Enhancement: Notification digital input ONLY in special geofence

Тема: Enhancement: Notification digital input ONLY in special geofence

Hi dear Gurtam Team,

please add the function to create a notification for a digital input, which is triggered ONLY in specific geofences.

Purpose: Delivery service vehicles has door sensor and end customers should get notification IF vehicle is in specific geofence AND the door is opened.

Thanks
Wolf.

P.S. hopefully i did not miss such a function.
P.S.2: moving a vehicle to a unit group and DOING than the notification for DI for the unit group is a workarround but if you have hundreds of units and thousends of geofences its not the way to do this manualy...

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Re: Enhancement: Notification digital input ONLY in special geofence

I support the Idea, I have asked for such feature several times previously. Thank you wwbusch aka Buwo for posting it.

Re: Enhancement: Notification digital input ONLY in special geofence

Dear wwbusch aka Buwo and hhamedk,

Thank you for posting this suggestion!

P.S.2: moving a vehicle to a unit group and DOING than the notification for DI for the unit group is a workarround but if you have hundreds of units and thousends of geofences its not the way to do this manualy...

I am not sure I got your thought here...

Have you tried to create a notification based on geofence AND linking the needed sensor?

• In the Notifications choose Geofences type of the notification.
  • As you mentioned - you want the notification to be triggered if the unit is in the geofence - so choose the "Inside geofence" option http://nimb.ws/oY0Vle
  • And in this tab in the Advanced options select the "Sensor value" checkbox - the additional settings of the Sensor will appear https://nimb.ws/X3ZPKi.
  • Set up the sensor you need to get triggers from.
  • After that choose the measures should be taken once the unit is in the specified geofence(-s) AND if the sensor sent data in the valid range.

I hope this will solve your problem. Please let me know if I got your problem wrong or in case there are any other questions.

Thank you.

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)