better automatic unbinding of BLE sensors

Тема: better automatic unbinding of BLE sensors

hi guys,

Problem:

we want to use "trailers" for asset tracking of containers. Truck holds 10-20 containers each equiped with a Bluetooth beacon. GPS Tracker is scanning for BLE ids and send it every 30 seconds to Wialon.
I can bind the containers as trailers to the tracker but can not unbind them when they are not received by the gps tracker as the tracker is not sending something like an "unbind code" and is also not sending empty values if BLE is not received anymore.
(example: 3 devices received, slot1=abcd, slot2=efgh, slot3=ijkl, truck is leaving container 1 with BLE ID=abcde, so after a few seconds next message send to Wialon with slot1=efgh, slot2=jikl).
The only way at the moment is to use a counter and then reset all trailers but this is working only if the truck is transporting not more than 1 BLE.

the same problem exists with all BLE beacons when using them for passengers or whatever as Wialon can not automaticaly detects "new ID´s" and "missing ID´S".

In the past you told me that "HW manufactor just needs to send unbind code" which is not so easy as HW manufactor told us "why we should send more data than nessessary" which is also true from my point of perspective.
In the past you told me that "HW manufactor just needs to send empty SlotID when its loosing a BLE" which is not so easy as HW manufactor told us "why we should send empty data, it just costs you a lot of data" which is also true from my point of view.

i got this working by "using a task for each message to unbind all trailers" but this is something you will not like (i am remembering some mails from you "you have 120.000 tasks just for switching units into some groups" which seemed to produce a big load on your servers.

Request:
add for our HW Manufactor a switch. if this is enabled, receiving script is having some array with for example max 100 (i am just thinking for passenger transport, kids transport with BLE devices and so on and so on). Device has max. 100 trailer sensors (or passenger sensors) as our HW manufactor send them as ble_minor1, ble_minor2 and so on and so on). For each "sensor" you have one slot in array. for each BLE beacon message where BLE_COUNT is not null you "overwrite" the array slots with actual ID and Bind the new Trailer/passenger AND OR unbind if old is not more existing. IF BLE_Count is null you unbind all trailers/passengers.
Voila, problem solved.

Users:
me (and hopefully all Wialon users that want to use BLE beacons for asset tracking or passenger tracking)

Potential Profit:
Trillions. No losses allowed.

Best regards
Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Re: better automatic unbinding of BLE sensors

ok, have to bring it to the top again :-))

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Re: better automatic unbinding of BLE sensors

Hello guys,

The same problem we have when we want to notify when a passenger gets in a bus or gets out. We are using beacons for each passenger, that is read by the GPS tracker installed in the bus. The problem is that Wialon Passenger Module was design for RFID cards logic. Every time it reads the card is an action of getting in or out the bus. Using beacons, everty time the GPS sends the info opf the beacons read, its an action of getting in and out the bus.
A solution like Wolf is suggesting for trailers, would apply for passengers using beacons instead of RFID cards.

Regards

Angelo Mosso

Angelo Mosso
CEO
GPS7000
Santiago, Chile