1000 digits separator

Topic: 1000 digits separator

Hi GT

It would be great we we have 1000 separator sign "," in reports and some other part of system. It is important when we are working with big numbers like mileage of vehicles in a period of 6 month or more. It would be great if we have it as an option in user setting to apply this separator.

I have to mention that this idea is coming from Gressy Azrak, Gurtam partner in UAE and as I found it useful I posted it here.

Other partners please share your valuable opinions.

1000 digits separator

(edited by mana 11/10/2019 11:13:13)

Re: 1000 digits separator

Hello, hhamedk!
I understood your suggestion. But I have such question: what do you expect to see in the Excel report? The thing is, this separator is not parsed and in the Excel can show only fractional part.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

1000 digits separator

(edited by hhamedk 12/10/2019 15:43:34)

Re: 1000 digits separator

mana wrote:

I understood your suggestion. But I have such question: what do you expect to see in the Excel report? The thing is, this separator is not parsed and in the Excel can show only fractional part.

You can set exported file to contain these separators as Excel itself has possibility to add these separators in Format Cell. So, you just need to create Excel file and set cells which are subjected to this case to have 1000 separator. As an option you can even leave this function in Excel exported file as it's really easy in Excel to format numbers to has such separator.