Topic: GPS Tag iOS
I have a client that uses GPS Tag in over 200 Android phones, and a new client that will be connecting another 100 within 2 weeks. Both clients have asked for the same App for iPhones... Today I tested version 1.4 for iOS in my iPhone 6 with firmware 8.02, and would like to ask questions before allowing my clients to use the App.
1. Was it intentional to leave the Administarator Password out of the iOS version of GPS Tag....? The Android version allows us the ability to bar the driver from turning off the App when they are on the road by setting up ten Administrator Password. The iOS version does not have this feature, which limits the potential client market. Surely even the Passcode for the phone could act to block access. This lack of control will be a deal breaker with a large percentage of potential clients.
2. It is evident with the iOS version that satellite count and HDOP functions do not work when connecting a device to Wialon hosting. This functionality works with the Android version, but not with the iPhone version. I sent the information to Gurtam Support, and they suggested to note it on the forum. I tried setting up a sensor for Satellite count, and used the sats for the parameter, but unfortunately it displayed that I had 255 satellites in view..... Yeah right.
3. I have noticed that when I turn the App off, and then on again..... In most cases it will not connect to the server again. The only way to connect with the server again is to close the App totally, and restart it. This is done by pressing the iPhone button twice and clearing the App. This bug is a real issue that destroys the stability of the App for the clients.
4. When using 'Track' in the App, I noticed that for the current days track I had to select 'Yesterday'. When I selected 'Today' it states that their is no data for the requested period.
5. The scheduling function in the Android version that allows us to define when the App switches on and off is missing from the iOS version... Again.... Was this intentional....?
You know that you have a serious App guys, but the above limit the potential clients.