False Notifications of Idling and Parking

Тема: False Notifications of Idling and Parking

I've noticed in the past few weeks that the system does not collect information about online/offline status of the unit while generating a notification.

Its mean that the notification will be triggered irrespective of its status.

For example, unit went offline when its ignition was on at '0' speed, and remained offline till 15 minutes. In the above case, the system will trigger a notification that the unit is in idling state for the last 15 minutes. But in reality, it wasn't.

After that, unit comes online and upload all the black box messages to the server. Then we come to know that the unit was actually moving at the same time when the notification about 'Idle for 15 minutes" was triggered.

I know, the data will be correct in the reports but we are counting the number of notification triggers for collecting information. And the managers who are receiving mobile notifications through mobile app, they make quick decisions on the basis of the notifications they receive.

Same situation occurs in the parking notification.

So, is there any possibility to restrict the notification when the unit is offline/does not send any data for the specified time period to the server?

I think this issue must be resolved ASAP because it is giving false information to the users/managers.

I need your help to solve this issue.

Thank you

• False Notifications of Idling and Parking

Re: False Notifications of Idling and Parking

Hello!

Please try to use option "Timeout".  Also the other useful option can be "Control period from current time"
https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/user/notify/params
If it doesn't help in your case, please write to support@gurtam.com with more detailed example.

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam

chdi

Thank you for your interest.

You're right, this won't work in my case.

'Timeout' and 'Control period from current time' is used in different cases.

But in Idling, these two options are not available in notifications.

How this issue can be resolved? Need your help.

ifleet.pk пишет:

chdi

Thank you for your interest.

You're right, this won't work in my case.

'Timeout' and 'Control period from current time' is used in different cases.

But in Idling, these two options are not available in notifications.

How this issue can be resolved? Need your help.

Hello!

Unfortunately, in this case for idling control it's not possible to use timeout, as counter time is working only online and calculate how much real time the ignition is on or off.
When device sends messages from blackbox as history due to different reasons, in reality it's not a online controlling, because the data doesn't come in real time.
In your case only advice is considering the timeout in indling control. For example, must to control indling X time  + timeout when device don't send messages.

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam