Topic: Monitoring panel UI changes
Our designer prepared the clickable prototype of the Monitoring tab. We want to share it with you and identify what of these changes you like most or vise versa. Any other ideas that concern the monitoring tab UI are welcome.
Please, follow the link (sorry for the long download, the tool is rather heavy).
Lower I will mark all the changes that are presented in the prototype. I want to ask you to choose what you like most. Any explanations will be a great plus. Voting will help us to see the most valuable changes and take to develop them first. If you find some changes useless, we will skip them.
Here is the list of changes:
- Top panel. New color and height.
- Top panel. We removed tabs that do not fit on the line to the "hamburger" button and added more space between tabs.
- Top panel. We moved the top panel settings to the very end and replaced checkboxes with switches.
- Monitoring tab. We added icons to the List / Dashboard buttons. Only icons remain on mobile phones and a narrow panel.
- Monitoring tab. Increased field height.
- Monitoring tab. We added an icon that shows the possibility to open additional information. It appears by mouse hover on the row.
- Monitoring tab. Icons are inscribed in a circle.
- Monitoring tab. Tabs in a tooltip & additional information.
- Monitoring tab.More space for the unit's data in a tooltip & additional information. There is two variants for displaying data (sensor values are shown as an example).
- Map. "Tools" button moved to the map.
- Map. "+", "-" and the scale are combined in the one element.
- Map. The headings with a cross appeared at the "Tools" / "Map Selection" dialogs. You can close it by a cross or a click outside the dialog.
- Monitoring tab settings. Checkboxes moved to the left.
- Online notifications. "Register event" button moved near the "Command" button.
Thanks in advance for all who will take part in our discussion.
Ex-Business Analyst, Gurtam