Latitude/Longitude in reports

Тема: Latitude/Longitude in reports

Web-GIS is not rich on addresses for many regions of our country (Bangladesh). As a result, in different reports '-----' is appearing as 'location'. I know I can handle it through POIs & Geofences, but it is quite tough to cover all regions. Is it possible to get Latitude/Longitude in reports in case where neither Web-GIS address available, nor POI/Geofence defined?

Re: Latitude/Longitude in reports

Maruf, yes you need to provide vector map of your city/country to Wialon DC support team.

At the dark side of telematics...

The problem is not with the map... map is fine. Problem is... many regions have not enough addresses, particularly remote areas out of city. As a result, in PDF reports, we get '-----' instead of location name. In online report, it is not a problem; as i can click on cells with 'empty' locations & it takes me to that location on map. But in PDF reports, there exists no way to identify such locations appearing as '-----'. For only such cases where no address is available, you can put latitude/longitude of the place instead of '-----'. Then one with PDF report can at least identify the location. My query is, if there exists any option to print latitude/longitude in PDF reports for only such cases.

If no option available currently, you can seriously consider adding such option; it will be useful for all.

Maruf, I mean the same: if you will provide us with vector map of your region with address info thwen you will have these addresses in reports. Or you can at least edit OpenStreetMaps map, after a while its map data is copied into Wialon.

I understand, if I provide vector map with addresses, you will make those available in Wialon... fine.

Actually my query/need is very simple... just like to know if it is possible to print Latitude/Longitude instead of '-----' in location field of PFD reports.

Maruf, now it is not possible, but we will think about this option in reports.

Great! You have made Latitude/Longitude available in ‘Location’ column of reports.

Some little suggestions…

Now Lat/Long is printed as N 23° 58.2139' : E 90° 19.1810'. But if you put comma “,” instead of colon “:”, then we can paste it in http://maps.google.com/ to jump to that location. Otherwise we have to replace “:” with “,” for each. With “:” Google cannot understand the location.

Also you can consider printing in format N 23° 58' 12.83", E 90° 19' 10.86", its more readable.

Again, in PDF reports you can put it as Google Maps link like N 23° 58' 12.83", E 90° 19' 10.86"; so that we can just click to reach that location.