➤ CalAmp

(19/02/2015 16:15:01 отредактировано shev)

Тема: ➤ CalAmp

CalAmp F.A.Q.

Topics: | LMU-300 >> | LMU2720 >> | LMU 4225 >> | LMU-700 >> |

Description (Tracking And Telemetry Devices): | ATU-620 | LMU-1100 | TTU-700 | TTU-1200 | TTU-2820 |

Description (Fleet Tracking Units): | LMU-300 | LMU-400 | LMU-700 | LMU-800 | LMU-900 | LMU-1100 | LMU-1200 | LMU-2000 | LMU-2100 | LMU-2600 | LMU-2700 | LMU-3030 | LMU-4200 | LMU-4520 | LMU-5000 | MDT-7 |

Manuals / Instructions:

Useful information:

Dear friends, if you have any additional materials for the Calamp devices, please don't hesitate to add materials.
Best regards,
Evgeny Shatilo
Gurtam HW Development Team Lead

➤ CalAmp

Re: ➤ CalAmp

Hey hi..
Sounds awesome to me.
Can you send me the script (my mail id is gokulsreedhar91@gmail.com). Also how to get access to puls?? I checked online but nuhtin came up.
Thanks again.

➤ CalAmp

hello, please check your inbox

--
Spread the AVL- World

➤ CalAmp

Hello,

I have got access to puls wiki and I am going through the documentation.
I have a few doubts and it would be really helpful if you could guide me on the same. (PS  My hardware has been shipped and will be arriving soon. smile)

1)To set GPIO 1 as an output and GPIO 2 as an input you would use:
AT$APP PARAM 1024,39,1,1
AT$APP PARAM 1024,39,2,0
Or you could use the single command of
ATS157 = 1---------------------------this should be ATS159 as the ID is 39???? right????

2) Restoring values through a power cycle
The LMU is capable of storing some of its values to nonvolatile memory so that they can be restored after a power cycle. The following values may be stored:
The values of all 16 or 32 Accumulators (since 25d in LMU3000)---------------------what does 25d mean here?? is it 25 in decimal?? I find it difficul to understand this part.
The states of all 16 or 32 PEG Flags (since 25d in LMU32 family)

Also, Can you guys suggest me an easy way to start learning how to script..Like are there any short cuts to learn this stuff.. Any help would be appreciated.

➤ CalAmp

gokulsreedhar91  Calamp devices are very complicated that's why there are no easy ways to configure it.
All manuals you can download from yuor PULS account.
Also I suggest you to use "Calamp LMU manager" for configuration instead of AT commands..

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

➤ CalAmp

hi..Thanks yavi..
I am also having trouble typing anything into my hyper- terminal.
Can I type inside the terminal only after i get the device connected. I know it makes no sense but I just want to see what kind of error i get if I try to communicate from an hyperterminal without the LMU.
But the problem is I am not able to enter anything!!

➤ CalAmp

gokulsreedhar91 You should connect device at first.
You can't do anything without connection.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

➤ CalAmp

gokulsreedhar91 пишет:

Hello,

I have got access to puls wiki and I am going through the documentation.
I have a few doubts and it would be really helpful if you could guide me on the same. (PS  My hardware has been shipped and will be arriving soon. smile)

1)To set GPIO 1 as an output and GPIO 2 as an input you would use:
AT$APP PARAM 1024,39,1,1
AT$APP PARAM 1024,39,2,0
Or you could use the single command of
ATS157 = 1---------------------------this should be ATS159 as the ID is 39???? right????

2) Restoring values through a power cycle
The LMU is capable of storing some of its values to nonvolatile memory so that they can be restored after a power cycle. The following values may be stored:
The values of all 16 or 32 Accumulators (since 25d in LMU3000)---------------------what does 25d mean here?? is it 25 in decimal?? I find it difficul to understand this part.
The states of all 16 or 32 PEG Flags (since 25d in LMU32 family)

Also, Can you guys suggest me an easy way to start learning how to script..Like are there any short cuts to learn this stuff.. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello

1.-
Use PEG actions instead,  for SET Output 0

AT$APP PEG ACTION 8 0

To RESET Ouput 0

AT$APP PEG ACTION 9 0

2.-
25d means firmware version (actually 2.5d)

--
Spread the AVL- World

➤ CalAmp

Hi all,
I have received two LMU 3030 devices and I also have access to PULS wiki.
I would like to start by writing a small script on them (like GPS tracking, Ignition ON etc).
Can you suggest how I write a script for this.
Your help will be highly appreciated.

➤ CalAmp

gokulsreedhar91 you can set  logic of device, like an tracking, Ignition ON etc. with help of CalAmp LMU Manager. To understand how to work with LMU manager, please, read about it on CalAmp wiki (https://puls.calamp.com/wiki/LMU_Manager_User's_Guide_V8.3). We also can help you to set basic settings of device (APN,server,port etc), but for this, please, write to hw@gurtam.com. Thank you.  .

➤ CalAmp

Hello,

Having gone through the documentation to create a script, I find that, the main format of how to write a script file for a particular purpose is missing.
For Example: The LMU Manager’s User Guide has ‘The Programming cookbook’ incomplete.
The document however has examples but I feel that just Importing them will not help in understanding the subject.
It would be helpful if you could share some internal documents that could help me create my own scripts.

➤ CalAmp

gokulsreedhar91  We have no any internal documents.
Calamp is very complicated but functional tracker. It is impossible to learn it very fast. Nobody can explain you in a few words all nuances. We can create the basic script for Wialon only. But it will be only small part of all functions,

Please ask Calamp support about details of configuration.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

➤ CalAmp

please see on this post, there is a complete AT Script

--
Spread the AVL- World

➤ CalAmp

Hi,

We have a number of LMU-3030 OBDs in service with our customers and wondering if someone could shed some light on an issue we constantly have.

It seems that the device takes some time to lock on to signal and start taking data, example, it may take up to 5kms before it shows any tracking. It is noted when pulling reports and it doesn't send an Exit geofence because it exited well before the device was triggered. We only get Enter geofence when it returns to the office. I speak in this case one of our own vehicles - a BMW X5, all too often short trips (5km round trip) is not even recorded in tracking because it has not connected yet..

Our customers have a "basic" track and trace requirement so there are not complicated needs for diagnostics etc.

I have attached an image to show what I am speaking of.

Any assistance or insight would be very welcome, we are now trialing an alternative OBD device for us to use in place of the LMU-3030 for all future sales as we cannot seem to rely on this CalAmp device.

• ➤ CalAmp
Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

➤ CalAmp

(05/02/2017 06:54:20 отредактировано small_gprs)

it seem weird, as this device is very agresive in terms to connect to wireless network, in many ways you can add in your script a lot of peg action in order to force to release its buffer or  force to connect to network asap, can you share (pm) your script? i can take a look to see why your geo-fences logic doesn't work...

I have one 3030's in my current car and it never stops to send me alerts when RPM is too high or when i leave/arrive the  office or home. there are 2 Mega-Processor that always react in no time to monitoring conditions, but it depends mainly from how script was designed.

do you use HB mechanism? do you use low power techniques? there is alot of thing you can do to make it very very reliable tracker...

--
Spread the AVL- World

➤ CalAmp

small_gprs пишет:

CDMX

Thanks small_gprs, we have the CalAmp agents here in Australia configure for us when we purchase them.

We have been going back and forth with them and the latest config change has been to turn off the device filtering - they think it might be the issue and too aggressive.

We put it to a small test on Saturday to see if it made any difference and it is now tracking as it should be.

They also changed the ignition config so am not sure which change made the difference, although it is now seemingly working as we would expect, however will continue to monitor to confirm.

Cheers.

Onwards and Upwards!!

➤ CalAmp

Hi everyone, can do you help me with a script for my LMU 2630 tank you

➤ CalAmp

http://avl.hobby-site.org/blog/?p=82

--
Spread the AVL- World

➤ CalAmp

Looking for some help with setting up of unit sensors, within unit settings for CalAmp.

We have the units scripted for us and the event codes for basics are as below, how do we set up a sensor to show Ignition on/off?

Thanks.

Event Codes they used:

IGNITION_ON        2
IGNITION_OFF        3
PERIODIC/DISTANCE    0
START MOVING        60
STOP MOVING        61
SPEED ABOVE THRESH    12
SPEED BELOW THRESH    13
10_MINS_AFTER_POWERUP    5
BATTERY_LOW        99

Onwards and Upwards!!

➤ CalAmp

Good day!

Could you please write to hw@gurtam.com. At letter please, indicate your question and device ID. Thank you.

➤ CalAmp

FleetPursuit пишет:

Looking for some help with setting up of unit sensors, within unit settings for CalAmp.

We have the units scripted for us and the event codes for basics are as below, how do we set up a sensor to show Ignition on/off?

Thanks.

Event Codes they used:

IGNITION_ON        2
IGNITION_OFF        3
PERIODIC/DISTANCE    0
START MOVING        60
STOP MOVING        61
SPEED ABOVE THRESH    12
SPEED BELOW THRESH    13
BATTERY_LOW        99

those are events, what you need is to set up sensors, under unit properties click on tab sensors, there is a list with all data and parameters device sent

so by example to make an ignition sensor do the follow

➤ CalAmp

• ➤ CalAmp
--
Spread the AVL- World

➤ CalAmp

small_gprs пишет:
FleetPursuit пишет:

Thanks.

Event Codes they used:

IGNITION_ON        2
IGNITION_OFF        3
PERIODIC/DISTANCE    0
START MOVING        60
STOP MOVING        61
SPEED ABOVE THRESH    12
SPEED BELOW THRESH    13
BATTERY_LOW        99

those are events, what you need is to set up sensors, under unit properties click on tab sensors, there is a list with all data and parameters device sent

so by example to make an ignition sensor do the follow

➤ CalAmp

Thanks small_gprs,

The main issue with these Calamps is that 30 or so parameters for LMU303 and other models.Is there somewhere that advises us of which parameter does what? Otherwise it is a lot of time trial and error with all this units in service with customers.

The CalAmp agent who applied the script gave us these event codes to help us set up sensors.

Alaiksandr from Gurtam has since helped use by building some sensors for us for the LMU2600 devices we have. Now we need to work out the other models.

We gave up using Calamp and have only around 40 left in service, we find them to complex for scripting, too expensive for purchasing and noncompetitive.

Onwards and Upwards!!

➤ CalAmp

We already created sensors for other models too:)

➤ CalAmp

I can help in detailed events or parameters calamp sent, Duo Wialon+Calamp is best solution around, can be a little expensive due Calamp is built in USA real high quality , any way, good luck !

--
Spread the AVL- World

➤ CalAmp

small_gprs пишет:

I can help in detailed events or parameters calamp sent, Duo Wialon+Calamp is best solution around, can be a little expensive due Calamp is built in USA real high quality , any way, good luck !

Thanks, this would be of good value.

Agreed that CalAmp is a good solution but not when you are so easily priced out by competitors.

We have stopped using CalAmp now for 2 main reasons:

1. Yes, definitely because of the cost, e.g. in Aus they are approx $250 for LMU2620 far to expensive to be competitive even LMU720 similar!
2. Difficult to do scripting and to manage, additional cost to have scripting done for us.

We trialed some 18 months ago and only have approx. 40 with customers, with no real intention to sell any more as we have found more cost effective solutions where we can easily manage all configs ourselves, build sensors in Wialon easily and substantially less in cost to purchase. Giving us total control back.

Onwards and Upwards!!

➤ CalAmp

the price for the each unit is volume dependant, in America that model is sell around 100 usd and lowest each time, also you can use any brand supported by wialon, there is a lot out there, any of them need always time to learn,  good luck

--
Spread the AVL- World