Take Account of Unit's Location: Nearest Unit

(edited by Fernando Brochetto 04/08/2020 21:16:41)

Topic: Take Account of Unit's Location: Nearest Unit

Hello,
We started using Logistics for gas delivery around the city.

Problem:
The orders comes randomly, the vehicles are always riding around the city randomly too. When a new order is generated, the client must select the nearest unit of the order location (by eye) because the app doesn't select automatically.

Solution:
Actually I don't see any reason for this not to be included by standard, but maybe creating a checkbox in the adjustments that the when selecting every unit to an order, the algorithm take into account the closest unit to the order location/warehouse, when distributing the orders.

Users:
This improvement will prevent the orders to be generated for vehicles far away from the order's location. Fuel, mileages... will be saved.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Re: Take Account of Unit's Location: Nearest Unit

Hello, Fernando Brochetto!

Thank you for the great suggestion!

Indeed, there are cases when vehicles always drive around the city in a random order.

If the algorithm will take into account the nearest unit to the place / warehouse of the order when distributing orders, this will reduce costs.

We will consider the possibility of implementation and think about how to make your work more comfortable!

We will inform you about the status of this request!

Re: Take Account of Unit's Location: Nearest Unit

Hello voan,
Thank you for your answer!
I was looking deeper, I think that this first route from the unit to the first point should also be consider in the estimated time to the first point, please, look the screenshot.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br