Hide Report Setting Icon

Тема: Hide Report Setting Icon

Hi,

is that possible to add a feature to remove the Report Template Setting icon for user?

thank you

• Hide Report Setting Icon

Hide Report Setting Icon

Re: Hide Report Setting Icon

farah.aidid, good day.
Please, tell me more, why do you need to hide this icon from users?
If you do not want users to be able to edit report templates, then you can take away the right "Create, edit, and delete report templates" .

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hide Report Setting Icon

Hello,

It would be more professional. Not every user should see that there are more options, more over they don't need to check the settings.

An other visibility thing, what would fit here, too.

The bigger fleets (with many users) could have plenty of reports. But each user is using only a few from all of the company's reports.

It would be great if users could hide the "unused" reports (such as the very same way as the 'Monitoring' panel customizer works).
So they could set which report(s) are necessary for them and only these reports would be displayed.

Regards,

Eflotta Vehicle Tracking Ltd, Hungary
www.eflotta.com

Hide Report Setting Icon

Hi,

Yes, not every user should see that there are more options for the report. We have done the necessary report template for them. Once customer know the report can easily edit, they will request edit themselves. So they are no more customization value for this.
Some report we are not allow to edit is because we are using it for SDK purpose.
So i think customer don't have to know how we set the report template, unless they request we edit the template.

thank you

Hide Report Setting Icon

Hello farah.aidid, Eflotta,

Yes, not every user should see that there are more options for the report. We have done the necessary report template for them. Once customer know the report can easily edit, they will request edit themselves. So they are no more customization value for this.
Some report we are not allow to edit is because we are using it for SDK purpose.
So i think customer don't have to know how we set the report template, unless they request we edit the template.

Your suggestion for hiding the icon sounds interesting, but I have some doubts.
The fact is that many users use this button to view the settings, so we can not completely hide the icon. But we can think about the following option: if the user doesn't have the right to create, edit and delete report templates, then the icon can be replaced with another one, for example, an eye.
Accordingly, your users will not know that you can make changes to the report template, but will be able to view the current settings.

The bigger fleets (with many users) could have plenty of reports. But each user is using only a few from all of the company's reports.
It would be great if users could hide the "unused" reports (such as the very same way as the 'Monitoring' panel customizer works).
So they could set which report(s) are necessary for them and only these reports would be displayed.

This request is also interesting, but adding such a toolbar will complicate the work with templates. For your task, you can create several resources and put the templates in different resources depending on usage. For example, in the first resource you will have reports that are used daily, and in the second there will be reports used once a year. Next, you can use the resource filter. Each user should have his own resource with the necessary content.
Other functions (copying, deleting, editing) should be located directly next to the report (as it is implemented now) for further rapid use.

Also I want to inform you that I will note both of your requests in backlog with low priority. Supported by partners requests have higher priority. When we get a request we should prove it has business value for our partners. Now the value of such improvement doesn't look very high.The situation may change if more partners support your idea and add some practical examples.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hide Report Setting Icon

mana пишет:

Hello farah.aidid, Eflotta,

Your suggestion for hiding the icon sounds interesting, but I have some doubts.
The fact is that many users use this button to view the settings, so we can not completely hide the icon. But we can think about the following option: if the user doesn't have the right to create, edit and delete report templates, then the icon can be replaced with another one, for example, an eye.
Accordingly, your users will not know that you can make changes to the report template, but will be able to view the current settings.

Customer can try submit and see how the reports look like. not necessary go and check how the setting are.  And i don't think so they understand without asking us.  smile