this client is server Monday and Friday. If that is marked then this job appears on calendar every Monday and Friday. Sequins is very important like for trash company’s or regular delivery clients who don’t want to upload file or use API and wants to crate jobs inside logistics.
Templates are nice but still don’t solve the sequins issue if the delivery is happening once or twice a week.

Logistics

Hello Voan

1. Yes it's hard and solving hard things are what gives your company a competitive edge wink Hint - odder logistics providers have done it so yes its hard but it's not impossible.
2. Solved thanks
3. Planning jobs and understanding the workload is crucial for logistics
4. Yes drag and drop are very important and yes re-optimation is a required option.
7. order types: delivery, the pickup would solve the problem

Logistics

Hello Gurtam

The client has 10 vans and they start every day from the same warehouse. That's side is fine, but every driver takes the van home at the end of the working day. So how a client can mark every van driver living place as the final warehouse?
If the last warehouse is not picked then the logistics program will send a driver for the last job odder side of the city and then he has to drive home for long time and spend the pointless amount of fuel and miles.

If the last warehouse is his home address then the logistics program will consider it to optimate route.

The client uploads 200 jobs and picks 10 vans. How to solve the last warehouse issue that needs to be drivers home

Logistics

Hello Fernando Brochetto !

1. He asked if there was some way to differentiate both of them in colors, for example, and grouping them separately in the reports.

Yes, the order types can be differentiated.
We will think about how we can implement this.

2. Another thing he asked me was to be able to send audio recordings like whatsapp in the chat, because if they have to talk to the driver, it won't be able to text.

So far we are not planning to improve the chat. There are third-party solutions that have more functionality. Also, now our task is to make the application more flexible and "teach" the optimization algorithm to solve more planning problems.

3. Another thing that would facilitate creating orders was a page for registering the clients. We have in Nimbus a place to create the stops and inside Hecterra a place to create the fields. I really think that creating clients with every fields filled (for example e-mail that is used for notifications) would facilitate to have all the data from the client in the orders. I've discussed here with mapa.

Yes, this is a really useful feature. But so far we are focused on solving other problems.

Thank you, Fernando!

Anton Voitenko,

Logistics

Hello CarCops Autovalve!

1. Client needs to make geozones and attach to every geozone one truck. Now if he imports hundreds of jobs and some are in this geo-zone then logistics can crate routes easer based on geozones and optimize the route in that geozone/region.

We are analyzing the possibility of adding this functionality. I see the following solution:
units can be attached to geofences. (geofences that are created in Hosting)
If a unit is assigned to a geofence, then only those orders that are within the geofence can be assigned to it. Routes will not be created automatically. Routes will be created in the same way as now.
Will this solve the problem?

2. If client is saved as permanent then client needs to mark that this client is server Monday and Friday. If that is marked then this job appears on calendar every Monday and Friday. Sequins is very important like for trash company’s or regular delivery clients who don’t want to upload file or use API and wants to crate jobs inside logistics.
Templates are nice but still don’t solve the sequins issue if the delivery is happening once or twice a week.

The request has already been analyzed. smile
Could you tell me why the user does not solve his problems with tags?
The user can create tags with each day of the week and assign the corresponding tags to the permanent order (for example, Monday, Friday)

Anton Voitenko,

Logistics

CarCops Autovalve
The client has 10 vans and they start every day from the same warehouse. That's side is fine, but every driver takes the van home at the end of the working day. So how a client can mark every van driver living place as the final warehouse?

This request has also been analyzed. smile

First, we plan to make our application more flexible and add functionality to solve many planning cases.

CarCops Autovalve, Fernando Brochetto
We'll definitely get back to discussing customer profiles and the final point for each driver a bit later

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Anton Voitenko,

Logistics

1. Skipped orders status is a big problem. Driver drives pass from the last order and suddenly logistics sees that all orders are skipped. Nobody understands what going on not the driver and not the logistics. The skipped status should be fixed or delete at all.

2. Client has trucks and there is the center of the city and tunnels and bridges that he needs to be avoided. It would be a good idea to add geo zones with restrictions that the logistic program would understand to avoid those areas.

Real-life example. Town has 4 bridges that truck cant pass and logistics currently telling the driver to drive over all of those bridges back and forward to get the best mileage. In real life, the driver has to serve the client from one side of the river first and then the client's another side of the river because there is only one bridge he can use.

Logistics

In logistics, if the client has 10 users (logistics) then where they can see which logistic entered which job?

Point is that if there is some problem, then they know who is responsible for this order

Logistics

Hello CarCops Autovalve!

Skipped orders status is a big problem. Driver drives pass from the last order and suddenly logistics sees that all orders are skipped. Nobody understands what going on not the driver and not the logistics. The skipped status should be fixed or delete at all.

We will think about how it can be improved, thank you!

Client has trucks and there is the center of the city and tunnels and bridges that he needs to be avoided. It would be a good idea to add geo zones with restrictions that the logistic program would understand to avoid those areas.

We are analyzing the possibility of adding services that have routing for trucks, for example, Here.
I think this will solve the problem.

In logistics, if the client has 10 users (logistics) then where they can see which logistic entered which job?
Point is that if there is some problem, then they know who is responsible for this order

Do you mean a log that will display all actions on the order? For example, who created the order and at what time, who created the route with this order, which driver was assigned, etc.?

Anton Voitenko,

Logistics

1. If the client has attached an invoice or some odder document to order. Then sends automatic e-mail notification that order is delivered. The client needs that the attached document would be also sent to the client. Currently, that option is missing.

Currently, the client has to send 2 e-mails. One automatic notification that goods are delivered and then one manual e-mail with attachment.