Required duplicate of unit

Тема: Required duplicate of unit

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with; is there a way to effectively have a duplicate of a unit (same UID) in any way?

Reason for asking:
I am looking to build a demo box that is able to show a range of capabilities, but these could overwhelm a user looking at Wialon as to all the possible sensor values. I am going to build in a function selector switch into the box to demo a particular function, such as one of the following:
1) simple driver ID with audio feedback,
2) advanced driver ID for use with non-captive, or RFID, driver ID systems, with audio and visual feedback,
3) MDVR interconnection and control,
4) panic button security system,
5) load area secure lock control,
6) full security system with the above.
If the potential customer were only interested in the driver ID, then they do not need to see everything else as sensor values, which could be in excess of 30 sensor values in total on the status of everything.

What I would like to know:
I know we can not re-use the same UID, but is there a way, or by using the retranslate (which I have tried to send the unit back into Wialon with a different UID before) that can allow the same unit, with usable commands, to exist as several units.

It is not 'mission critical' to have these separate units, it would just make the demo easier for the potential customer to see what is relevant to their enquiry.

It could also have a benefit to allow particular users to only see sensor values they have permissions for, as we have a genuine need to be able to have user based permissions to see dynamic security based sensor values that are coming in that only specific users should be allowed to see, where as others should only be able to see all the other sensors (please see my colleague Gabor's full explanation of what we are trying to do and why: https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php? … 37#p192837)

Re: Required duplicate of unit

Alasdair Graham пишет:

is there a way to effectively have a duplicate of a unit (same UID) in any way?

Yes, you can use retranslator. To send info from Wialon to Wialon you should write "hw.sig" in field "Server" (as it is shown on the picture).

Please notice the unit won't have the same ID, so you have to click on the unit in the right column and type new ID. Also unit type depends on the retranslation protocol.

3) MDVR interconnection and control

Video can't be retranslated now.

@ Oleg Zharkovsky
Customer Service / Quality Control and Training
"Timely is the best. But still better late than never."

Hi zark,

Thank you for giving a reply so quickly. I have been able to create a 'duplicate' unit in Wialon with this method, but I now wish to now if there is a way that the retranslated unit can be used to send a command to the original unit? If it helps, the unit is a Galileosky 7.0.

Alasdair Graham пишет:

I now wish to now if there is a way that the retranslated unit can be used to send a command to the original unit?

We expect the command to be send to one unit only.
Still there is a way to do it using a notification (maybe it will help). I've described it here.

@ Oleg Zharkovsky
Customer Service / Quality Control and Training
"Timely is the best. But still better late than never."