counters jobs

Тема: counters jobs

Hello all

i have a problem with counters job,

lets say i have  10 units, and the job register the engine hours or traffic counter each 10 min.

the problem is that there is some offline units become online and the customer get confused when that happen.

could you find a solution for that

counters jobs

Re: counters jobs

Hello dear hasan.ahmed,

thanks for your question.

If I understand correctly, you have a problem with the fact that when you receive a mileage message (as a result of the triggered job), the unit state changes, and  the last message time is updated in the unit tooltip and extended unit information. If this is the case, you can disable the "Store counter value as parameter of unit data message" option when setting up the job. Thus, the received mileage message will not affect the updating of unit information.
Also I would like to note that the job to reset to zero/store the GPRS traffic counter has no effect on updating the unit information (tooltip, extended information, state).
I want to add that the task to save the current value of the mileage counter is enough to configure 1-2 times a day, for example, in the morning and evening (or at night). In the report to calculate the initial/final mileage (usually the report is done at least for the day) is enough to get the mileage at the beginning of the day and at the end of the day. All intermediate values are optional.

However, I want to say that earlier we received a request that is associated with such a "virtual" message. They may cause some inconvenience for users, for example, a false triggering of some types of notifications. In this connection, we are thinking about changing the logic of processing such messages. In particular, do not take these messages into account when updating the unit information.

If I misrepresented your problem, please describe your request in detail.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

counters jobs

all what you said it true, also

when i send a command to the device via gprs the unit become online but the device is offline

its also a virtual message, so if you are working on it keep this in mind too

Best Regards

counters jobs

hasan.ahmed,

when i send a command to the device via gprs the unit become online but the device is offline
its also a virtual message, so if you are working on it keep this in mind too

You're absolutely right. Virtual commands also generate messages that affect the updating of information about the unit.
As I mentioned earlier, we will work on making changes to the current algorithm. As soon as we have any news, I will inform you in this thread.

Thanks for your request and making Wialon better.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon