Disable GPS on specific places

Тема: Disable GPS on specific places

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any option where I can define an area to disable the GPS by SW.

Why?

devices send last position where was tested, factory, but I do not want clients to know the device is from China, Luthania or Somalia.

can be?

Locating things

Re: Disable GPS on specific places

cri cri cri cri cri cri cri

Locating things

Pablo, solution would be "test it in your office before shipping" ;-)
(so you can blame your customer if its not working)...

(but idea is nice!)

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Hello, I have a similar request.
One client wants that when he enters in a place, the system doesn't show anything about the unit in the reports, including GPS.

Why?
He works for the city halls and sometimes do jobs for himself, these one doesn't have to appear on the platform.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

yeah, there is a lot of cool oportunities... with such a function

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Hello, locationGPS, wwbusch aka Buwo, Fernando Brochetto

Sorry for a delayed reply!

Unfortunately we do not have data filtration based on geofences. But you could use digital sensor "Private mode" instead. https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/cms/ … es#digital.
It has property "Do not show unit location" https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/cms/ … sors/props. With such sensor (if it is enabled) all messages, created while the sensor is enabled, are displayed without GPS coordinates. Works for new messages only.

Another option is to delete messages. But the last message with the coordinates could not be deleted. But if the first message is from China and the second is from Minsk (or your test location) - then you could delete the first one.

Third option is that you could communicate with the tracker's manufacture team so that they provide you with the "clean" tracker.

Hope it helps

Please let me know if there are any other questions. Thank you!

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)

cri cri cri cri cri cri cri

Locating things

Hello mapa

Unfortunately we do not have data filtration based on geofences. But you could use digital sensor "Private mode" instead. https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/cms/ … es#digital.
It has property "Do not show unit location" https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/cms/ … sors/props. With such sensor (if it is enabled) all messages, created while the sensor is enabled, are displayed without GPS coordinates. Works for new messages only.

That's what we're using today. The client doesn't need the counter mileage:

01) we created a task to register the counter;
02) created a sensor "Private mode" based on the parameter that has been registered;
03) when the client want to enable the private mode, he change the counter to "1", when he wants to disable, changes to "0".

I think that wialon should allow us to have more flexibility (that we already have) with parameters, for example, creating an action from notifications that register a parameter, or even creating a task of parameter. I don't really know how many different places this could be used, but we could for example, set some intervals of which the vehicles would be in private mode easily with this function, with the task/action of notification + sensor.

• Disable GPS on specific places
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

a) Private mode not posible, this is too specific option for the feature and we are speaking about the 100%
b) We cannot do this manually as we are not just adding 10 devices per month
c) Provider will not do this "unless you pay XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX €" more

Any other option¿?

psd.: private mode give sthe coordinate in Gunea Gulf, this should be also filered as I see it s a mistake in teh development, from my point of view of course, adn also from my clients but of course, it is just a region and a partner who asks this andevelopers will say is the right thing.
just a little point to add

Thanks

Locating things