Topic: Connection Loss new algorithm
Now Wialon has possibility to detect connection losses based on maximum time between messages or no coordinates on messages. I want to suggest more smart algorithm for detecting that. I see some problems in current detection methods:
1. Most of times partners set devices not to send any messages while vehicle engine is off or while is not moving. In such a case we will receive wrong connection losses in Notifications and Reports
2. Sometimes messages without coordinates don't refer to connection lost, let me give you some examples:
A. Partners put GPS modules to sleep but not the device while vehicle engine is off. This method is used for monitoring Temperature of refrigerator all the time and also decrease the power consumption.
B. Consider that customer parks vehicles in -5 floor parking. Such parkings doesn't have GPS coverage for sure and even some times GSM coverage. So you will receive connection loss based on both message time and coordinates while there is not a real connection loss.
What I offer is to add a possibility to:
1. Wialon first check connection losses based on current methods but in case of detecting connection loss shouldn't report it or send notification.
2. Then after receiving next valid coordinate, it should check the distance between previous point from previous valid GPS coordinates with recently received data and calculate distance.
3. Then check the traveled distance and in case of reaching a threshold (like 100 meters) then Report the connection loss or notify user.
With offered method and algorithm, if a parked vehicle in -10 floor doesn't send any messages or send messages without coordinate even for 10 day, after coming back to street the last valid location and current location won't be more than set threshold (as we expect these two positions near to parking door. So, we can receive only real connection losses.
I have thought about implementing this with current Wialon features (like Sensors, Notification, etc.) but couldn't find a way. You may have a solution for that right now, otherwise I guess thinking about a new future which cover this problem will help the community.