Calulation of estimated time of arrival (ETA)

Тема: Calulation of estimated time of arrival (ETA)

Hello,

We would like to offer a feature that displays the ETA of vehicles at a location/POI based on historic data. Has anybody initiated such initiative before or can give some directions?

Initially in a form of a report, but if possible have it displayed on a monitor in a public area (like arrivals of planes at the airport).

Bart

MAXXfleet Superior Vehicle Tracking and Fleet Management
We are specialized in Mobile Asset Tracking and Monitoring • Satellite Tracking and Communication • Vessel Monitoring • Container Tracking • Control Room and Corporate Telematics Services

Re: Calulation of estimated time of arrival (ETA)

I think, you have to:
1. calculate ETA
2. display it somewhere

Ad 1. I don't really know if Wialon has such feature, I guess not. So you need to do it with a help of a third-party library. The most libraries will cost money. I've used one. It was based on ALK CoPilot. I think Google Maps can also have such service. Maybe OpenStreetMap or some OSM libraries can also do something like this.

Ad 2. Also you should choose the platform you want to use. Possible choices can be:
- "native"  OS application (e.g. Windows). It is also possible to use RaspberryPi with Android or Linux on it.
- Java Applicaiton
- Web-Application
- maybe something else?

Hi - there is ETA already in the system - in a special tool and for limited usage but that's only a start - please, have a look here - http://docs.gurtam.com/en/hosting/user/tools/nearest (choose Gurtam Maps, in result will be ETA to a selected point)

Hello
Has anybody made progress in this topic about showing on different screen the eta of vehicles much like in an airport? Thanks

South East Asia

Google has a functionality to calculate driving time. Is there a way to add this Google feature to get the ETA?

MAXXfleet Superior Vehicle Tracking and Fleet Management
We are specialized in Mobile Asset Tracking and Monitoring • Satellite Tracking and Communication • Vessel Monitoring • Container Tracking • Control Room and Corporate Telematics Services

as i remember: if you have a paid valid google maps api key and gurtam integrate it for you you can choose in ETA functions which provider should be used... Gurtam or Google.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post